Page 146 of 402 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,920 of 8039

Thread: Stadium Updates (All Clubs)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    There is a few links there to the plans and a few pages back from the end there is an image uploaded of the plans.

http://foot.ie/threads/149738-Markets-Field-Renovations
    Yeah, i had looked there, no clear or what's been updated from initial plans.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face View Post
    Yeah, i had looked there, no clear or what's been updated from initial plans.
    The initial plans albeit very optimistic had stands on either end, a long one at the far side and an extension to the existing stand. All to be done in phases ie main stand extension and one stand at the end first and then look into the other two stands down the line.

Now it is the main stand with a small stand put at the end of it and a small stand behind one goal for away fans which looks tiny and lost with 5 steps of terracing behind the opposite goal almost off to one side.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post

Limerick are still in the best situation they've been in for 20 years. A little perspective is needed IMO
    We are because of Pat O Sullivan and one of the only ways we were going to be in any kind of a good situation when he goes is if we could generate revenue from the ground which we now cant. How crap things were for us before are no excuse for the decisions being made about the Markets Field.
    Last edited by bluewhitearmy; 21/11/2013 at 4:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    How crap things were for us before are no excuse for the decisions being made about the Markets Field.
    Of course they are. If you were averaging 1,500 people at your games for ten years, then they might be more willing to spend on a bigger stadium now. Cork and Rovers don't have any income from the ground and they're doing fine.
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Of course they are. If you were averaging 1,500 people at your games for ten years, then they might be more willing to spend on a bigger stadium now. Cork and Rovers don't have any income from the ground and they're doing fine.
    Should have been more clear i mean the lack of bar i have no problem with the max attendance.

Rovers and Cork have the whole members and being run by fans thing when Pat leaves us we will have nothing like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Rovers and Cork have the whole members and being run by fans thing when Pat leaves us we will have nothing like that.
    Then do it now so, take advantage of this bad news and get people involved. Its a process that would take at least 10 committed people to setup over 1-2 years, and once its up and running then you are laughing. Make contact and get it done, the 400 club were very helpful when FORAS was starting, and both will help anyone willing to help themselves. Do it .... Do it now !!!
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face View Post
    Then do it now so, take advantage of this bad news and get people involved. Its a process that would take at least 10 committed people to setup over 1-2 years, and once its up and running then you are laughing. Make contact and get it done, the 400 club were very helpful when FORAS was starting, and both will help anyone willing to help themselves. Do it .... Do it now !!!
    There has been talk of it and id imagine that talk will get more serious now but i honestly dont think there are enough people around that care enough whether the club is there or not that it would work out in Limerick. I hope i'm wrong obviously.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    There has been talk of it and id imagine that talk will get more serious now but i honestly dont think there are enough people around that care enough whether the club is there or not that it would work out in Limerick. I hope i'm wrong obviously.
    Rovers were getting something like 1000 people at a game when the 400 club was formed. Fair enough, historically Rovers had a lot more fans, but it's not like the revival was based around casual fans who hadn't been to a game in years. Limerick have plenty of potential and the lack of a bar at the stadium isn't going to negate that. I'm sorry, but you sound ridiculous. Limerick will have what sounds like a good stadium in a fairly central part of town, where people will go if they have the motivation. You fill Markets Field and you'll have plenty of success.
    Last edited by Charlie Darwin; 22/11/2013 at 2:32 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    You only need ten and if you are all prepared to give €2 a week then you're sorted. Just get it up and running first.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Just a little update from seeing the Markets Field plans up close at the supporters EGM that was on:

The away fans will be in a small 300 seat stand with around 4 or 5 rows covered by the roof. When it rains around two rows will be covered because of the way the stand faces. If away fans bring more than 300 then the rest will have to stand outside on a patch of concrete. The stand will be approximately 25 feet from the pitch behind the goals.

There was a meeting tonight amongst supporters and while it's still unsure what can be done it seems we are going no where long term by making this move to the Markets Field rather than we are prolonging our existence.

We will have use of it for around 20 days a season and no more. Our under 19's and Academy teams will not have use of the ground. Any european games if we managed to qualify will have to be moved to Thomond Park.

It seems the LEDP are making it clear it is their ground, not Limerick FC's and they will do with it what they see fit and we can rent it if we want.

The only reason they are actually bothering with the extra two stands is the FAI licensing and if they had it their way they wouldn't bother with the new stands at all.

The club are on a tight rope because they can't exactly afford to tell the LEDP to shove the Markets Field.

It will be interesting to see if anything more official comes out from the LEDP.
    Last edited by Jofspring; 26/11/2013 at 12:13 AM.

11. Thanks From:

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    Very disappointing, but it does seem as if there is very little we can do about this situation directly. Just something to put up with, and hope that a consistent level of attendance encourages greater investment.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    25 feet from the pitch? What the hell is the point of that?
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    Just a little update from seeing the Markets Field plans up close at the supporters EGM that was on:

The away fans will be in a small 300 seat stand with around 4 or 5 rows covered by the roof. When it rains around two rows will be covered because of the way the stand faces. If away fans bring more than 300 then the rest will have to stand outside on a patch of concrete. The stand will be approximately 25 feet from the pitch behind the goals.

There was a meeting tonight amongst supporters and while it's still unsure what can be done it seems we are going no where long term by making this move to the Markets Field rather than we are prolonging our existence.

We will have use of it for around 20 days a season and no more. Our under 19's and Academy teams will not have use of the ground. Any european games if we managed to qualify will have to be moved to Thomond Park.

It seems the LEDP are making it clear it is their ground, not Limerick FC's and they will do with it what they see fit and we can rent it if we want.

The only reason they are actually bothering with the extra two stands is the FAI licensing and if they had it their way they wouldn't bother with the new stands at all.

The club are on a tight rope because they can't exactly afford to tell the LEDP to shove the Markets Field.

It will be interesting to see if anything more official comes out from the LEDP.
    Jebus, that's mad .... Are Limerick FC the only tenants? Or are there more lined up?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    The last release said they would be the only tenants in 2014 but you can take it that more were on the way.

SDCC played the "this is our stadium, not yours" act with Rovers too. Then the realised without Rovers they'd be stuffed. Hopefully the LEDP do too.

Not having the under 19s etc there is lunacy
    ---

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    They are looking to let Rugby League use it as well. Ya I said Rugby League, in Ireland.

I think they want schools rugby to use it too but don't see why they would.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    I don't really see that being an issue. Tallaght plays host to rugby union/league, american football and load of others things. It'll still need an anchor tenant
    ---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    I don't really see that being an issue. Tallaght plays host to rugby union/league, american football and load of others things. It'll still need an anchor tenant
    Certainly not an issue but if they are banking on them to rent the place then they need limerick a lot more than they think or would be letting on.

Formerly skibbereen co.cork but now Oregon USA
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    25 feet back from the goal, I suppose it will deeter away fans from running onto the pitch, better than climb resistant paint lol. Bus seriously that will be an awful view unless the stand is ten feet up from the ground.
    west cork district league
    west cork commandos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by citybone View Post
    25 feet back from the goal, I suppose it will deeter away fans from running onto the pitch, better than climb resistant paint lol. Bus seriously that will be an awful view unless the stand is ten feet up from the ground.
    Its a pity because its a game that i'd always travel to, but if its totally crap then i wont. Too many years of crap grounds/away sections. Now i just vote with my feet. I'll try it once or twice and if its not up to it then i wont be back until its sorted out.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    25 feet from the pitch? What the hell is the point of that?
    To annoy you
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC