Page 127 of 408 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 8146

Thread: Stadium Updates (All Clubs)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HulaHoop View Post
    Great to see a new stand going up in the Showgrounds. Fair play to Sligo for investing in infrastructure that will be of long term benefit to the club. One question on this development thouh, I've just seen this photo on boards.ie and I have to wonder why Sligo didn't just leave the terracing at the Railway end as it was and build the new stand behind the other goal? This would have created a genuine four sided stadium. Any Sligo fans know the reason why they didn't do this?

The redevelopment of the shed end is a long term project that will require massive investment.
    Plans have already been drawn up for a stand that is something like 1500 if I can remember correctly.
    Also talk of rooms for catering, hospitalty stuff, bars, and all that stuff.
    Anyway from my understanding the shed end redevlopment is still a while away until substantial funds can be collected for it.
    Its more of a medium to long term goal from what I could gather.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    The redevelopment of the shed end is a long term project that will require massive investment.
    Plans have already been drawn up for a stand that is something like 1500 if I can remember correctly.
    Anyway from my understanding the shed end redevlopment is still a while away until substantial funds can be collected for it.
    Thanks for the clarification, it makes sense now. A redeveloped shed end with shop/bar/clubhouse would turn the Showgrounds into one of the top grounds in the country. Hopefully it will happen in the medium term.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post

Any links to the plans? fair play to Sligo...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    179 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_SRFC View Post
    Any links to the plans? fair play to Sligo...
    Havent seen plans for the Shed End, but throw them up if anyone has them. Here is what's planned for the Jinks Avenue Stand tho. Its a 1,600 odd stand with Gym, Conference Room and indoor Futsal Hall at the back of the stand (beside the Astro pitch if you know the Showgies). Its a long finger job unfortunately but no harm in having a plan in place.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by redobit; 06/06/2012 at 10:41 AM.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    The Jinks stand plans are the only ones that I have ever seen.
    They have been on the table for a few years now.

Formerly skibbereen co.cork but now Oregon USA
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Pie in the Sky development as far as i can see. Finn Harps ground will be finished before these plans go anywhere, ie. a while away yet. although Finn Harps ground my be done in the next few years.
    west cork district league
    west cork commandos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    The plans for our Shed end are similar to Cork. There is no plan to do anything with the Jinks, it was considered a few years back but decided to get both ends sorted would be a better option

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by citybone View Post
    Pie in the Sky development as far as i can see. Finn Harps ground will be finished before these plans go anywhere, ie. a while away yet. although Finn Harps ground my be done in the next few years.
    Foundations started already. Steel work to be done over the summer with building to start toward the end of the year I believe. To be in for the 2014 season if all goes to plan.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

11. Thanks From:

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    http://m.limerickleader.ie/news/loca...oser-1-3927018

The local clowncillors getting in on the act. Demanding they be involved and that Limerick FC build a community centre in the area or they wil make life difficult for Limeirck FC. I get the feeling the planning may really drag out.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Just promise to name a stand after each of them and display their headshots at half time. It'll be grand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    http://m.limerickleader.ie/news/loca...oser-1-3927018

The local clowncillors getting in on the act. Demanding they be involved and that Limerick FC build a community centre in the area or they wil make life difficult for Limeirck FC. I get the feeling the planning may really drag out.
    Absolute Scum.

They've killed the city stone dead with their incompetence and now they want a private enterprise to build them a community centre in Garryowen??

What the **** have any of those reptiles ever done for Garryowen??

Let's go through that rogues gallery:

Kieran O'Hanlon - Councillor for the last 74 years. Has never done anything. Famously claimed expenses for attending a conference in Kerry and Dublin - On the same day. Fianna Fail.

Kevin Kiely - Half wit. Possible racist. Brought shame on the city as our worst mayor of all time. Quite an achievement that.

Joe Leddin - Useless little wimp. New Labour. Genuinely, actually, ran from my doorstep during the last general election campaign. Claimed €1,000 in expenses for a conference:

which consisted of Sean Nós Dancing & recitals in the flute,fiddle,bodhrán and tin whistle.

Ger Fahy - Has he ever done anything for anyone in his 25+ years?? Bald.

Gerry "Ginger" Mcloughlin - Attacks referees at rugby games. Got useless daughter into council. Claimed expenses for a conference at:

the Glor Theatre in Ennis - which according to the organisation's website, included walking tours of Ennis, poetry readings, and "research visits to local taverns for lively debate and impromptu singing"
    Far from caring about the community in Garryowen or anywhere else these are enemies of the people of Limerick.

No wonder the city is ****ed.
    Last edited by Lim till i die; 09/06/2012 at 12:33 AM. Reason: the public have a RIGHT to know!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post

Ger Fahy - Has he ever done anything for anyone in his 25+ years?? Bald.

Gerry "Ginger" Mcloughlin - Attacks referees at rugby games. Got useless daughter into council. Claimed expenses for a conference at:
    Oiiii!!!! LTID leave the baldies alone ok

Didn't know this about "Ginger" !! He has now been struck from my hero list.Hate cnuts like that.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    586 Posts
    Ah yes Kevin Kiely. The guy who said something racist, apologised, then announced he didn't mean the apology when his term was up. Plonker.

Edit: Oh, and got so annoyed that FG wouldn't let him run as their third candidate in the GE last year (you know, because of the whole "being a racist and lying about it" thing), that he ran as an Independent and tried to split their vote. So, a plonker and a baby.
    Last edited by NeverFeltBetter; 09/06/2012 at 1:14 AM.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    Edit: Oh, and got so annoyed that FG wouldn't let him run as their third candidate in the GE last year (you know, because of the whole "being a racist and lying about it" thing), that he ran as an Independent and tried to split their vote. So, a plonker and a baby.
    He was actually a stooge being manipulated by Dillee O'Wee (imagine it!!) to cut into Maurice Quinlivans vote.

He was too thick to realise though bless him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bullit View Post
    Didn't know this about "Ginger" !! He has now been struck from my hero list.Hate cnuts like that.
    That article is only the half of it.

The poor ref had to barricade himself in a dressing room while the bould Ginger tried to kick in the door.

Meanwhile, over at Richmond RFC (The nearest rugby club to Garryowen with a fairly strong base in the area) Ginger and O'Hanlon do their bit for the community
    Last edited by Lim till i die; 09/06/2012 at 2:14 AM.

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post

Kieran O'Hanlon - Councillor for the last 74 years. Has never done anything. Famously claimed expenses for attending a conference in Kerry and Dublin - On the same day. Fianna Fail.
    Could just have said FF as it equates to the same thing
    To be elected to the council takes very little effort in Ireland unfortunately

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    I think your round up should be printed in the leader Monday morning Ltid. Nice little synopsis of the muppets in charge in Limerick.

I didn't see them demanding community centres be built in Clareview or mayorstone when Thomond Park was redeveloped.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Ye elected them in lads, nobody else.
    This illustrates the dysfunctional political system in this country.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dong View Post
    Ye elected them in lads, nobody else.
    Stock internet forum response #9657421

I've never voted for any of those muppets. The standard of councillors nationwide is appaling. I'm not sure what your point is. etc. etc.

:yawns:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Actually, just to clarify, in 2009 these five puddings garnered just over 4500 votes between them.

Considering Limerick FC playing out of the Markets Field would be looking at a catchment area of 300,000 it gives you a tiny insight into the tiny minds of these muppets.

Personally after this I'd love if the club had the money to take us out by the Crescent Shopping or somewhere else populated and not within the city boundary, leave the ****ers to it and leave the Markets Field and Garryowen and the rest of the disaster they've created for themselves in our increasingly miserable excuse for a city to fall down around their incompetent arses.

You try to do the right thing, you get involved in the community, you do your prison projects, you do your school visits, you do your late night football schools, you sponsor your clubs from disadvantaged areas, you do your free camps in disadvantaged areas, you propose to put millions into an area right on the edge of the city centre that has been left to rot for 25 years and for what?? For the worthless parasites in city hall to stick out their fat hands again looking for more and more and more for nothing.

SCUM.

For the record I voted for the ould RSF guy.