Ian Fosters Black & White army

The Home of football is oriel!

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Hmmm I thought they would be redeveloping the area, rather than just plinking seats down
    Bah humbug!

How do you plink a seat down?

Is it a good thing or a bad thing?
    Last edited by Ezeikial; 18/05/2010 at 8:35 PM.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Here is a related good news story regarding the development of the Oriel Park Youth Development Centre.

Its estimated to be worth in excess of €1m to the local economy!

18 MAY 2010: European Seniors Badminton Championships 2010 for Oriel Park Youth

Development Centre Dundalk FC’s Oriel Park Youth Development Centre is set to be the focal point for Europe’s largest international Badminton Tournament – the week long European Seniors Badminton Championships 2010 – which will take place in September.

Estimated to worth in excess of €1M to the local economy, the tournament will attract elite players from about 24 European nations to compete for the prestigious titles. Up to about 600 competitors - along with 100 officials and many more supporters and coaches - are expected, with up to 1,000 people a day to attend Oriel Park for the week long tournament. The visitors, coming from all over Europe, will stay in Dundalk for the full week of the tournament. While highly competitive, the European Seniors Badminton Championships traditionally have a strong social element with excellent interaction with the local host community.

The tournament will be staged in Dundalk Football Club’s brand new and ultra modern Oriel Park Youth Development Centre which will be specially prepared for the tournament to include the temporary installation of 10 Yonex special courts and a tiered spectator arena. Catering, hospitality, merchandising and special physiotherapy facilities will also compliment the ‘total tournament experience’ being provided.

This major tournament – one of the few major international sports events being staged in Ireland in 2010 - will also showcase the new Oriel Park facility as a possible venue for the World Seniors Badminton Championships and as a potential Olympic preparation facility for nations competing in the London 2012 Olympic Games.

The main sponsors of this huge international event are Marshes Shopping Centre, Dundalk. Marshes are hosting the Opening Ceremony on Sunday the 26th September at 2.30 and all are welcome. Yonex Sports will be sponsoring and supplying the special courts and shuttles for the tournament at a cost of approx €25,000.

A number of the Badminton competitors are expected to be unveiled to the Oriel Park faithful at the forthcoming FAI Ford Cup game against St Patrick’s Athletic on June 4
    http://dundalkfc.com/news/100518_Badminton.asp

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Seats look well in Oriel. Good to see any sort of development at LoI grounds.
    Last edited by dong; 18/05/2010 at 8:55 PM. Reason: Spelling

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Hmmm I thought they would be redeveloping the area, rather than just plinking seats down
    There is still plans to develop the away section, but obviously time is not on our side for this season, the priority was always to install as many seating as possible in time for the end of May inspection by UEFA.

Sligo fans will be first to see this section almost complete on Friday.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Sligo fans will be first to see this section almost complete on Friday.
    pity they wont be able to see the whole pitch...

only joking, fair play Dundalk. It looks great and BETOP has done really well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Sorry Dodge, we will try do better next time...
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dfclilywhite View Post
    Here's an update about the seats including some photo's.

http://www.dundalkfc.com/news/100403_BETOP.asp
    cool, will the seats be left after the european games? surely they will..
    longterm oriel has good space behind the goals for development. love that artificial pitch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Most of this seating already in will be permanent. There are plans to develop that area behind the town side goal, but this is a long way off, priority was always to get as many seats in for the euro game, or dare i say games !
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    I wasn't knocking it lads. needs must and all that

I was just saying the impression I had, was that it was something more substantial (admittedly from only reading posts here)
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    i thought yaz would have redeveloped the ground as well, seats tho well tho

will the price of tickets go up now??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    You probably read posts here saying the plans for the future was to build a stand behind the town goal and improve where the current away section is by roofing it, but these were plans for another year. This was always going to be a rush job getting seats in, but I think it looks really well considering the time they had to prepare.

Plus as the club have said many times, the seating is only one thing on the list (but the most visibile) dozens and dozens of other items have to be completed in time for the end of May inspection.

Euro games at home only help clubs in the long term as i couldnt have seen much improvement this year if we hadn`t have qualified, Youth Centre a perfect example of funds spent elsewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    The Fingal Multi-Sports Complex (Home in the future hopefully)

http://www.fingal-independent.ie/pre...premiumcontent

Its only a small part of the actual article in The Fingal Independant.

The full article goes on to state that the Council are only intending to give over €200,000 this year towards the project from an originally intended € 1.25m

Its nice to hear that the project might finally get started but its a fair bit less money than was earmarked. Is this a long term problem or not? I dont know. Maybe we should just be happy some money is being made available.
    What would €200,000 get you when building this complex? The pitch? Small stand? Cant really see it stretching that far.

I guess Ill remain positive and be happy we may actually get the diggers in sometime soon. I hope
    Last edited by Lamper.sffc; 19/05/2010 at 3:51 PM.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamper.sffc View Post
    The Fingal Multi-Sports Complex (Home in the future hopefully)

http://www.fingal-independent.ie/pre...premiumcontent

Its only a small part of the actual article in The Fingal Independant.

The full article goes on to state that the Council are only intending to give over €200,000 this year towards the project from an originally intended € 1.25m

Its nice to hear that the project might finally get started but its a fair bit less money than was earmarked. Is this a long term problem or not? I dont know. Maybe we should just be happy some money is being made available.
    What would €200,000 get you when building this complex? The pitch? Small stand? Cant really see it stretching that far.

I guess Ill remain positive and be happy we may actually get the diggers in sometime soon. I hope
    It blamed 'third parties' that the council is working with on some of these community projects for the apparent delay in realising them and said that in some cases the projects have been put back and the phasing of their construction has had to be changed.
    Any idea what that means?
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Not 100% sure but I guess the cost of the complex wasnt going to be completely funded by the Fingal Council. A certain amount of it was to be funded by other parties I guess. Im thinking some of these have since pulled out due to the economic climate. The complex isnt being built for Sporting fingal though. It was being built regardless of where we where going to end up. We will be moving into this facility due to the fact swords has been put on the long, long finger. When, if the swords one goes ahead, then we will be heading back up to swords.

I do know for sure, the article in full discusses various projects in fingal (the sports complex being one of them) that have had their budget for this year cut. When they mention third parties, its in connection with all the projects they are talking about not just the Sport Complex.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Well, we can hardly contain ourselves and we won't have to anymore on Friday nights. After several years of not consuming any fluids on a Friday for fear that we might get short-taken on the terrace side or having to tear around the back of the goals at half-time knocking over any stewards that attempted to block our path to use the club house facilities, the new toilets have arrived!!!

There may not have been too many goals in Hunky Dorys Park for the past few months but tomorrow night there'll be both silverware and porcelain to aim for! To Darius and the lads we say aim high and the rest of you, aim low and make sure you're on target.
    http://www.droghedaunited.ie/news/20.../news_001.html
    You've got no fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Top-soil delivered to the new Finn Park this week and work on the pitch to commence shortly. Good sign.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Speaking of signs, construction of a new sign beside the N11 has been completed in Ferrycarrig Park.

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    " for fear that we might get short-taken on the terrace side"
    are these the toilets for the bar?surely not for the ground....
    Theres more urinales in my local pub!but maybe thats because there more people there on a friday/sat nite than in hunky dory park!

23. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    The new toilets are very nice - hotel quality almost - but for away fans, be warned - it's the part of the ground you can't get to, so you're still stuck with portaloos or facilities third world countries would be shocked at.