Page 102 of 314 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 6264

Thread: Stadium Updates (All Clubs)

  1. #2021
    International Prospect Dunny's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Shedside
    Posts
    5,371
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    563
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    714
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    A Shels fan quoted after a fans forum tonight..

    It's expected that this will be our last year in Tolka with renting Dalymount seen as our immediate future.
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

    Termonbarry Athletic TID!

  2. #2022
    Youth Team KianD's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Maynooth
    Posts
    221
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fionnsci View Post
    Good report on the 6 one news toady about Dorgheda United fans cleaning up and painting United Park....anyway, twas a positive advertisement.
    They claimed it was "unique". No way were Drogheda the only club to have a cleanup day before the start of the season - Harps did too for starters.

  3. #2023
    Youth Team GUFCghost's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    180
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    105
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    14
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    A Shels fan quoted after a fans forum tonight..
    Whats wrong with Tolka?
    oh boy I'm not good at football forums

  4. #2024
    Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In the gutter, but looking at the stars
    Posts
    11,092
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,586
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,108
    Thanked in
    1,426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GUFCghost View Post
    Whats wrong with Tolka?
    They sold it to pay for Ollie's madness.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

  5. #2025
    Reserves SMorgan's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2008
    Location
    Drogheda Lilywhite.
    Posts
    577
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    for all that Drogheda fans were complaining the there were no lights in the toilets and they stank and this on the first game of the season.
    Neale Fenn on retiring: 'I think once you finish you might as well finish rather than making all sorts of comebacks.'

  6. #2026
    International Prospect Dunny's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Shedside
    Posts
    5,371
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    563
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    714
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    The entrance to Oriel has been covered in Tarmac, all the stones, potholes and puddles are gone..
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

    Termonbarry Athletic TID!

  7. #2027
    First Team Buller's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Cider
    Posts
    1,131
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    65
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    49
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    The entrance to Oriel has been covered in Tarmac, all the stones, potholes and puddles are gone..
    About time too! I remember being late running off the bus after the driver took a wrong turn...
    I got completely drenched from the puddles. Couldn't see them in the dark and they were bloody massive!! (the match was worth it though )

  8. #2028
    First Team
    Joined
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,855
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    185
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    227
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Came accross last years Europe programme with this graphic for a new stand at the Jinks side. 2000 seater stand with a indoor fubal, gym, seminar room, office etc. It would be great if it went ahead. With 2 covered terraces behind the goals it make The Showgrounds into a great wee ground. We live in hope i suppose.

    2..jpg
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

  9. #2029
    Banned marinobohs's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in the bar celebratingl
    Posts
    3,629
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    360
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    645
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    A Shels fan quoted after a fans forum tonight..
    As mentioned here before Shels and Bohs had extensive talks about Shels renting Dalymount and went a long way towards agreement. This was shelved when Shels did not get promotion and the planning terms for Tolka park ensured development was unlikely in the short term. I think other options explored by Shels are all now stopped (perhaps shels fans know more on this).

    Ironically the option to rent Dalymount was available during Ollie's reign and had it been accepted could well have prevented the subsequent melt down at the club. Fortunately/unfortunately Ollie rejected the option to rent after Bohs membership rejected an offer by him to buy 50% of the ground for a knock down price.

  10. #2030
    Reserves fionnsci's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Baile an Teampaill
    Posts
    649
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    86
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    98
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redobit View Post
    Came accross last years Europe programme with this graphic for a new stand at the Jinks side. 2000 seater stand with a indoor fubal, gym, seminar room, office etc. It would be great if it went ahead. With 2 covered terraces behind the goals it make The Showgrounds into a great wee ground. We live in hope i suppose.

    2..jpg
    What text was with the photo? As in, is it likely to go ahead and if so when?
    "If you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime,"
    “Crikey, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea,"

  11. #2031
    Apprentice
    Joined
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Why is there a gap between the end and main part of the stand? And different roof height?


    Quote Originally Posted by redobit View Post
    Came accross last years Europe programme with this graphic for a new stand at the Jinks side. 2000 seater stand with a indoor fubal, gym, seminar room, office etc. It would be great if it went ahead. With 2 covered terraces behind the goals it make The Showgrounds into a great wee ground. We live in hope i suppose.

    2..jpg

  12. #2032
    Banned
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    324
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    8
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    will all away fans at Dalymount be in section A of the Jodi this season?That would mean less than 400 tickets for hoops ,cant see only 400 hundred Hoops turning up in the Jodi if that is the case.How many does the shed hold?

  13. #2033
    Reserves Riddickcule's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Location
    On a chair
    Posts
    529
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    19
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    31
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    I can see the rovers fans being fecked into the shed, probably with Pats aswell.

  14. #2034
    Seasoned Pro peadar1987's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    2,562
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    757
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    800
    Thanked in
    472 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddickcule View Post
    I can see the rovers fans being fecked into the shed, probably with Pats aswell.
    At the same time? That's going to be interesting!

  15. #2035
    Banned marinobohs's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in the bar celebratingl
    Posts
    3,629
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    360
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    645
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoversHead View Post
    will all away fans at Dalymount be in section A of the Jodi this season?That would mean less than 400 tickets for hoops ,cant see only 400 hundred Hoops turning up in the Jodi if that is the case.How many does the shed hold?
    Cant see the gardai allowing shams in the Jodi so would expect they would be in the Des kelly. Fairly reduced capacity in that so may well be a limit on "away" tickets. Cant imagine the DK takes more than 4/500 (at a stretch).

    Not sure about pats, not ideal having them in the same stand (from a security perspective) but not the same level of "issues" there would be with having shams in the Jodi. usually get a smattering of Pats in the Jodi anyway even when the bulk of their fans were on the Connaught St side.
    Last edited by marinobohs; 11/03/2010 at 9:57 AM.

  16. #2036
    Apprentice The Observer's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cardiff & Dublin
    Posts
    18
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Cant see the gardai allowing shams in the Jodi so would expect they would be in the Des kelly. Fairly reduced capacity in that so may well be a limit on "away" tickets. Cant imagine the DK takes more than 4/500 (at a stretch).

    Not sure about pats, not ideal having them in the same stand (from a security perspective) but not the same level of "issues" there would be with having shams in the Jodi. usually get a smattering of Pats in the Jodi anyway even when the bulk of their fans were on the Connaught St side.
    To be fair, the last time i attended a Bohs v Rovers game in Dalymount i sat in Section B of the Jodi stand with my nephew & despite there being a fair contingent of Rovers supporters on the Connaught St terrace there was at least another approx 60 Rovers fans located in Sections A & B of the jodi, easily identifiable due to their green & white scarves etc... so i assume security would have to be tightened if there was to be no Rovers fans in the jodi for future fixtures between the teams? Or is this small amount located the opposite end of the stand from the more 'vociferous' bohs fans considered acceptable?

  17. #2037
    Now with extra sauce! Dodge's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Insomnia
    Posts
    23,528
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    663
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,675
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Pats crowd was nearly always split between Jodi and Connaught (or Jodi and Shed in recent times). There willl always be those fans who prefer sitting down watching a game (families & older fans generally). I assume that this group of Rovers fans would have no issues with Bohs fans in the Jodi either

    Similarly in Richmond, both in the current segregation and previously when open, there were always fans of Bohs and Rovers who would go into stand (away from main bulk of their support). proves the point that the majority of supporters can watch a game side by side
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

  18. #2038
    Banned marinobohs's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in the bar celebratingl
    Posts
    3,629
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    360
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    645
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
    To be fair, the last time i attended a Bohs v Rovers game in Dalymount i sat in Section B of the Jodi stand with my nephew & despite there being a fair contingent of Rovers supporters on the Connaught St terrace there was at least another approx 60 Rovers fans located in Sections A & B of the jodi, easily identifiable due to their green & white scarves etc... so i assume security would have to be tightened if there was to be no Rovers fans in the jodi for future fixtures between the teams? Or is this small amount located the opposite end of the stand from the more 'vociferous' bohs fans considered acceptable?
    for 90% of fans of both teams the issue is irrelevant and shams fans do turn up in the Jodi but not in any concerted numbers. Given the history I suspect that the gardai would not allow a block of tickets issue to shams for the Jodi Stand (even blocks A or B). I suspect they will be put in the Des Kelly and tickets limited accordingly. not speasking for the gardai (God forbid) but the issue would probobly be access. cant imagine both sets of fans accessing the Jodi via Dalymount lane ! (anyone at a Bohs/Rovers game inrecent years will understand ) Both clubs did "share" a stand in Tallaght but with very limited tickets for Bohs.

  19. #2039
    Banned marinobohs's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in the bar celebratingl
    Posts
    3,629
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    360
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    645
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Pats crowd was nearly always split between Jodi and Connaught (or Jodi and Shed in recent times). There willl always be those fans who prefer sitting down watching a game (families & older fans generally). I assume that this group of Rovers fans would have no issues with Bohs fans in the Jodi either

    Similarly in Richmond, both in the current segregation and previously when open, there were always fans of Bohs and Rovers who would go into stand (away from main bulk of their support). proves the point that the majority of supporters can watch a game side by side
    fans of most clubs mix OK apart from the more vociferous that opt to stand in a group (again, usually peaceably) unfortunately Bohs/Rovers is somewhat different ! usually enjoy bumping into the Pats fans I know at games and having a chat, never a problem but cant say the same about the shams I know (unfortunately).

  20. #2040
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    30,579
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,412
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,757
    Thanked in
    1,707 Posts
    Rovers v Bohs stuff binned (again...)

Similar Threads

  1. Tallaght Stadium or Aviva Stadium for Shamrock RVS??
    By cob655 in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 204
    Last Post: 14/09/2011, 12:47 PM
  2. Comparison of Irish clubs in Europe versus Scottish clubs in Europe
    By Dodge in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 324
    Last Post: 14/09/2011, 8:18 AM
  3. Stadium updates (all clubs)
    By BohsFans in forum Rubbish
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07/06/2010, 9:07 AM
  4. EL Clubs ranked in Top 100 clubs for this Month
    By steno in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11/09/2006, 9:02 PM
  5. GAA clubs threaten judicial review on Tallaght stadium
    By paudie in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 05/04/2006, 3:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •