Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

View Poll Results: Should John Delaney be fired?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

111 90.24%
  • No

12 9.76%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: The John Delaney Discussion thread

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by republicofwhite View Post
    No lads, what we need is someone who is World Class...
    The manager is First Class - in the sense that a child from first class would do a better job.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    whoever voted no in that poll needs to have a serious look at themselves.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neutrino View Post
    whoever voted no in that poll needs to have a serious look at themselves.

blobbyblob, Bring Back Mick, Carlin, d f x-, Donal81, gspain, harps1954, osarusan, superfrank, tawdy-morssey, Terry, viking

Need I say anymore!
    gspain and Terry are the only ones that surprise me.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    coward

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Delaney's on Today FM sometime after the news, along with Bobby Robson. Should be interesting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Delaney is a fcuking clown

"The positives of last nights game is that we secured another three points and moved up to 3rd in EURO 2008 Group D table but i can understand the frustration of the fans. Stephen Staunton and his management team have a job to do through to the World Cup Qualifying campaign in 2010 and have got the full support of the association as they do so. We now have to focus on the two important home games against Wales and Slovakia next month and I hope that everyone will get behind Stephen and the squad for these matches."

What planet does he live on ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The Delaney Out Banner

Small point, but on drivetime last night JD blamed the banner on Dundalk fans, like it was a little local issue and not related to his overall vanity and incompetence - just to set the record straight, it originated in Phibsboro' and a man with a fair track record of getting rid of incompetent managers was involved..

The NBB in the corner of the banner should be a clue
    A patriot is someone who knows how to hate his country properly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Its a sad state of affairs that you can only exercise your right to free speech by displaying such banners outside Ireland.

A similar banner from was pulled down within 10 seconds of being put up by FAI heavies in Lansdowne at the San Marino home game, which was the latest in a long line of attempts to suppress and intimidate fans.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofstan View Post
    Small point, but on drivetime last night JD blamed the banner on Dundalk fans, like it was a little local issue and not related to his overall vanity and incompetence - just to set the record straight, it originated in Phibsboro' and a man with a fair track record of getting rid of incompetent managers was involved..

I hope you have e-mailed Des to let him know

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    hats off to the bohs fans - that banner undid a few hundred thousand euro worth of PR damage limitation by The Laney and his henchmen

a bed sheet and a lick o' black paint is mightier than the PR guru

picked up by both broadsheets

Pats are the undisputed kings of irish football banners and even we doff our collective caps to such a direct hit on the forces of darkness

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gspain View Post
    Kerr had to go. That is a red herring. Yes he was a far better manager than Stan but he had lost the dressingroom and we were poor at the end.

I think Delaney has done a good job in running the F.A.I. and apart from one appalling lack of judgement (Stan) will ocntinue to do so. We haven't had a better CEO. I trust the mistake will be rectified and a manager with a proven track record of success will be appointed.

Stan is a very very wealthy man through football and property. Surely he is smart enough to know that he is (and has been) so far out of his depth that it is embarrassing. Football is a funny game but it is not that funny and we will almost certainly lose tonight. He should then do the decent thing and resign. If he hangs around for his payoff then he should be sacked and he should be bloody well made to earn the payoff by the fans and media through abuse.

If Delaney really does think that Stan is capable of managing a football team then I voted the wrong way.

I agree with almost all of this (except about Kerr going - he was and is a fine manager). I think the Shels debacle and the loss of Dublin City is a symptom of the way the league has been badly run for too long. The new structure has potential but there will be problems putting in place. The developments in the eL IMO are the most positive ones in a long long time. Some clubs will not be able for it (as mine wasn't) but the league is stronger for taking these hard pills now. Stan should definitely go - Delaney is suffering IMO not from appointing him (which is a an FAI decision) but from denying that there is an ongoing problem. He was not behind the door in showing Kerr had lost his support - the same should be the case for Stan.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I’d like to refresh people’s memories on brian kerr. Kerr is without doubt a consummate pro, however his over the top methods regarding training (videos and player comparisons in particular did not go down well with the squad) and his ultra conservatism in refusing to blood new players resulted in vital matches being lost as well as public confidence.

I know that this was my main concern with kerr (giving aidan mcgeady 1 minute at the end of friendlies and playing first choice teams for friendlies) and I do feel that to get a full campaign is a fair crack at the whip. He made a fatal error at home to Israel which effectively cost us a play off spot.

San Marino was an appaling performance but our performances against Switzerland away 0-2 in a game we had to win, in my mind, was equally appaling, given that he sent a team out that HAD to win, to play a brand of conservative and holding football where we didn’t create a single decent chance in 90 minutes. It happened again against Israel and again against the swiss in landsdowne for the 0-0.

We had to win that game to get a qualification spot. Again the performance was abysmal. Some people have short memories. Kerr was terrific with the media and a gent, and his statistical knowledge cannot be questioned, however he too failed to get the most out of the players and I for one had seen enough but wished him well.

If he is such a great manager though why has he not found another job? Maybe he’s not looking?
    I

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofstan View Post

Does that count as a display?

Fair play, even if it took a crazed Bohs steward to do it. The olé olérs were too busy adjusting their Elvis wigs/jester hats/bishops mitre etc.

KOH
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by as_i_say View Post
    I’d like to refresh people’s memories on brian kerr. etc ................?
    Spot on As I say, he lost me when he said we we unlucky when we conceded the last minute equaliser to Israel away. We were not. A draw was the minimum Israel deserved. We were awfull especially after taking the lead early on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by co. down green View Post
    Delaney is a fcuking clown

"The positives of last nights game is that we secured another three points and moved up to 3rd in EURO 2008 Group D table but i can understand the frustration of the fans. Stephen Staunton and his management team have a job to do through to the World Cup Qualifying campaign in 2010 and have got the full support of the association as they do so. We now have to focus on the two important home games against Wales and Slovakia next month and I hope that everyone will get behind Stephen and the squad for these matches."

What planet does he live on ?
    Not very artistic but I done it on MS Paint
    Last edited by gustavo; 09/02/2007 at 12:21 PM.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo View Post
    Good one!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreRovers View Post
    The olé olérs were too busy adjusting their Elvis wigs/jester hats/bishops mitre etc.
    You left out the ubiquitous Leprechaun costumes.

The wearing of which, if I were in charge of the country, would lead to an automatic and permanent surrendering of the offenders passport and a life of penal servitude in an Irish gulag (such as Leitrim), all the while dressed in said offending garment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreRovers View Post
    a crazed Bohs steward to do it.
    He'll like that..

on another point - and because i don't know clever HTML things like how to quote two separate posts - I emailed Des Cahill about Delaney's misinfo. as per monutdfc above
    A patriot is someone who knows how to hate his country properly.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo View Post
    Very good

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Send an email to delaney with all the quotes from this tread maybe then he will get the message
    Pull my finger!!!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast