Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

View Poll Results: Should John Delaney be fired?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

111 90.24%
  • No

12 9.76%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The John Delaney Discussion thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    I agree, Delaney has his part to play in this too. I think it was Tommy Docherty who said that any chairman who sacks a manager he himself appointed should resign at the same time.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    In fairness neither Stan nor Delaney let the ball doink off their head to give the Cypriots an easy goal, or put in a park football tackle in the box to give away a needless penalty. Andy O'Brien on the other hand did both. Paddy Kenny also gave a goal away.

Ultimately we had 14 highly paid professional footballers representing our country who could not summon the collective nous to beat one of the weakest teams in Europe.

Yes, the management of the FAI and the Ireland team itself may be all wrong, but the players are the most culpable for this defeat.
    www.WalkTheChalk.com - Stats, Opinion & Bluster on Irish Club Football

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by el punter View Post
    Yes, the management of the FAI and the Ireland team itself may be all wrong, but the players are the most culpable for this defeat.
    If I knew they were the best 11 available then I'd agree but its stans fault he has the players he has playing.

We should not have been in a position where Ireland was playing or where Clinton was playing.

Its Stans fault and Delaneys fault for appointing him.
    John Delaney!! GET OUT!!!
    www.ssdg.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by el punter View Post
    In fairness neither Stan nor Delaney let the ball doink off their head to give the Cypriots an easy goal, or put in a park football tackle in the box to give away a needless penalty. Andy O'Brien on the other hand did both. Paddy Kenny also gave a goal away.

Ultimately we had 14 highly paid professional footballers representing our country who could not summon the collective nous to beat one of the weakest teams in Europe.

The manager is wholly responsible for defensive organistation...
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,694 Posts
    Of corse Delaney should go. But he deserved the axe long before tonight, and it's got nothing to do with his deecision not to renew Kerr's contract.

Yes, players made mistakes but despite individual errors we came up well short. Losing 5-2 is a lot better than a waxy crappy result that ends up in us finishing 4th again.

We are not up to the standard required. Why?

There's no easy answer but I think every one of us be it wig-wearing ole ole fan, EPL / SPL armchair regular, eL hardcore, local or national politician or whatever has to look at himself tonight and ask if he's part of the problem.

Funnily enough, the domestic league's status is rising while the national team's fortunes plummets. I'm no eL fundamentalist but I am a proud Irishman. We can hold our own & even excel in all walks of life if we put our minds to it. It looks to me that the future of Irish football would be best served if the Irish actually had more input into it. Where exactly is the alignment of interest beteen the British club system and our national fortunes?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    Funnily enough, the domestic league's status is rising while the national team's fortunes plummets. I'm no eL fundamentalist but I am a proud Irishman. We can hold our own & even excel in all walks of life if we put our minds to it. It looks to me that the future of Irish football would be best served if the Irish actually had more input into it.
    National team - 25th in europe
    eL ranking - 35th in europe.

The eL had bad couple of years 4-5 years ago so with even modest couple of years ahead will be in the top 30 soon. This with effectively little or no FAI support. Top 20 is achieveable with a bit of FAI & public support.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

John Delaney Murdered Irish Football!

John Delaney has managed to set Irish football back 100 years in a matter of months. The Waterford man must have an agenda to destroy the game from within. He didn't want Brian Kerr as the manager from the very start, so he did everything in his power to have him removed. Then he hired Staunton. He is single handedly to blame for the greatest national shame since Michelle Smith.
    There's no point getting rid of Staunton unless we get rid of Delaney too.
    Limassol v Cork City FC in Nicosia had a bigger crowd than that game last night. Last year, there were 14,000 Irish in that stadium. We'll end up playing in half empty stadiums, like Wales, if John Delaney is allowed to continue!
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    is it something to do with the fact that the said person is from "Wahherfurr".

Give over your obesession with Delaney. He is not the cause of our current malaise. Its due to 30 years of neglect.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I blame the parents.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Partizan View Post
    is it something to do with the fact that the said person is from "Wahherfurr".

Give over your obesession with Delaney. He is not the cause of our current malaise. Its due to 30 years of neglect.
    The fact that I despise people from Waterford and Louth is secondary to the pain I feel due to the damage Delaney and Staunton are doing to the game I love. You can remain loyal to your fellow county man but don't dare try to defend him to me. I shudder to think of the damage he could do to the eircom League.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peadar View Post
    The fact that I despise people from Waterford and Louth .
    Good God Almighty... I thought all that crap was done & dusted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    wouldnt be that hard on Delaney...he did support the Super Draw in the the Showgrounds.....ok,maybe you are right.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peadar View Post
    The fact that I despise people from Waterford and Louth is secondary to the pain I feel due to the damage Delaney and Staunton are doing to the game I love. You can remain loyal to your fellow county man but don't dare try to defend him to me. I shudder to think of the damage he could do to the eircom League.
    Now, now a bit of objectivity please. Waterford people are human too (allegedly). But Delaney and his cronies were of course completely at fault for last night's fiasco.

We're ****ed. I'm off to search for Scottish ancestors.
    When Johnny goes marching down the wing...HURRAH! HURRAH!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Delaney out now before he can do any more damage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Delaney Poll

Can a mod please put up a poll for the following.

Should John Delaney be fired?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    You may as well add a poll to see if people on here think the world is round.

Course he should be fired and of course everyone thinks so.

Exercise in futility.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    780 Posts
    I don't know what either Delaney's or Staunton's salaries are. But I suspect they're both on a pretty penny and have good contracts. COnsequently if they're both fired I reckon it may cost the FAI immediately maybe 1.5 million in compensation. That doesn't include the cost of offloading the various other hangers on, including Robson.

How much will that leave to recruit a decent new manager? Little or nothing I suspect.

We're up the swanny without a paddle I am afraid. Damed if we do and damned if we don't.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan View Post
    I don't know what either Delaney's or Staunton's salaries are. But I suspect they're both on a pretty penny and have good contracts. COnsequently if they're both fired I reckon it may cost the FAI immediately maybe 1.5 million in compensation. That doesn't include the cost of offloading the various other hangers on, including Robson.

How much will that leave to recruit a decent new manager? Little or nothing I suspect.

We're up the swanny without a paddle I am afraid. Damed if we do and damned if we don't.
    Hpw much will he cost us in lost revenue if things continue they way they are?
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    780 Posts
    That's the obvious reply but my point was we won't be able to afford anyone better.

It's a disaster but those who call for heads to roll have to realise the price of heads, like that of houses, is very expensive.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,694 Posts
    If I remember right Staunton is on about EUR 400k a year, Robson about half that. Peanuts compared to what Robson is used to, but I doubt money was his motivation. Kerr earned EUR 450k.

No idea what Delaney earns. Is it a full time job for him? Isn't he a solicitor or something like that anyway?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast