Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dalglish taking over from Robson?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    Great choices... but neither can speak english... hmmmm suspect both are top of Delanet's list !!
    Neither can dalglish!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Lord View Post
    Bringing in Dalglish would be a joke and only shows that the FAI simply haven't a clue about the game. All he'll do is improve his swing. He has nothing to offer Irish football.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Who is making the appointment??

I have no problems with Dalglish or Curblishley coming in to fill the role that Robson had. However, I do have one problem with it. Who is making the appointment? Is Staunton calling the shots? Is Delaney/FAI making the appointment over Staunton's head?

If Delaney/FAI are making the appointment, they are undermining Staunton. How does that make Staunton feel?

I said it before in an earlier post, I would have no problem with Dalglish coming in. I wouldn't have a problem with Curblishley coming in either. But if it is not what Staunton wants, then the FAI have two options. They either stick with Staunton and forget about his babysitter or they sack Staunton and appoint Dalglish/Curbishley/AN Other to the Manager's position.

Imagine if you were Manager and the FAI told you that they were going to bring in someone to watch over you, give you advice, etc. The FAI would basically be telling you that they are not confident you could do the job on your own. If it is Staunton who wants the guy in the stand, fair enough. If not, the FAI should forget about it or appoint someone to the Manager's job who they trust to do the job!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Curbishley would be a good appointment if the idea was that he would provide the tactical experience. How the 2 would work together I dont know.

Nothing that has happened ove the last week would make me woried if Kevin McDonald were to leave though!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123