Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dalglish taking over from Robson?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Dalglish taking over from Robson?

I knew Delaney was up to something and stated so 2 days ago. And this is purely to cover himself.
    Last edited by Noelys Guitar; 08/10/2006 at 8:55 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What's your source

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    I meant to put a queston mark after the title. I don't believe Daglish will come on board as a "consultant"! And he would want a few more Euros than the FAI offered Robson. Can't see it happening and he would'nt be my choice. We are in a quagmire of Delaneys making. He needs to go. Stan needs to be paid off (as little as possible)Half empty stadiums and loss of endorsements would cost more. I would bring in Kinnear or Curbishley. Anyone hoping for a football revolution should not hold their breath. We need stability. A manager who understands tactics and getting the best out of what we have. The basics please.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Kenny Dalglish

It appears that Daglish may be brought in to steady the ship so to speak. http://www.eleven-a-side.com/euro200...p?newsid=24821

Not a terrible decision but it will only work if Daglish is given complete control. Put another way, Staunton has to be fired before Daglish can take over. Having two managers just doesn't work and Daglish should not have to play second fiddle to Staunton. I think Daglish would shore things up and wouldn't have an ego about players (i.e. Carlsley).

Thoughts?
    There is no such thing as a miracle cure, a free lunch or a humble opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Trying to keep Kenny off the golf course will be the biggest problem

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    The dalglish stroke looks inspired by Delvin. They have good contacts from what I understand. So it's still Delaney and his cronies that are contriving our downfall. Dalglish won't be able to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. And by god is it a sow's ear.
    'And Crouch must score'

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergie's Son View Post
    It appears that Daglish may be brought in to steady the ship so to speak. http://www.eleven-a-side.com/euro200...p?newsid=24821

Not a terrible decision but it will only work if Daglish is given complete control. Put another way, Staunton has to be fired before Daglish can take over. Having two managers just doesn't work and Daglish should not have to play second fiddle to Staunton. I think Daglish would shore things up and wouldn't have an ego about players (i.e. Carlsley).

Thoughts?
    if delaney thinks bringing kenny in to replace robson in the same role he will have made the same mistake twice...i can see it happening though....

i can also see a linching and a purging....
    Last edited by onenilgameover; 09/10/2006 at 4:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Reckon Kenny could make a real difference but I'd rather he was stans replacement rather than mentor
    cant believe the negativity of people on here about him. the man is a legend
    was class at Liverpool and Won the premiership at a minnow club (blackburn)
    newcastle weren't great under him but I think international management would suit him. I've always been amazed that he's not managed Scotland

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Well which is why I think Stan has to go.

Daglish would be a steadying influence and wouldn't take crap from any player. He would be a good transitional manager at least for the remainder of our so called Euro campaign.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Block G Raptor View Post
    was class at Liverpool and Won the premiership at a minnow club (blackburn)
    He ingherited an already great side at Liverpool and I'll just say Jack Walker about Blackburn.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    By getting Dalglish is Delany admiting Staunton needs help to dig himself out of the S*** pit he's in ....... why keep wasting all this money? can't we just get rid of Delany and Staunton and forget about Dalglish, and look out for a GOOD manager with a direction, who will shake all those senior players up and give them the kick up the A*** they need.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roverstillidie View Post
    when did he do these things?

what was his last management job and how did that end?

he is unemployed for a reason.....
    He is unemployed for the same reason Martin O'Neill was unemployed for quite a long time. because unlike Bill Shankley Kenny knows that football is not more important than life and death and is spending time with his wife who is recovering from Breast Cancer
    he is also currently involved in fund raising for the Marina Dalglish foundation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeNiro View Post
    The dalglish stroke looks inspired by Delvin. They have good contacts from what I understand. So it's still Delaney and his cronies that are contriving our downfall. Dalglish won't be able to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. And by god is it a sow's ear.
    Well spotted. Dalglish and Devo struck up a friendship over Devlin selling Graham Coughlin to Blackburn. It's come in handy over the years like when he got Celtic over to face Bray during Celtic's disasterous and short lived John Barnes/Kenny Dalglish era. I think that's Dalglish's last job in management and it went terribly. There's no reason to suggest he could help Stan any better than he could help Barnes and as DeNiro pointed out, it's got cronyism and old pals act written all over it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I don't know whether Dalglish would take it. After what happened in a similar role at Celtic he'd be risking his managerial career by taking this.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Do you think he has still ambitions to manage at a high enough level?

reder
    I would bring in Kinnear or Curbishley.
    LMAO. You must be mad, like Curbishley is gonna take this job, he is a young man and I think he may be a little too costly for FAI purse strings. Kinnear would cost an arm and a leg too. He has been out of management for a good while and is probably looking for a gig with a large salary. Also given that he isnt shy to speak his mind, I dont think the FAI and him would get on to well.

King kenny is porbably the best option at this stage but I dont think he will come to play 2nd. Given that his wife is recovering from cancer and that he is very active with the charity I doubt he will be willing and able to take on the job cos this is a massive job. Whoever comes in has a mountain of work to do.

Did kenny ever manage Celtic or was he just director of football?? The 2 roles are a million miles apart in a club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    keep clear of Kinnear - he was a shambles at Forest after an initial decent start.

Kenny would be the last straw for me personally - I just don't think I can take another chump as a manager. This is another backward step - Kenny bless him had a brilliant set up at Liverpool and money to burn at Blackburn. I could have won the league with his resources.....

I don't expect us to go out and get Guus Hiddink or Mourinho but a decent name with international /Champions League/Uefa cup experience in the last 5 or 6 years. Curbishley hasn't got that but I'd definitely take him, somehow I son't think he'd be interested in Robbie Keane moaning. If we could steal L Sanchez from N Ireland I'd grab him with both hands. That is how desperate the situation is.
    "If God had meant football to be played in the air, he'd have put grass in the sky." Brian Clough.

You'll NEVER beat the Irish.......you'll just draw with us instead!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reder View Post
    LMAO. I doubt he [Dalglish] will be willing and able to take on the job cos this is a massive job. Whoever comes in has a mountain of work to do.
    Hardly. It's actually a part-time job, requiring 10 to 12 weeks a year, max, thereby leaving Kenny plenty of time for his golf. After all, if Klinnsmann could manage Germany to the WC semi-finals from 6,000 miles away in California, and Hiddinck could manage Australia on a part-time basis, there's no reason why Dalglish couldn't do the same for ROI from his home in England. Why, even 90% of his players play there! Don't know whether he'd be any good, mind. Maybe? Maybe not?

And as for Shakermaker's suggestion of luring Sanchez, you have two hopes of that - Bob and No! Ever since he took the NI job, he has never hidden his desire to return to full-time management in England. And although he has pledged to see out the remaining 18 months of his Contract, he hasn't precluded doing so in addition to managing any England club which would sanction such an arrangement. Indeed, it was Sanchez who described managing NI as being part-time. I don't see the ROI as being that much bigger. You have better players than NI, for a start.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Daglish did well with Walker's money but he also bought well. Blackburn weren't a Chelsea where they could buy anyone and everyone. He still had to be selective. Fact remains, he won the Premiership which is light years away from anything Staunton has done.

Daglish to get things back in order then a new manager for the WC.

Staunton should resign now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast