Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Three Cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'll give you an example - many people claim to support Leeds here in Wales.Also, they support Cardiff, because they are glory hunters.They are not real fans, as you cannot support two teams in the same division that are massive rivals!
    Last edited by Soper; 11/10/2006 at 4:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Good. At least you cleared that up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soper View Post
    I'll give you an example - many people claim to support Leeds here in Wales.Also, they support Cardiff, because they are glory hunters.They are not real fans, as you cannot support two teams in the same division that are massive rivals!
    Ill admit that its strange claiming you support two teams in the one division but I wouldnt say you cant. Anyway if you support a Championship club then you can hardly call someone a Glory Hunter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well, I support Sligo Rovers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Sorry I meant to say if somebody supports a Championship club then you cant really call them a glory Hunter.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    How can you support a team if you don't go to games?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    No, national teams don't count.

Those leeds fans who go to every game are better fans than those who don't.
    So which games are you talking about, if notnational games or el games?

Quote Originally Posted by northside hoop View Post
    Can you be a fisherman if you've never went fishing?
    No, but fishing is an activity which doesnt really engender passionate feelings towards something which symbolises your nation.

I dont think that the person who watches an Ireland game from their armchair is less pure than one watching from the stands.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    So which games are you talking about, if notnational games or el games?
    Not neccessarily el games. Club games. If somebody doesn't go to watch real Madrid play, they're not a real madrid supporter. if they don't go to watch Wrexham play they're not a wrexham supporter etc etc.

The only get out clause is they used to go to games but can't physically get to the games now
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by galwayhoop View Post
    ok so let me get this straight:

eL players are failures who have failed to make it and junior players are going to improve the standard of the national team!

open the doors and let this man loose!!!!
    Typical "educated" el supporter who goes on the deffensive and views football with the blinkers on. My posts have nothing to do with the standard of EL or junior players and improving the national team. Its a response to those big headed, snobbish EL people who think they own the game in this country and have the right to tell everyone else how to be proper supporters. My point is that people in junior football put as much if not more into the game than people who go and watch EL matches. The money you spend on travelling to matches etc is nothing compared to the efforts of Schoolboy and junior clubmen/women and children up and down the country. If these people want to have a good day out at an International match so what. Dont be so arrogant and mis informed as to think you can tell them how to dress or behave.
    you are only a loser when you stop trying. Playing sport does not build character, it reveals it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by papa-j View Post
    Typical "educated" el supporter who goes on the deffensive and views football with the blinkers on. My posts have nothing to do with the standard of EL or junior players and improving the national team. Its a response to those big headed, snobbish EL people who think they own the game in this country and have the right to tell everyone else how to be proper supporters. My point is that people in junior football put as much if not more into the game than people who go and watch EL matches. The money you spend on travelling to matches etc is nothing compared to the efforts of Schoolboy and junior clubmen/women and children up and down the country. If these people want to have a good day out at an International match so what. Dont be so arrogant and mis informed as to think you can tell them how to dress or behave.
    i think if you "educated" yourself by reading my previous posts you actually might find that i have not attempted to tell anyone on this forum how to dress or behave! save your attacks for those who warrent it. arrogant and misinformed indeed

as an active junior clubman and also an eL supporter i fell that i am more than entitled to my opinion in this discussion. just because you are obviously involved in junior football dosen't give you any moral high ground, the fact is that the eL is going to be where more and more of the elite footballers in this country are going to come from in the future.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789