Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Three Cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Yeah cause shelbourne have done so much for Irish Football. Ollie Byrne on a one man mission to turn the league into a farce. he spends more time in the courts then at football games. if following shelbourne is your idea of a real Irish football fan you can keep it.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anto McC View Post
    The following is a post taken from the Reds Independent forum. It is by a poster called Lord Summerisle and is possible the best post i have ever read on a football forum,it's certainly the best post i've read,on any website,since the game on Saturday night. This certainly seems like the best thread to post it in
    Anto, I guess you dont read very much.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    And i guess you're one of the Lepregoons talked about?

Billthoughts,you bitter little man,what has Ollie got to do with anything?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Why would I be a bitter little man?
    Your going on about some shels fan saying how great it is we got hammered as the people who support Ireland are nothing to do with Irish Football when someone associated with Shels does more damage to the leagues image in this country than anyone in a leprechaun suit. Its a fair point to make as far as I am concerned. he was all set to throw in his lot with some north european league when it was mentioned a few years ago. so am I supposed to bow to your superiority as a supporter cause ya follow shelbourne? If there is a football club equivalent of wearing a leprechaun suit its ollie byrnes shelbourne.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    It's funny to hear an earlier poster berate fans for wearing Celtic or manyoo jerseys and then proudly tells us he wears his Eircom league jersey.
    You're at an Ireland match bud not the EL. The only jersey anyone should wear is the green of Ireland.
    Also the idea that if someone puts on a wig or brings a bit of colour to the match means they know nothing about football is bull****.
    What would you rather see on the terraces a bunch of grim faced ******* bitching about everything that's wrong with irish football or a few lads with flags, wigs and whatever else creating a good atmosphere in the stands?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DotTV View Post
    It's funny to hear an earlier poster berate fans for wearing Celtic or manyoo jerseys and then proudly tells us he wears his Eircom league jersey.
    You're at an Ireland match bud not the EL. The only jersey anyone should wear is the green of Ireland.
    Also the idea that if someone puts on a wig or brings a bit of colour to the match means they know nothing about football is bull****.
    What would you rather see on the terraces a bunch of grim faced ******* bitching about everything that's wrong with irish football or a few lads with flags, wigs and whatever else creating a good atmosphere in the stands?

wigs dont create an atmosphere

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    you obviously have never seen telly bingo...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Of course wigs don't create an atmosphere but the combination of headgear, flags, same colour jerseys etc all add to the occasion.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Interesting thoughts from the lord there and agree with most of it. However dontlike to see my country beaten for any reason. Also Tribites was a chip shop and he is a Galway United fan.

Dottv you are missing the point. Wearing an EL jersey at Ireland games, which I always do, means you support that club. Wearing an english club jersey at an Ireland game means you are a complete and utter muppet who knows nothing about the game.

Leprechaun suits and wigs and inflatable hammers are for saddos who only want to be photgraphed or to wave at the cameras.

BTW davy keogh should be put down.

KOH
    Last edited by NY Hoop; 10/10/2006 at 12:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    What people wear has got nothing to do with the major issues of Irish football. If only the problmes could be solved by changing what the Irish football fan wears. I agree a strong league should produce a stronger international team but its funny that as the EL is getting stronger and stronger the national team is getting weaker and weaker. In my view there are people who dont have a clue who go to the games in LR but there are also people who dont have a clue who go week in week out to EL games or EPL games.

What Ireland needs is a strong league that produces players for the national team. If some of these players become exceptional talents and they move abroad at 21 or 23 and play in a foreign country I dont think anybody would bear any grudge the the player or the system that produced them. But I think our players remaining longer in Ireland with proper coaching structures rather than going to England at an early age only to be thrown on the footballing scrap heap at 19 is not the way forward. Some of our best ever players remained in Ireland until late on i.e. Roy Keane and Paul Mc Grath. For clubs to keep the players until they are 21 -23, they need people going in week in week out and supporting their team. They also need a strong Football Association who knows how to organise and market the league properly. In addition they need to support clubs setting up academys and set up their own football acadmey also so that the best players can get top class coaching here in Ireland.

All this looking down on fans for what they wear to a game does not solve any of the problems of Irish football and it is just a way for people to behave in a superior fashion to others (pardon the pun)
    Last edited by NeilMcD; 10/10/2006 at 12:12 PM.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    what the hell did michael o'leary ever do wrong on you anto???
    or for that matter davey keogh - at most (possibly all) matches for as long as i can remember!

personally i don't agree with writing on the tri-colour but each to his own and it certainly won't have me cheering for cyprus against ireland or any other team for that matter.

to say that it's the best post you've read is shocking. i know you didn't write it but you seem to agree with it fairly strongly. there are enough muppets going to games in their grey suits so why not let the odd lad (most definately not me) go in his paddywhackery, green wig or leprechaun suit. each to his bloddy own and lets stop looking down our noses at each other on the back of one bad result! horrendous as it may be!

oh and by the way try-bytes isn't a pub for all of your knowledge!!!

............... it's a chipper

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    further more without some of the green wig brigade how many ~TRUE SHELS fans would of been in Landsdowne for yer european adventure. i'm surprised ye even have enough fans to submit a post never mind have a thread or a forum!!!

for a shelbourne supporter to comment on how anyone should support any team is laughable considering how large (cough, cough) yer support is even after all of yer success

Formerly: wild rover
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DotTV View Post
    Of course wigs don't create an atmosphere but the combination of headgear, flags, same colour jerseys etc all add to the occasion.

thats an outrageous claim....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anto McC View Post
    The following is a post taken from the Reds Independent forum. It is by a poster called Lord Summerisle and is possible the best post i have ever read on a football forum,it's certainly the best post i've read,on any website,since the game on Saturday night. This certainly seems like the best thread to post it in
    It's certainly full of paranoia, I know that. A Shels fan was beaten just for wearing a Shels jersey while supporting Ireland? Don't give me that bull. Shels v Lille ticket info was booed at an Ireland match? Eh, why? It certainly the first time I heard anything of that. If it actually was the case then it was certainly fans of other EL clubs.

You should read this forum more often as you'd be suprised as to how many actual knowledgable fans we have. I couldn't care less if they support Shels, Cork, Celtic, Man Utd or Boca Juniors as long as they support Ireland. The vast majority that post here are Ireland supporters so if you want to have a rant about event junkies and Celtic supporters then you're in the wrong place.

I find the Irish people that don't support Ireland are just not very patriotic. That's fair enough.

What would you do if Shels got €100m pumped into them, became really succesful and started to attract 20,000 regularly? There may be only 2,000 "real fans" in the stadium but so what? Will you stop supporting them?
    Last edited by eirebhoy; 10/10/2006 at 12:26 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Hoop View Post
    Interesting thoughts from the lord there and agree with most of it. However dontlike to see my country beaten for any reason. Also Tribites was a chip shop and he is a Galway United fan.

Dottv you are missing the point. Wearing an EL jersey at Ireland games, which I always do, means you support that club. Wearing an english club jersey at an Ireland game means you are a complete and utter muppet who knows nothing about the game.
    Leprechaun suits and wigs and inflatable hammers are for saddos who only want to be photgraphed or to wave at the cameras.

BTW davy keogh should be put down.

KOH
    You're missing my point.You're there to support Ireland so thats the only jersey to wear.I've seen plenty of lads on away trips wear their EL jerseys the day before match day and I think thats the way to go.
    I'd agree with you about the English club jerseys though

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Billsthoughts View Post
    If there is a football club equivalent of wearing a leprechaun suit its ollie byrnes shelbourne.
    What in the name of jaysus are you talking about!!

I agree with that post almost 100% and i must add a lot of you are missing the point!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    we arent missing the point. we just wont be talked down to by the likes of yourself.
    oh and btw the incessant arse licking of billy lord on this thread is making me vomit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Mr Billy Lord to you
    He knows what hes talking about
    Champions 2010
    Champions 2011
    Dick Brush 1 Sligo 0
    Bohs are going bust.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy View Post
    A Shels fan was beaten just for wearing a Shels jersey while supporting Ireland?
    http://www.redsindependent.com/forum...ighlight=#5413

Read the first post in that thread, I doubt very much if he would make it up!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    well if he was "true" hardcore he would have had them...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast