Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Team For The Czech Republic Game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well there is some slight brightside to all of this that McShane is getting his international debut so we should see some pride and passion fromthe lad, the same goes for Kelly who is getting a rare chance and same for Henderson.

I would play carsley and Quinn in the centre, Duff on the left, Douglas on the right and Andy Reid playing behind Keane up top. We should keep the ball on the ground and pass it instead of hoofing the ball and we could actually give thema bit of a game.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Kilbane may work better with Carsley given their familiarity from playing with Everton.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up Denis Irwin to make comeback

Irwin was magic the other night in The Match ..why not bring him back for one game..still fit as a fiddle never stopped for 90 mins ..Also some good lads in League of Ireland..Sean Dillon anywhere across the back four..!!
    Here's my 11.. :
    1 Henderson
    2 Irwin
    3 Finnan
    4 McShane
    5 O'Shea..last resort
    6.Holland
    7.Reid
    8.Carsley
    9.Alan O'Brien
    10.Rob Keane
    11.Duff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elroy View Post
    If we can start well and maybe even nick an early goal it would give the team and crowd a great lift.
    like the early goal on saturday??

i hope your right elroy but as you said yourself its hard to be optimistic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    it is very hard to be positive alright but the only thing is the likes of kelly, henderson, mcshane etc will get some good experience and even though this qualifying campaign is all but over these are better games for these lads to play in than friendlies

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Is Henderson definately starting?? He's not been playing regular for Brighton this season. Think there was some kind of fall out there.

Given the circumstances I don't think Staunton can be held too accountable for tomorrows result. BUT it shouldn't absolve him from the previous four games. There needs to be some sort of press conference or maybe an interview with a decent journalist where he sets everything out in stone so we as fans (and probbly even some of his players) see his intentions and maybe answer some questions, even if we don't agree the answers. As it stands he looks clueless. These broad non commital statements like "We're planning for the future" just isn't good enough.

My disrespect for Delaney is now turing to outright loathing. What a coward. At least have the courage of you convictions and stand shoulder to shoulder with the man.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_peepee View Post
    Given the circumstances I don't think Staunton can be held too accountable for tomorrows result.

These broad non commital statements like "We're planning for the future" just isn't good enough.

My disrespect for Delaney is now turing to outright loathing. What a coward. At least have the courage of you convictions and stand shoulder to shoulder with the man.
    Agree, the injuries render tomorrow's game meaningless in assessing the manager's merits.

The planning for the future excuse doesn't stack up. He's picked experienced internationals in both competitive games so far.

Delaney is a snake.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    I've changed my prediction in light of the recent injuries:

-----------Colgan------------
    Finnan---McShane--O'Shea--Kelly

Duff---Carsley---Douglas----Kilbane

------Keane----Morrison------

Hopefully Doyle is healthy enough to start for Morrison.

I also feel that Andy Reid may get the start over Douglas, but I'd rather Douglas get the nod due to superior fitness/form.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I'd definitely start with Colgan on Wednesday.

It isn't fair on Henderson to throw him into the bear pit, when we were highly likely to be on the end of a drubbing. He turns 22 on Monday, which is very young for a goalkeeper at this level. He also hasn't played that many minutes for us.

Colgan should play as he has proved to be a sound shot stopper in the past and I cannot recall him letting us down - despite being undoubtedly less quality than Shay. He has also been involved in the set up longer than Wayne Henderson, yet, should he have a shocker we are unlikely to be forced to play him ever again.

The biggest blessing of all is Paddy Kenny getting injured. He is one of my least favourite footballers of all time and it was a black day for me when he declared for Ireland.

Ade

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianovic View Post
    Colgan should play as he has proved to be a sound shot stopper in the past and I cannot recall him letting us down - despite being undoubtedly less quality than Shay.
    I remember seeing the lad Colgan play for us at Charlton's stadium against Nigeria. He had a bit of a shocker then (we lost 3-0), think it was summer 2004... I would actually play the lad Devine in goal for us tonight, but I think its too late.

I've a hunch he'll go with Henderson, I've only seen glimpses of him, he look ok during half time v Germany in Stuttgart when he did a practice shot stopping session.

I hope it goes well but I fear a hammering.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,310 Posts
    I don't think Colgan was to blame for the result against Nigeria. The centre halves that day were Cunningham and Doherty, who have zero pace between them, and they were up against Martins and Ogbeche, who both have pace to burn. Cunningham and Doherty never played together again as a partnership. I remember Robbie Keane coming back into midfield to claim the ball, losing it and the player running the rest of the pitch to set up the third goal.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I see the Irish Times in their probable Czech team left out Cech or any goalie for that matter. The sympathy!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Team as many predicted except that Douglas is playing instead of Quinn.

The bench is Subs: Colgan, Morrison, A O'Brien, Quinn, Lee, Foley,
    St Ledger.

Ever seen a less intimidating bench???

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456