Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Premier Division 2007

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Premier Division 2007

If the decision on the teams was made now, would we be in it?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool

You won't get anyone to put money on either way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Football-wise, we can't complain at all if we are in the First Division next year.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    If Bray don't turn things around and you stay up then it's going to be one long season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    I know.

A lot of fans I talk to have radical ideas to stop the rot. Some of them are really abnnoyed about things but I really don't know what can be done to effectively make things better.
    Extratime.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    A relegation could be that radical solution. Relegation in 2003 allowed UCD to rebuild after the Doolin disaster and losing all our key players. In the comfort of the First Division we blooded in the likes of Quigley, Kenna, McWalter and Dicker and regained confidence. Teams have been known to turn to corner immiediately, but it's going to be so hard to rebuild in a competitive Premier Division.

Crowds and possibly ground could be the only difference between UCD and Bray if it down to us competing to stay up and you'd have the advantage. We'll see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs down

in all honesty Eddie Gormley needs to make wholesale clearances in the off season,there are a lot of players with no competition and they have go two comfortable. also st.josephs boys are a poor club!! they shouldn't be just signing there players if they can bearly hack it in ddsl.

Bray deserve to be relegated by far the worst team to watch
    I'd love to invent a time machine then go back in time and win the lottery, buy new players and a stadium. Time machines are brilliant aren't they- Ian Holloway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by One To Watch View Post
    in all honesty Eddie Gormley needs to make wholesale clearances in the off season,
    Code:
    there are a lot of players with no competition and they have go two comfortable
    . also st.josephs boys are a poor club!! they shouldn't be just signing there players if they can bearly hack it in ddsl.

Code:
    Bray deserve to be relegated by far the worst team to watch
    A lot of players with no competition - an oximoron if ever i heard one

have you regularly watched every team in the league - how do you quantify your statement?
    "I'm just a chilled out entertainer"

Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The main examples of players not been punished for mistakes that lsl players would make. they made mcgovern captain he is the worst centre half i've seen this year. Fox,tarzan and pip have had it too easy they not good enough anymore ship them out and bring in young lads to revive the club.The 3 i just mentioned and tresson are devo's sidekicks and this is reason they are still there. it is devo's view first and foremost and then the clubs. this is true!! favourtism has ruined the club
    I'd love to invent a time machine then go back in time and win the lottery, buy new players and a stadium. Time machines are brilliant aren't they- Ian Holloway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    The 3 i just mentioned and tresson are devo's sidekicks and this is reason they are still there. it is devo's view first and foremost and then the clubs. this is true!! favourtism has ruined the club
    What are you talking about, Colm Treeson is one of the finest footballers to ever wear a Bray jersey, has played in nearly every position, gives 100% and is no mean talent, he has made reprecentative apperances for the league

Devo is no longer the manager,
    "I'm just a chilled out entertainer"

Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Tresson was a fantastic player!!! he is now only a good player now as age has slowed him down,especially if gormley is putting him right mid. if you knew anything about the club you would know that devo has still got a major say in things as he is on the board of directors!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    How many POTY awards has he won?? 4? And probably another one this year. He is a brilliant, dedicated player, the only one who seems bothered anymore. And at his age, 35 I think, he is still one of the fittest players at the club and one of the fittest semi-pros in the League.

Getting rid of him would be a big mistake, he's the club captain FFS and he's earnt it over the years. Daz out, you must be mad??
    Extratime.ie

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Tresson was a fantastic player!!! he is now only a good player now as age has slowed him down,especially if gormley is putting him right mid. if you knew anything about the club you would know that devo has still got a major say in things as he is on the board of directors!!!
    Sorry to burst your little bubble there........... but Devo has no longer ANYTHING what so ever to do with Bray Wanderers Football Club. He has even stood down from his position on the board and as Director of Football. He no longer has a say in the club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Tresson can no longer have major impact in a game.living in the past is why the club is doing so poor, they need to look at the future.Because if it stays like this the club will go so far backwards,it will be a nearly impossible task to come back. i seen shamrock rovers and galway this year and they both are a lot better footballing teams than bray, and rovers have a very young side with one or two experienced players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    How are the club living in the past?
    Extratime.ie

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Don't think he actually means living in the past but that the club is far far to clicky ! for example, @ any other club Foxey would'nt be even making the bench at this stage but yet at out club he is still captian ! which is a fcuking joke ! totally lost his ability to do all the things he was great at - Tackle, header, score, command the midfield etc.... he has been one of our worst players this season. He is only in the team because of Friendship, the same goes for several more players as well.......

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Tresson still valuable and should try some of the young players around him. Could lose some as this is always the dangerous time for disillusioned young lads as the LSL transfer deadline approaches and teams like Wayside, Glenmore/Dundrum, Dalkey, Greystones and Workers come calling. They won't want some of club's more "experienced" players!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    One To Watch, if Bray Wanderers took your advice and got rid of Colm Tresson then the club would officially be insane, are you actually serious? I reckon he's a front runner for the POTY award the way he's playing. As for Tarzan `having it too easy`, he's barely started any games this season and one which I can remember him starting was the home game -v- Drogheda in which he played very well. And I suppose if you had your way he would'nt have come on as a sub in Drogheda when we were 1-0 down and therefor would'nt have created the opening which got us the draw?