Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Waterford United v Shelbourne

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Waterford United v Shelbourne

Poor game last night,Shelbourne not very impressive for a top of the table team but were better than us in 2nd half.We missed Cawley and McCarthy a lot up front.Are Gavin Doyle and Paul Hopkins still with the club does anyone know?Brosnan tries hard but is a limited player.Only consolation is that Bray got hammered again so go further behind us on goal difference!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trevy View Post
    Poor game last night,Shelbourne not very impressive for a top of the table team but were better than us in 2nd half.We missed Cawley and McCarthy a lot up front.Are Gavin Doyle and Paul Hopkins still with the club does anyone know?Brosnan tries hard but is a limited player.Only consolation is that Bray got hammered again so go further behind us on goal difference!
    As far as I know, Hopkins is essentially gone - injured to the end of the season, and I think that the management committee and he mutually ended the contract. I heard that Doyle wasn't even on the bench last night, so I reckon that he's off too.
    That question was less stupid, though you asked it in a profoundly stupid way.

Help me, Arthur Murphy, you're my only hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge
    I bow to no one. bar Bluebeard and Mr A

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Both Gavin Doyle and that Hopkins chap have been released by mutual consent , Fact..!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    164 Posts
    I hadn't heard anything definite about them, but presumed we wouldn't see either again. That said, I thought the same about Darren Young, but he was on the bench on Friday. Fraher and Conroy haven't made the bench either in the last 3 or 4 games. Are they gone too? Not much point in having Conroy when Spicer is doing well and Dunphy can act as cover. I really hope Hawkins is re-signed for next season when he recovers from injury. He's local (Wexford) and was one of our only decent players up to his injury in June.