Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Grounds ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Question Grounds ?

Q1 Is the stand in Pearse Park actually Poll free, cos if it is evry club in the league should be knocking on the door of the builder since it looks reasonably cheap to build.

Q2 Forgot to ask this before but what is Michael Neary Park (on the left as you drive out to the ground) it looks better than Mullollogher did when I first went there.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The stand in Flancare has four polls which are situated roughly half way down the stand. The View is one of the better in the league. The St.Pats stand and the Richmond road are blighted by both support polls and the flood light polls which should have been incorporated with one another. IMO The Jodi stand is still the one to beat...

Which regard to Micheal Neary Park. A local Junior side play there... A nice compact pitch, and a grand little old stand... I have no idea who play there...

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts

Re: Grounds ?

Originally posted by TommyT
    Q1 Is the stand in Pearse Park actually Poll free
    Years since I was in their, and never went in the stand anyway ...... From memory though the actual covered part of the stand is sod all, and it must only be 20 or so rows deep, basically with nothing but a bank underneath...... IMHO the stand in pearse park doesn't compare favourable with many grounds that I've been to, poll free or not, and that's before we mention the rotting wooden benches that pass for the seating....
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Roofs/Rooves

I was there years ago aswell, the roof appears to be new. A cheap way of constructing Cantelivered roofs would be welcome in the League. To have polls in a stand as small as Kilkenny's is disgraceful. I've always felt that clubs should build good facilities that will be used rather than large (relative to the crowds) stands of poor quality that are going to be empty virtually all of the time. This isn't a dig at Longford since the progress there has been so rapid.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Wouldn't really take it as a dig - the stand is normally pretty full anyway and infact most games is a sell out (so many yes men, so few seats.... ) so I wouldn't agree that Longford is in anyway a case in point for that argument. Do agree though that there is no need for many of these clubs to build several large stands when they don't fill what they've got. In many ways De Town have the perfect set-up - 6000 seater ground, 1500 in the stand, the rest the whole way around the ground......
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.