Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Disappeared

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Disappeared

Is it just me or does it seem like, people who wanted and recieved tickets for Germany game, have disappeared from site???

Just a few that have not posted since!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by casso36 View Post
    Is it just me or does it seem like, people who wanted and recieved tickets for Germany game, have disappeared from site???

Don't worry ... they'll be back next year for the Slovakia, Czech Republic
    and possibly Wales game (depending on how the table is)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Maybe there's still alot of them scattered across the Schlossplatz.....or were carted off asleep inside the portaloos!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well i can tell you that the people i supplied tickets with for that game,
    have disappeared, so your probably right!! won't be caught like that again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Well i can tell you that the people i supplied tickets with for that game,
    have disappeared, so your probably right!! won't be caught like that again.
    Twas the same after the game in Paris from what I can remember

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    In fairness thats nothing new.

Unfortunately alot of these people can probably get tickets for the home games no problem whereas heres us with a waiting list as long as my arm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elroy View Post
    In fairness thats nothing new.

Unfortunately alot of these people can probably get tickets for the home games no problem whereas heres us with a waiting list as long as my arm.
    And i bet they won't be on here selling for face value if they have spares!!!

Just ****es me off!!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    And i bet they won't be on here selling for face value if they have spares!!!

Just ****es me off!!
    Join the club, unfortunately like the france game think ill be heading down on the night hoping for the best

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    firstly i must admit that i only heard about this site from thepeoplesflag.com about 2 weeks before the major media coverage - and thankfully got my eventim tickets for stuttgart.

however, i now feel that this is without doubt the most informative and best irish football website about. i am definately a signed up member!

but i think yer right - the place has a feel of the old tumbleweed to it since the match.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Some history for you boys.
    This forum began life as Phootball.com, the forum attached to CorkCityFC.com
    It was a forum dominated by Cork City FC fans and the odd rival, looking for banter. CorkCityFC.com became defunct but the forum continued and was renamed to Foot.ie and went "National."

It was still very much City fans frequenting the site but gradually other eL fans joined in. Then the National Team Section went crazy, with all the 2G's posting and people coming on looking for WC 2002 tickets etc. As time went on, many of the City fans moved back to the Official forum attached to CorkCityFC.ie and many new members to the forum were looking for info on the National team.

You still get a fair bit of eL banter, as it's a "neutral" forum now but not many new members sign up for that.
    The Boys in Green always attract a bandwagon and as long as there's people looking for Ireland tickets, there'll be people coming on here and disappearing again.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peadar View Post
    This forum began life as Phootball.com
    ... it was in black & white back then

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    ... it was in black & white back then
    It had subtitles too but maybe that's because no one could understand all the Cork accents.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I'm still here! I don't like posting at work in case I get into trouble, so I usually just browse, have a read and a laugh.

I got to around number 2 on the Germany waiting list, but unfortunately didn't get a ticket from here in the end. The list worked well for some people though, it was a good idea.
    Gimme dat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    I've an ironic story. I couldn't get a ticket from the FAI and none of my associates were able to pick up spares. So rather than travel with no ticket (Basle 03) I decided to get some off ebay. 3 of us went and I'd a spare. A €140 spare. There was no funking way was I prepared to loose €130 by offering it a face value on this website, nor did I want to be banned either.
    So headed over thinkin I'd recoup my money, feel no guilt and make somebody's day.
    Night before the match asked a few people (over the course of a few hours!) who were drinking in a general group if they were sorted and they were. Same craic morning of the game. We are at the bar of the tented boozer on the Schlossplatz (the one selling 6 hofbrau for €15) when some drunk ****** starts acting the boll*x with the young behind the bar. My mate tells him to cop on and pay her, the bloke starts with the verbals and fcuks a piece of paper at my mate and walks off. Picked up the paper and it was DFB ticket to the game. Couldn't believe it.
    Met up with a mate of mine mid afternoon whose FAI friend had dropped them in it by leaving them short the one ticket. The guy knew I'd a spare and said he'd relieve me of the ticket for €140. Explained the thrown ticket incident and said we'd give it to him for a round of hofbrau, that I'd sell my own spare on later. 1 hour before the game still had my spare and eventually sold it outside the ground for €50. The bloke I sold it too was so happy he hugged me. Didn't have the heart to ask him for over €100 (being drunk brought out the kind sap in me!), and was glad to be getting €50 rather than nothing.

P*ssed me off no end hearing all the whingers in the main square after the game saying they'd no tickets.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I was at Basel '04 and both myself and my mate had spare FAI tickets. Two were for great seats but we wanted to be in with the craic, so we kept the normal tickets and tried to sell the others.

We couldn't give them away!
    In the end, we met two Irish girls who had Swiss tickets so we gave them ours for free and left them try to get rid of their own. Met them afterwards and they still had the tickets in their pockets.

I only get the bare minimum number of tickets now because I've been stung too often. Even for home games in Lansdowne Road.
    Last edited by Peadar; 27/09/2006 at 9:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    It was a forum dominated by Cork City FC fans .....
    there are 2 rules to remember in life:

Rule 1. everything which is of any use or good in any way was either invented, started in or perfected by the people of Cork.

Rule 2. If you think the above to be incorrect or irrelevant in any way please refer to rule number 1!

Remember these 2 rules and you will never be far wrong!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    before i attract the entire nation of rebels on me the above is an attempt at humour!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I wouldn't worry too much about the "Disappeared", it is always going to happen. Plus I wouldn't tar them all with the same brush. I have been using this site for about three years, I don't post that often, but read it at least three times a day. Some of the "Disappeared" might be just like that.
    UCD sha-la-la

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by galwayhoop View Post
    there are 2 rules to remember in life:

Rule 1. everything which is of any use or good in any way was either invented, started in or perfected by the people of Cork.

Rule 2. If you think the above to be incorrect or irrelevant in any way please refer to rule number 1!

Remember these 2 rules and you will never be far wrong!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It was a forum dominated by Cork City FC fans and the odd rival, looking for banter. CorkCityFC.com became defunct but the forum continued and was renamed to Foot.ie and went "National."

It was still very much City fans frequenting the site but gradually other eL fans joined in. Then the National Team Section went crazy, with all the 2G's posting and people coming on looking for WC 2002 tickets etc. As time went on, many of the City fans moved back to the Official forum attached to CorkCityFC.ie and many new members to the forum were looking for info on the National team.

You still get a fair bit of eL banter, as it's a "neutral" forum now but not many new members sign up for that.
    The Boys in Green always attract a bandwagon and as long as there's people looking for Ireland tickets, there'll be people coming on here and disappearing again.
    NIce one Peadar.. Chairs for the info

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast