Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Sallens FC - Kildare - Q&As

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Sallens FC - Kildare - Q&As

Has anyone seen Questions and Answers on RTE 1 tonight, in the first half of the programme, some guy from Sallens FC (probably wrong spelling there) who have 11 teams from schoolboys to U18s. They are about to be kicked out of the Kildare league because they cant get a pitch to play on.

I have to say the Minister for Sport was very good in response but the club from the club came across very badly, and it seemed he didn't even know what the Capital Sports grant scheme was about. I mean, in all fairness, he tried to put O'Donoughe on the spot but came sounded like he just wanted everything handed to him.

What club is it ?? Anyone familiar with them, it sounds like Sallens anyway.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    The thing about the Capital Sports Grant is that you nearly always have to either own the land or have a reasonably long lease before receiving money from the Scheme. This wasn't highlighted on the programme.
    Always look on the bright side of life

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    The thing about the Capital Sports Grant is that you nearly always have to either own the land or have a reasonably long lease before receiving money from the Scheme. This wasn't highlighted on the programme.
    I didn't realise that but that guy could have come across a bit better. It just really looked like he was passing round the begging bowl and not prepared to do anything (i realise i could be completely wrong here, i dunno what is going on behind the scenes) thats the impression i got anyway.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face View Post
    I didn't realise that but that guy could have come across a bit better. It just really looked like he was passing round the begging bowl and not prepared to do anything (i realise i could be completely wrong here, i dunno what is going on behind the scenes) thats the impression i got anyway.
    I have to agree with you here , the club representative really looked and sounded fazed by the oppurtuinity to say his piece. O' Donoghue I thought was very respestful in giving the club, (didn't quite catch the name but I think you were right with Sallen's), the invitation to come and meet him on the matter. Hopefully the club will have thier homework and paperwork done right before they present there case. It would be interesting to see what this club has been doing in the background to achieve thier aim.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    It also is a massive help if your club is based in the minister's consituency!
    (especially if you participate in some obscure form of rowing in Cahirciveen)