Draw 5 - 1
    Away 12 - 1
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Incidentally PP are the biggest price on PSG winning the match at 1/7.

Derry are 20/1 with Totesport!

I don't think they've much hope but a tenner on that will pay for my flights and match ticket if they win!
    I phoned the speaking clock to hear a voice speak, it said - "At the tone you will be very much alone"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    A draw at 5-1 looks worth a bit! Good odds for the win too though
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    No hope of Derry City winning the match really. Best can hope for is score draw. If you think Derry will progress 1-1 is the most likely score @ 11/1.

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I dont really see how you can say there's no hope?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soper View Post
    I dont really see how you can say there's no hope?
    If you look at the recent eL result is europe we have often held teams close at home and maybe unlucky not to win. Away legs have been a lot different though.

Derrys advantage however is that even if PSG score they are still well in the game as 1-1 gets them through.

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    2-0 home win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    2-2 draw is 40-1. I'm gonna put a euro on that!
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    If you look at the recent eL result is europe we have often held teams close at home and maybe unlucky not to win. Away legs have been a lot different though.

Derrys advantage however is that even if PSG score they are still well in the game as 1-1 gets them through.
    None of these 'recent eL results in Europe' you are citing have involved Derry City, so using other teams past results against Derry is a bit harsh. We have knocked out every team that has stood in our way so far this season in Europe, so surely you should be basing your prediction on that. Even since Shelbourne's tie against Deportivo though, the league has progressed a huge amount. Irish clubs are much more consistent in Europe now. If you want to say that PSG came to the Brandywell looking for a draw and didn't play to their potential, then you'd have to admit that Derry were by no means at their best either. I didn't see much threat from PSG to be honest, but McHugh was a handful for the PSG defence all night. Also, they're coming into the game on the back of a disappointing 0-0 draw with Nancy.
    To say we have no chance is a bit ridiculous. We have the players who can score and cut defences apart and if McCourt, Deery and McHugh all play well, I think we have a huge chance of scoring. If we do score first, we would be in a brilliant position - PSG, one of the G14, 1 goal down against Derry City in front of 48,000 fans, I think they could collapse. Even so, I would have enough faith in our defence that we wouldn't concede more than a goal.
    Why are some people being so pessimistic about the result? We've got a real chance of progressing so please, wise up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yeah, I understand that.I just think Kenny has a few more tricks up his sleeve tactically than, for example, Fenlon had (you know, away against Steua last season for example).I really think PSG are nothing special, and to use Newcastle as an example, there wasn't a lot between them and Ventspils in the last round, and again, against Tallin in this round - I would say Derry are at least on a level with those teams, and PSG wouldn't be a million miles away from Newcastle's level.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Newcastle are pathetic so don't use them as an example.

I think Derry have chance at draw but not a win. I will be cheering them on to qualify.

I could use Shels and Cork City examples in the CL 3rd qualifying round or Uefa 1st round to make my case. Deportivo, Lille, & Red Star games to name a few show how a tight game in Ireland is a easy win away.

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The Derry backline is magnificent, it will be tight, even if PSG have 90% posession they'll have one hell of a task.

Just look at the Shels game t'other night, Derry down to 10 with a striker in goal, and we only had about 5 shots at him, despite playing some fine ball. Mopped up virtually everything thrown at them.
    God

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The writing is on the wall. Derry are going through. I don't doubt it for a second. They have the fire power to crack shots in that no goalkeeper in the world could save, look at the goals against Gretna and Derry fans could list another 5 or 6 I'd say. They will make and get the chances to score at least one goal. They have a defense that gets tighter with the more pressure you put on it. PSG will be lucky to cancel out the goal or two that Derry will score. If its a nil all then no better men than the Derry crew to put away penalties under pressure, (See league cup final for reference). Lets see PSG face penalties against the 'minnows' of the Eircom league. They will buckle like a bike under Pat Dolan or a club managed by Roddy Collins.
    I'm just saying what the Derry faithful are thinking but don't want to say for fear of jinx or ridicule.
    No need lads, go over and see your club make history. As they say in china 加油.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soper View Post
    Yeah, I understand that.I just think Kenny has a few more tricks up his sleeve tactically than, for example, Fenlon had (you know, away against Steua last season for example).I really think PSG are nothing special, and to use Newcastle as an example, there wasn't a lot between them and Ventspils in the last round, and again, against Tallin in this round - I would say Derry are at least on a level with those teams, and PSG wouldn't be a million miles away from Newcastle's level.
    I think Derry have a chance, but equating Derry's level via a roundabout 3 or 4 teams is not particularly relevant. That'd be like saying that because Derry drew at home with PSG they're on the same level as the top division in France. If the match were to be played ten times, PSG would probably go through on 8 or 9 of those occasions. But it'll only be played once so let's hope that it can be the one where Derry manage to get a draw or a win.
    Foot.ie's entire existence is predicated on the average idiot's inability to ignore other idiots

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Derry have a chance. PSG are having a terrible season and Lacombe is under serious pressure. If he doesn't get a result from the Derry game then its curtains.

I was over in France for the first leg, at the OM UEFA Cup game, and the next day the papers spoke highly of Derry, especially saying that they were impressed with their passing as they thought they would be hoofballers.

If Derry score first, then its game over and they'll make history. If PSG score first then its on a knief edge.
    Forzadrogs.....A blog by a Drog with an opinion!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I honestly think we have a chance of progressing.

But I'd say it will be by way of a 1-1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    if you fancy Derry to progress than a lay of PSG on betfair would be the gamble

think PSG's team sheet in Derry may be misleading - can see them making a few changes in personnel with killer pace rather than muscle and brawn being favoured this time out. My fear would be that Derry are basically knakkered after recent games v Shels - losing players to reds didnt help the legs of the others on the pitch either. They've a chance but it all hinges on who scores first!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wws View Post
    if you fancy Derry to progress than a lay of PSG on betfair would be the gamble

think PSG's team sheet in Derry may be misleading - can see them making a few changes in personnel with killer pace rather than muscle and brawn being favoured this time out. My fear would be that Derry are basically knakkered after recent games v Shels - losing players to reds didnt help the legs of the others on the pitch either. They've a chance but it all hinges on who scores first!
    http://home.skysports.com/matchrepor...france&cpid=24

There hasn't been many changes in the team sheet since we played them. Kalou has come in this week for Rozenthal, Pauletta started the last two games. Rothen is injured, Dhorassoo has been dropped as far as I am aware and Cisse who was also dropped hasn't started a game since.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wws View Post
    My fear would be that Derry are basically knakkered after recent games v Shels - losing players to reds didnt help the legs of the others on the pitch either. They've a chance but it all hinges on who scores first!
    Knackered - or even fitter ?

Do professional athletes really require more than 6 days to recover between games, even if they had to work a bit harder than usual in those games ??

Did Derry suffer in the Friday game against Shels after 120 mins versus Shels 4 days earlier - much of which was spent with only 9 men ? Or did they cruise into a 2:0 lead, that could just as easily have been 3....?

If a professional athlete hasn't fully, or almost fully, recouperated form exertion within 6 days, then tell me - how long exactly do they need ? 2 weeks ?? A month ????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Just wondering what's the deal with this?

Derry City fans are reminded that tickets for the PSG game will not be on sale after the close of business on Monday

Any unsold tickets must be returned to PSG on Tuesday and no tickets for the away end will be on sale at the Parc Des Princes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast