Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Under-18 Squad

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    first weekend Of under 18 Games. parrott for 2 för Spurs, jennings for 3 för stoke tink He will be under19 för Us This sadon, mcenneff and ogunbo Player för Arsenal, sobawle and egan riley Made Bench At Man city, idah seems to haave moved beyound This level for norwich
    Have you installed a scandanavian keyboard liamoo?

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    first weekend Of under 18 Games. parrott for 2 för Spurs, jennings for 3 för stoke tink He will be under19 för Us This sadon, mcenneff and ogunbo Player för Arsenal, sobawle and egan riley Made Bench At Man city, idah seems to haave moved beyound This level for norwich
    Very hard to read your posts lately liam, try to use less of the text-speak
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    some Of the New additions to English academies over The summer From youthawk who might be involved in uudet 17/18 Irish squads

timi sobawle Man city(and Finn harps!)

reilly ipswich
    Different Sobowale at Man City to the one at Finn Harps. They're brothers.

Also, that'd be Connor O'Reilly at Ipswich who moved over from Finn Harps under-17s in July. Great prospect.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_denilson View Post
    Have you installed a scandanavian keyboard liamoo?
    Sorry all, my account was hacked by my fingerless Swedish mistress who has an unhealthy obsession with underage Irish football jävel

6. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    That Wright is a lovely player at Villa and looked so good at Euros. But Idah and Parrott are different level. I am sincerely convinced we have 2 PL seniors on our hands there and that's as good as you can say about players of that age.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Sobowale made his first appearence for Man City 18s with joe hodge On bench.
    Seamus keogh made first appearence for southampton 18s
    Kian levy made first appearence for reading 18s
    Liam delap(former Irish International rory delaps son) who is an under16 made first appearence for derby 18s

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Sobowale came off the bench last week as well. He's friends with my friend's son in Waterford.

10. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Sobowale came off the bench last week as well. He's friends with my friend's son in Waterford.
    Thank you its a fine achievement to step up so quickly with the amount of players City tend to have. Someone maybe on ybig said he had switched to nigeria do you know if that is true?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    I don't know, I just saw Sobowale on the bench last week and I passed it on to them
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

13. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    Thank you its a fine achievement to step up so quickly with the amount of players City tend to have. Someone maybe on ybig said he had switched to nigeria do you know if that is true?
    Actually it was me who enquired on here about where his loyalty lies. As I mentioned on another thread, he is being described as Nigerian in media reports since his move to Man City and he is using the Nigerian flag on his twitter account. I was hoping someone on here could allay my fears, so get the finger out Tets, as you are the man in the know!

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Yeah tets, make the necessary enquiries would you.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    Adam O'Reilly on the scoresheet recently for Preston North End against Wrexham: https://www.pnefc.net/matches/fixtur...on-11-aug-18/#

Jordan McEneff played the full game for Arsenal U18s in their 2-0 win over Brighton, who had Matt Everitt as an unused sub: https://int.soccerway.com/matches/20...?ICID=PL_MS_07

Is it just me, or is there a dearth of Irish players in the U18s of different English clubs this year compared to last? Is this a cause for concern? I know a number of lads have moved up to U23 and a few quicker than expected (Cassidy, Idah, Parrott) so maybe it's a good sign and will even out over the coming 12 months but if the lads now at U23 level don't make the grade, then we could be in real trouble on the talent-pipeline front. Or perhaps LOI clubs are starting to have more success in keeping young prospects at home for longer, which would be a good thing, assuming they are receiving good coaching.
    Last edited by samhaydenjr; 20/08/2018 at 3:56 AM.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gastric View Post
    Actually it was me who enquired on here about where his loyalty lies. As I mentioned on another thread, he is being described as Nigerian in media reports since his move to Man City and he is using the Nigerian flag on his twitter account. I was hoping someone on here could allay my fears, so get the finger out Tets, as you are the man in the know!
    He's described as Nigerian by Nigerian sites - they do the same for Shodipo, Obafemi, etc. The flag doesn't necessarily mean he's committed to them either - he's Nigerian and Irish so could easily just be expressing that. I remember Noe Baba had Cameroon flags on his but he's only ever played for Ireland.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    Matthew Everitt gets the winner for Brighton U18s against Norwich: https://int.soccerway.com/matches/20...?ICID=PL_MS_10

19. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    He's described as Nigerian by Nigerian sites - they do the same for Shodipo, Obafemi, etc. The flag doesn't necessarily mean he's committed to them either - he's Nigerian and Irish so could easily just be expressing that. I remember Noe Baba had Cameroon flags on his but he's only ever played for Ireland.
    As Tets failed to deliver on a promise he never made to check out Sobawale's choice of countries,. this article by Stephen Hunt seems to imply he sees himself as Irish. Exciting times and my gut tells me lots of these underage players will make it.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...-37252089.html
    Last edited by gastric; 27/08/2018 at 12:45 AM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    Now, I am encouraged by the fast progress made by some of our youngsters, particularly our strikers, in the academies in England. And I've said before that the doomsayers in the Post-Keane era could well be shocked by how quickly our list of options might expand. But even I think it's getting a bit ahead of ourselves to be talking about a senior cap for Troy Parrott: https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2018...tarlet-parrott

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    Having watched him, I think he could offer us something we don't have presently. Really good vision, speed and anticipation. In saying that, because of his age and physical development I would only see him coming on for the last 10 minutes of a game and would this justify his inclusion in a squad when others could come on earlier and make a difference?

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    I think he’s being careful not to rule out the prospect as it might imply he was averse to picking young players. I don’t think it’s realistic we will see him before he plays a senior game for Spurs.

The implication by the author that Michael Duffy could be included is a bit daft. We would have heard he has put the papers in to switch if he was doing so, surely. And O’Neill doesn’t even hint that he has.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    England have announced their squad for an under-18 tournament in Spain against the Netherlands, Ireland, and Belgium next week: http://www.thefa.com/news/2018/nov/0...d-named-091118

25. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    Republic of Ireland Under-18 Head Coach Jim Crawford has selected a 20-man squad for the upcoming Under-18 International Tournament in Spain.
    https://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/irel...ish-tournament
    "We lost because we didn't win"- Ronaldo

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast