Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Division 2A 2006/07

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Limerick Division 2A 2006/07

Any posters wanna talk about 2A. it seems pike are running away with it, even though summerville were very unlucky against them last time out losing to a goal in injury time. 2nd place is up for grabs with Janesboro, Murroe, Summerville and Corbally looking most likely to push. Any comments?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The league looks to be pikes already alright....2nd place maybe the only way to get promoted..But in saying that it is still pretty early in the year and the bad weather and mucky pitchs are ahead and that may not suit the likes of pike and other teams may dog out results against them...Yes summerville were unlucky alright...best of luck to all concerned!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Ya hopefully you're right summervilleman. I'd like to see a good title race. Do you play with their B team - how are ye playing overall? I saw the pike game and was impressed with yer performance because i was expecting pike to hammer ye but ye deserved somethin out of the game.

The likes of Janesboro rolled over and died against Pike even with Anthony Tobin bank up front. The boro just dont have the bottle against the big teams. Saw them last year in the 2B league decider and S'ville destroyed them.

Murroe look to have a decent young side together and i wasnt surprised they beat Boro. I'd like to see either Murroe or Summervile get promoted with Pike -they play nice football

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

second promotion spot

seen alot of summerville games this year and theie pretty much shaped up as they were last year, they've a diff keeper whos playin some crackin stuff, and a good new centre back, there striker is quiet good too,very very quick and now plays with the a team too. as for the rest its the same who won the league last year, a really good bunch of honest lads.ha ha you talk about boro.. sur they bottled it last year in the league final.. pike wil win the league, and if sville keep notchin a few early wins they'l be rite up there, thats the key in these divisions, a bit of consistency and a good start.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by booster 03 View Post
    seen alot of summerville games this year and theie pretty much shaped up as they were last year, they've a diff keeper whos playin some crackin stuff, and a good new centre back, there striker is quiet good too,very very quick and now plays with the a team too. as for the rest its the same who won the league last year, a really good bunch of honest lads.ha ha you talk about boro.. sur they bottled it last year in the league final.. pike wil win the league, and if sville keep notchin a few early wins they'l be rite up there, thats the key in these divisions, a bit of consistency and a good start.
    ya the centre back is a very good addition although i heard he made a bad mistake for the goal they conceded against athlunkard. i've a few friends on the athlunkard team who believe theyre in with a chance of promotion aswel as the city teams and murroe.

and s'villes new keeper seems solid enough alright, their keeper from last year went up to their a team did he? i agree you def need a good start, especially since theres only 9 teams in it now. hows that striker playing with the a's? is there any other b's from last year playing with the a's?

corbally b still seem to be relying on that giant they have in midfield, he cany carry them forever. and as for their keeper, he's just a loud mouth primadona.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    corbally b still seem to be relying on that giant they have in midfield, he cany carry them forever. and as for their keeper, he's just a loud mouth primadona.
    Which one, they have two loudmouth primadonnas.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadend View Post
    Which one, they have two loudmouth primadonnas.
    His intials are JJH. I'll say no more. What are your views on 2A?? Does anyone know what kind of team Hyde have this year? Are they an ageing team or a young one?

This weekends games will probably be called off due to the weather so that means most teams in this division will have to wait at least 3 weeks for another game. That makes it tough for teams to get any sort of run going doesnt it?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    I thought as much, he only played one game for them, that one against Summerville.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    ya.. he plays both cos hes signed on a b form, d keeper last year was cozy hes gone to the a team.. wat club are u involved wit curiously wonderin.. and dont get me started on that spoofer jjh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    The keeper last year wasn't Cozzy.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadend View Post
    The keeper last year wasn't Cozzy.
    I think he means the keeper for summerville last year was cozzy. he had a good season last year by all accounts and was deservedly called up to the a's but then again alot of their b team seemed to be playing better than the a team. I always thought you should pick the team based on form and if that was the case you'd have a much different sumerville A squad this year than they have.

I've a feeling this league will go down to the wire for promotion with 3 or 4 teams battling it out in the last couple of games. If i was betting man id say murroe, corbally and summerville will be involved with pike obviously. Boro could be there if they grow some t*sticles

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Boro have some players who were good, unfortunately for them they are still good in their own heads only at present. If they realised that they won't just stroll around and win games they'd be in with a great shout.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Predictions for the weekend games

Murroe 1-1 Pike Rovers (murroe are a tough side to beat especially out there)
    Summerville 2-1 Aisling Anacotty
    Janesboro 1-2 Athlunkard
    Hyde 0-2 Corbally

Anyone want to put up their predictions?

And i was just wondering why does it say on the ldmc website that 3 of the games are called off while the limk leader still has all the fixtures down? Could old keeper help me out with that one?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Murroe 1-1 Pike Rovers (murroe are a tough side to beat especially out there)
    Summerville 2-1 Aisling Anacotty
    Janesboro 1-2 Athlunkard
    Hyde 0-2 Corbally

Anyone want to put up their predictions?

And i was just wondering why does it say on the ldmc website that 3 of the games are called off while the limk leader still has all the fixtures down? Could old keeper help me out with that one?
    The only 2A game this weekend is the Boro V Athlunkard, rest are off due to no refs for a number of reasons.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    is there that much of a problem regarding referees that matches are being postponed,is there any plan in place to deal with the future of refereeing in the limerick area

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by progress View Post
    is there that much of a problem regarding referees that matches are being postponed,is there any plan in place to deal with the future of refereeing in the limerick area
    Hi

There is no problem with the current refs but we really need to add to the numbers. You are right when you suggest a plan. the league is discussing this but we need to speed it up, any suggestions are welcome

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Angry idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by booster 03 View Post
    i hate the boro!!!!!!!!!!hope sville destroy the bunch of shapers!
    Its obvious you dont know what your talking about,"I HATE THE BORO!!!!!", your a sad man

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pearse4t3 View Post
    Its obvious you dont know what your talking about,"I HATE THE BORO!!!!!", your a sad man
    Ah relax pearsey. you shouldn't let random meaningless comments get to you. Heard the boro had a tough game against athlunkard at the weekend, hard fought 3-3 draw. Were you at the game? was it any good??

The amount of draws shows how tough it will be to get out of this league

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Thumbs up

Ah relax pearsey. you shouldn't let random meaningless comments get to you. Heard the boro had a tough game against athlunkard at the weekend, hard fought 3-3 draw. Were you at the game? was it any good??

The amount of draws shows how tough it will be to get out of this league
    I know but some people..................
    Yeah the Athlunkard match,one of those ones where we should have won but got lucky too draw in the end,gave away 3 soft goals. Alan Sheehan and Bubbles will be playing from now on,both missed last 3 games, they will make big difference.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pearse4t3 View Post
    I know but some people..................
    Yeah the Athlunkard match,one of those ones where we should have won but got lucky too draw in the end,gave away 3 soft goals. Alan Sheehan and Bubbles will be playing from now on,both missed last 3 games, they will make big difference.
    Sheehan will play at the back and Bubbles up front is it? Yer still a bit soft at the back are ye? twas the same last year, ye were very good going forward but not the best defensively, couldn't deal with the high balls properly which is essential is this league.

Thats my opinion of what ive seen of ye so far this year. Do ye still have carroll playing for ye on the wing. He must be very frustratin to play with, can be excellent in one game, creating and scoring goals but he just disappears in the next game - especially the tough ones - and you don't even realise he's playing. So inconsistent

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast