Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brady takes aim at Chelsea (A Face, unfinished business here)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Post Brady takes aim at Chelsea (A Face, unfinished business here)

Brady takes aim at Chelsea

Former Arsenal and Republic of Ireland midfielder Liam Brady has re-ignited the war of words between the Gunners and Chelsea by claiming the Premiership champions have caused a lot of hassle in the English league.

Brady, who is head of youth development with Arsenal believes that Jose Mourinho’s arrival at Stamford Bridge along with Roman Abramovich’s bottomless well of funds has had a negative affect on the game in England.

Read more at www.eleven-a-side.com

Complete and utter sour grapes from Brady, but then again its typical from a guy of his calibre. He is just a cretin and it typifies what the man is about. Its guys like him that are bad for football, he is should stick to coaching and shut his mouth.

He has failed his country and he is now failing the game.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    yeah and .how many youngsters have arsenal had come up through the ranks..........count them on one hand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    How many of youngsters at Arsenal have been given the skills to make a living out of the game at Championship & Premiership Level?

I'm sure anyone who knows the slightest thing about the Arsenal youth system in which Brady is integral knows all about the Jerome Thomas', Steve Sidwells, Paul Dickov's, Ashley Cole's, Matthew Upson's, Jermaine Pennants, Ryan Smith's, Fabrice Muamba's & Justin Hoyte's of this world......(to name just, a very select few of british players).

Add into the mix the international players such as Bendtner, Lupoli, Senderos, Djourou & Fabregas developed further in the crucial 'development to win' phase under Brady & Banfield and you can see what type of player is being moulded and given the best skills to have a career in their chosen field even if that means they never end up playing for Arsenal.

Brady's development record at Arsenal is superb and would be wrongfully judged without the full picture of what the aim of Arsenal's youth system really is.

If this is what 'failing the game' is all about then give me another big pile of that please!!
    Last edited by Karlos; 16/09/2006 at 12:35 PM.
    Foot.ie - NFL Fantasy Football Champion, 2006!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Excellent point well made Karlos. What Chelsea youngsters have made it anywhere? Terry and Huth with Carlton Cole on his 89th club at West Ham now. What ever happened to Harley et al? Nothing. Brady has a total Arsenal bias but criticising the excellent work he's done at Arsenal is idiotic

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face View Post
    Complete and utter sour grapes from Brady, but then again its typical from a guy of his calibre. He is just a cretin and it typifies what the man is about. Its guys like him that are bad for football, he is should stick to coaching and shut his mouth.
    A cretin? then what word to use to describe somebody who will use a shíte article like that for justification to continue a prejudiced baseless hysterical tirade against Brady.

Karlos, good to have back on topic.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    And how exactly did Brady fail his country?

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    779 Posts
    He has failed his country and he is now failing the game.[/B]
    Explain he has failed his country ?
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlos View Post
    How many of youngsters at Arsenal have been given the skills to make a living out of the game at Championship & Premiership Level?

I'm sure anyone who knows the slightest thing about the Arsenal youth system in which Brady is integral knows all about the Jerome Thomas', Steve Sidwells, Paul Dickov's, Ashley Cole's, Matthew Upson's, Jermaine Pennants, Ryan Smith's, Fabrice Muamba's & Justin Hoyte's of this world......(to name just, a very select few of british players).

Add into the mix the international players such as Bendtner, Lupoli, Senderos, Djourou & Fabregas developed further in the crucial 'development to win' phase under Brady & Banfield and you can see what type of player is being moulded and given the best skills to have a career in their chosen field even if that means they never end up playing for Arsenal.

Brady's development record at Arsenal is superb and would be wrongfully judged without the full picture of what the aim of Arsenal's youth system really is.

If this is what 'failing the game' is all about then give me another big pile of that please!!

how many of arsenals team were english today
    youth development!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennocelt View Post
    how many of arsenals team were english today.
    youth development!
    Not that it's in any way relevant but I do wonder if you do actually have the faintest notion of how many british kids have or are currently going through the Arsenal youth system.

I'm can only apologise that I didn't realise you could only develop english kids who play in your first team to be classed as having a successful youth development system.

If only I'd have known that, I wouldn't have embarassed myself by listing off a small portion of the players that have successfully made a career in the game on the back of a now obvious non existant youth development system at Arsenal. Cheers for the enlightenment
    Last edited by Karlos; 17/09/2006 at 11:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    well it is kinda why you do have a youth development system isnt it ,to develop players that one day will be good enough for your first team

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Add into the mix the international players such as Bendtner, Lupoli, Senderos, Djourou & Fabregas
    I have to say the pillage of other countries young players disgusts me. Arsenal aren't the only one's at it, but certainly lead the way in the premiership. Robbing players of clubs that found and developed them, with the intention of short cutting paying proper fees. Not something to be celebrated imo.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    He has failed his country and he is now failing the game.[/B][/QUOTE]

What are you talking about

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    The mind boggles at the inherent self delusion of Karlos' post and the other posters who buy into it.
    Put simply if I spent X amount of cash on a youth development programme and none of the players went thru to the first team I would deem that a failure and pretty bad value for money. robbing other clubs of their good young players is evidance of a good scouting sytem not a good youth development system. Providing other lesser clubs with players shouldnt be in Bradys remit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Not that it's in any way relevant but I do wonder if you do actually have the faintest notion of how many british kids have or are currently going through the Arsenal youth system.

I'm can only apologise that I didn't realise you could only develop english kids who play in your first team to be classed as having a successful youth development system. :

If only I'd have known that, I wouldn't have embarassed myself by listing off a small portion of the players that have successfully made a career in the game on the back of a now obvious non existant youth development system at Arsenal. Cheers for the enlightenment

oh now i see it..arsenal is a feeder club to others then.except (unllike west ham) most of the players that leave are.not actually that good
    ashley had a cracking gaqme yesterday.didnt he!

remind me .how did manure utd dominate football again in the early 1990.s?

and how come you NEVER hear of young fellas getting trials with arsenal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Billsthoughts View Post
    The mind boggles at the inherent self delusion of Karlos' post and the other posters who buy into it.
    Put simply if I spent X amount of cash on a youth development programme and none of the players went thru to the first team I would deem that a failure and pretty bad value for money. robbing other clubs of their good young players is evidance of a good scouting sytem not a good youth development system. Providing other lesser clubs with players shouldnt be in Bradys remit.

Self deluison....cheers

As someone who has trained in youth development football I understand the main priotities involved with developing youth and getting players through to the first team is certainly an element but by no means the main priority and should never be.

I'd love to hear of one club where they push 11 players through the sytem into their first team club a season. People talk about united in the 90's but the reality is they pushed 5 top class players through in one go and 15 others didn't make it and 20 or so more year after year to the point where they spend 30 million each on Rooney and Ferdinand.

In percentage terms you could call that a poor youth system but of course that would be absolutely ridicuolous much like the wide of the mark views here of what a 'youth development system' should be

And some of you wonder why we don't develop better kids.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennocelt View Post

and how come you NEVER hear of young fellas getting trials with arsenal
    You obviously don't work in youth development football in Ireland so.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    when you get on your " as someone who knows youth development...." horse it always makes me smile....
    wow you did a course. congratulations. nothing nobody else could have gathered from watching a couple of BBC documentaries.
    get over it. A clubs objectives are different from a football associations objectives when it comes to developing talent.
    its self evident to anyone looking at it that brady is a failure at developing youth at arsenal no matter what way you try and spin it. what did you do your course in? Public Relations?
    West Ham was mentioned earlier as a club that pushes youth development.
    Man U at least gave a lot of players a chance to prove themselves in the first team. Arsenal never do. In yesterdays game they had fletcher, o shea, scholes that came from inside the club. who did arsenal have?
    God help the future of football in this country if it is in the hands of such self righteous people as your good self.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Billsthoughts View Post
    when you get on your " as someone who knows youth development...." horse it always makes me smile....
    wow you did a course. congratulations. nothing nobody else could have gathered from watching a couple of BBC documentaries.
    get over it. A clubs objectives are different from a football associations objectives when it comes to developing talent.
    its self evident to anyone looking at it that brady is a failure at developing youth at arsenal no matter what way you try and spin it. what did you do your course in? Public Relations?
    West Ham was mentioned earlier as a club that pushes youth development.
    Man U at least gave a lot of players a chance to prove themselves in the first team. Arsenal never do. In yesterdays game they had fletcher, o shea, scholes that came from inside the club. who did arsenal have?
    God help the future of football in this country if it is in the hands of such self righteous people as your good self.

You show a distinct lack of knowledge on what 'youth development' actually involves and you cover it up with some veiled attacks on me. Pathetic in the extreme and I won't stoop to that level.

I'm just glad coaches in this country still get up in the morning despite the idiotic views that their hours of dedicated training amounts to nothing more than the value of a BBC programme.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Brady takes aim at Chelsea

Former Arsenal and Republic of Ireland midfielder Liam Brady has re-ignited the war of words between the Gunners and Chelsea by claiming the Premiership champions have caused a lot of hassle in the English league.

Brady, who is head of youth development with Arsenal believes that Jose Mourinho’s arrival at Stamford Bridge along with Roman Abramovich’s bottomless well of funds has had a negative affect on the game in England.

Read more at www.eleven-a-side.com

How has he failed his country? A new manager in the championship failed his country a lot more son.

KOH

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Are mods allowed do WUMing, then?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast