Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Divisions 3B/4A/4B 2006/07

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poloman View Post
    Croom will win it i have no doubt at all.
    We beat Croom 2-0 yesterday in Croom. We have 8 games left of which 5 are at home (Parkville play all their games away). If Keith and Dean can keep doing the business up front we should be in with a great chance.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by see's it View Post
    relax bucko
    Come on...thats not fair...whos this?
    18 times, and that's a fact.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by larrywhite View Post
    Hey Poloman,

Sorry got a bit miffed with yer man alright. As others will tell you they have ruined the 1A thread with their bitching and then he comes in here where lads are having proper discussions and tries to stir it up.

As you said there are plenty of guys out there who just want a game becuase they love the game and maybe are not as good/young/fit/slim as they used to be. Theres no need for others to come in here and slag them off.

Anyway welcome to the thread/site. As regards us, Colin is a good player alright. Has had a slow start this season. I put this down to not playing every week along with having to work evenings every second week. As for Yogi, who doesnt know him!!! Can be very frustrating but sets up a fair amount of goals for others.

As you said the 32 teams in the bottom 4 divisions should be formed into 3 divisions. Also should have a cup for those divisions while FAI/MFA is going on. If a clubs A team is in any of these divisions then they should have the option of entering FAI/MFA or the 3A/B/C cup.

Thanks to some ridiculous rule that requires 3 officials for ladies games it means it would be impossible to arrange friendlies for these free weekends as there are no referees available. There were 3 games in 3B cancelled yesterday due to the non availability of referees. How many were called off in Premier/1A/1B? The higher division teams are playing every week so its very unfair on lower division teams who are lucky to have games 2 weeks running to then have one game cancelled.

The issue with lower divisions is a no brainer but this year a lot of clubs advised that they would be putting in B and C teams but they never materialised. Next season should see a streamlining of the lower leagues and I agree with the suggestion of an open draw cup for the lower divisions (have your clubs write to the committee and request this for this season and we will do our best to ensure it happens. (most of us anyway)

Regarding the refs being available for the top divisions! You should see a split over the next few weeks where the teams in all divisions will catch up. As I say on other sites its not black and white, but we will get there

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    proper discussions ye have been talking about but at one stage last week yourself and hollycross jock too the mick for a lot of posts in 1a about all that rubbish that was on 1a a few weeks back

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    A quote to back up that inacurate statement would be nice.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Shels: No way.. fair play if ye beat Croom 2-0 away. Keith and Dean wouldnt have scored if I was fit though! Still.. we are playing ye again.. I will make sure ye dont score (wach us lose 4-0!)

Larry.. thanks for the welcome.

As for the refs.. lets be honest.. the refs should ref the higher division games.. I understand if there are no refs for our games as premier division etc is more important in terms of the effort they put in and people coming to watch matches. Croom had about 40 spectators when they played us in our place.. great support for a low division.

But I have to say when I payed with shels they ran us into the ground. One of the reasons i left is they train like a premier team and yet they are in 4B.. thats dedication. Now i just play three nights a week instead of training. Too old (unslim) for all that now!!

But ya. They should get rid of 4B and make three divisions honestly. The season is too short. We all play for the love of it and we want more games. I was never a premier player (in minors fair enough for caherdavin) but the highest i played was 1B. And you were nearly guaranteed a game every week. Now we havent played a league game in 4 weeks.

PS if Dromore have a game can you get it called off!!! I aint ready for my comeback yet

Shels I must find out who you are.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    To all who read this thread:

How about renaming the thread "Limerick Division 3B/4A/4B" seeing as there seems to be a bit of chat on here regarding all 3 divisions. It would help any newbies looking for chat on 4A or 4B too.

If a mod sees this he might do the honours.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I agree ya.

I didnt go in originally to this thread as i thought it was 3B and was too embarrassed to start a 4b thread!!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts
    To all who read this thread:

How about renaming the thread "Limerick Division 3B/4A/4B" seeing as there seems to be a bit of chat on here regarding all 3 divisions. It would help any newbies looking for chat on 4A or 4B too.

If a mod sees this he might do the honours.
    Done.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Cheers coach.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobysham View Post
    proper discussions ye have been talking about but at one stage last week yourself and hollycross jock too the mick for a lot of posts in 1a about all that rubbish that was on 1a a few weeks back
    ???? I'm Confused Give a little more detail if you need a response

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Hey Dave. Since you didnt bother showing up again even though we were playing 50 yards from your house, the score yesterday was 1-1. Missed a hatful of chances in the first half and it came back to bite us in the ass. Yogi scored a lovely goal. Best chances missed were by Yogi and Colin.
    Nice one, there goes my anonymity, why don't you put on my address and workplace too
    Re: the match and me not being there; what can I say, weather sucked and I was mega hungover and a headache too

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tables updated on the ldmc site

Results and tables are updated sorry for the delays, results were slow in coming

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hi oldkeeper, would you like results emailed to the ldmc address on sunday?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hi oldkeeper, would you like results emailed to the ldmc address on sunday?
    That would be great

I am working on a text based system that will update the tables and the website automatically. This will also have a text service for each division that anyone can sign up to that will text the results of your division as soon as the games are over. (for a small charge of course)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Old keeper View Post
    That would be great

I am working on a text based system that will update the tables and the website automatically. This will also have a text service for each division that anyone can sign up to that will text the results of your division as soon as the games are over. (for a small charge of course)
    Sounds very good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Old keeper View Post
    The issue with lower divisions is a no brainer but this year a lot of clubs advised that they would be putting in B and C teams but they never materialised. Next season should see a streamlining of the lower leagues and I agree with the suggestion of an open draw cup for the lower divisions (have your clubs write to the committee and request this for this season and we will do our best to ensure it happens. (most of us anyway)

Regarding the refs being available for the top divisions! You should see a split over the next few weeks where the teams in all divisions will catch up. As I say on other sites its not black and white, but we will get there
    i appreciate that old keeper but what i then don't understand as a fellow 4b team with St Pats why couldn't the LDMC see that there was four leagues of 8 and just decided there and then in the final week of the season starting notify the clubs to tell of the new structure like you did with herbertstown in the premier, 1a situation... i know nothing can be done now but i was just quering if any one in the committee thought about this when the teams were not getting entered...

i'm not getting angry or anything here its just frustrating that most teams in 3a 3b 4a and 4b probably got a good squad of players ready for the season started and cause of the numbers in the league and the structure theses numbers have dwindled because of lack of games available.

but as you said with the other clubs writing to the committee we will work together to make sure next season is a much better structure..

keep up the good work old keeper see you this week in the FAI

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holycrossjock View Post
    i appreciate that old keeper but what i then don't understand as a fellow 4b team with St Pats why couldn't the LDMC see that there was four leagues of 8 and just decided there and then in the final week of the season starting notify the clubs to tell of the new structure like you did with herbertstown in the premier, 1a situation... i know nothing can be done now but i was just quering if any one in the committee thought about this when the teams were not getting entered...

i'm not getting angry or anything here its just frustrating that most teams in 3a 3b 4a and 4b probably got a good squad of players ready for the season started and cause of the numbers in the league and the structure theses numbers have dwindled because of lack of games available.

but as you said with the other clubs writing to the committee we will work together to make sure next season is a much better structure..

--------------------------------------------------
    - MOD EDIT---ATT longtimefan :People have the right to remain anonymous, don't name a poster like that again*
    --------------------------------------------------
    the only one who can make decisions on the divisions is the fixtures secretary .
    Last edited by the 12 th man; 10/10/2006 at 12:14 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    MOD EDIT*** and the only one who can make decisions on the divisions is the fixtures secretary so he is spouting bull
    Is that you Paddy?
    Last edited by the 12 th man; 10/10/2006 at 10:48 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holycrossjock View Post

Hi Thanks for the support

The issue re the lower divisions was discussed at the start of the season but it was too late to change then, next year there will be a root and branch review of the leagues well before the season starts and hopefully clubs will be in a position to apply to the lower divisions. in my opinion clubs should have to re apply every year to ensure the league knows how many teams will be in. Im on lunch but would need a few hours to deal with longtimefan!!

But the division setups are nothing to do with the Fixture secretary. in the past it may have been left to the FS to do this but there are many now who want to be involved and it will be a committee decision as to how many teams are in each division.

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast