Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Manager Required for UCFL Please Help !!!

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Manager Required for UCFL Please Help !!!

HI Lads,

This is my first post and I was hoping you might be able to help.

I set up a Senior team based in Dublin 12 in the UCL last year and over the past 8 months we have gone from nothing to having a decent squad of committed players and a very good infrastructure in place.

What we now require is an experienced manager who is looking for a challenge and interested in bringing the club forward. The right person will be able to attract/bring with him some players and will ideally be looking to move the club to LSL in the next two years and progress.

We have a strong committee in place, so a lot of the usual (non football related) crap that managers have to deal with will be taken out of the managers hands and all he will have to worry about is training and picking the team.

Although we are only a new club we are very profitable and funds will be made available for whatever equipment the manager needs.

Would anyone on here be interested or know someone who would be suitable? If not do you have any reccommendations on where is best to look for an experienced manager?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,

Stevo

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    No one interested then no??

Does anyone have any advice on where I could look to improve my search?

Cheers for any help.

Stevo

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hi Stevo,
    Maybe you should advertise in the local media...Radio and Paper etc.I know in Limerick teams have advertised like this in the past

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Under your nose.

Steve,have a look at some of the better teams in your area.If they are clubs that have been around for a few years the managers that they have in place will be guys that have given there word commitment wise, for the long term.My point being within their squads you will have players on the brink of callin it a day.Guys that are between 34 to 38.Loads of experience and might have a genuine interest in management but due to the fact that they are playin under the management of a guy maybe the same age,or they might be at the club for a good few years dont want to rock the boat in their last season.

These are the guys you want.We are a top club in Cork and asked a senior player to take over the regins 2 years ago.He didnt want any money for the job, just the chance to prove himself and we provided him with whatever he needed training wise.The players at the club when he took over respected him because they know he has been their and done that.He he has brought new ideas to matchs,matchdays and training which keeps them on their toes.So the manager you are looking for,for a new club like yours with a lot to give could be right under your nose.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thanks for the heads up lads i've been trying to get in touch with a few of the large/well established teams in my area but they seem reluctant to give me info on their older players as they try to get those guys working with their underage teams.

I'll keep trying though and if anybody on here is interested please get in touch.

Cheers,

Stevo

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Frankie Glynn will be available pretty soon