Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Divisions 3B/4A/4B 2006/07

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3 Heroes View Post
    I have numerous and specific examples throughout the last 6 or more years, it was NOT an off the cuff remark.
    Well Im not there that long but give me your examples of the last year and I will respond.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShelsLimerick View Post
    Anyone know what games are off?

3b

Parkville OFF Murroe
    St Paul's OFF Moyross
    Coonagh United V Herbertstown
    Caherconlish OFF Summerville Rovers

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Cheers OldKeeper.

4B

St Patrick’s AFC OFF Dromore Celtic
    Holycross OFF Prospect Priory

Games On
    St Paul's B V Parkville
    Croom B V Shelbourne

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Old keeper View Post
    Well Im not there that long but give me your examples of the last year and I will respond.
    Righto,
    Travelled out to Raheen and ten minutes after the game was due to have kicked off and trying to get through to the LDMC (fixture sec. I assume) we were informed the referee's wife had taken his car keys with her and that they would see if they could find a replacement so we waited another 10 mins before we were informed the match was off.

Travelled to two different away games three times before they were played, for one of those games both teams were in agreement the pitch was in perfect condition, referee that said it was unplayable has a "reputation" for not playing games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Righto,

Travelled to two different away games three times before they were played, for one of those games both teams were in agreement the pitch was in perfect condition, referee that said it was unplayable has a "reputation" for not playing games
    Can I say, as a referee, my primary concern is the safety of the players. If I'm in doubt I won't play the game - I have seen a colleague make that mistake (he expressed his concerns too me before kick off but said sure everything will be alright) a player got a serious injury as a direct result of the condition of the pitch..

You are however getting away from your original point, the league cannot be held responsible for a referees’ decision not to play a match or indeed not turn up.
    Smile........ it confuses people

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Righto,
    Travelled out to Raheen and ten minutes after the game was due to have kicked off and trying to get through to the LDMC (fixture sec. I assume) we were informed the referee's wife had taken his car keys with her and that they would see if they could find a replacement so we waited another 10 mins before we were informed the match was off.

The ref has answered these,

The league has no control over the actions of referees. The refs are appointed for games by the Fixtures sec and the referees assessor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    The ref has answered these,

The league has no control over the actions of referees. The refs are appointed for games by the Fixtures sec and the referees assessor.
    So what role exactly do the LDMC paly. I know and understand you're trying your best but it does sound as if you are fobbing thes problems off on the refs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    So what role exactly do the LDMC paly. I know and understand you're trying your best but it does sound as if you are fobbing thes problems off on the refs
    My answer is from a referee perspective.

The league fixes the match;
    The referee allocations officer (usually a referees assessor) appoints a referee to the game;
    The match card is made available to the referee (by post/collection or by means agreed between the league and the ISRS branch);
    At this stage the home team can only call off a game for an unplayable pitch. This must be done in accordance with competition rules or if the pitch is owned by the local authority, ONLY the local authority may deem the pitch unplayable;
    The day of the match, the referee has sole responsibility in calling the game off for an unplayable pitch, I will usually take into account the wishes of the grounds-man (he know his pitch better than anyone) but it is MY call – none else’s;
    The referee returns the match card to the league;
    The league take whatever action they deem necessary, based on the referees report.
    Smile........ it confuses people

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I can feel your frustration but the league fixes games and the refs are appointed. The LDMC guidelines are that if a pitch is unplayable the home team must make contact with the fixtures secretary before 12 noon on the sat, the fixtures sec then tries to contact the ref and the away team. If the home team makes no contact before 12 the game goes ahead unless the ref calls it off.

In relation to referees not turning up to games, this is a diciplinary issue for the referees society and the league can only pass on the complaints from ourselves and clubs.

You must understand that the referees are a totally seperate body from the LDMC, and in the same way that a team needs players to play, the refs need refs to ref, in the case of this weekend the Ladies games that were scheduled were allocated referees by the society and as all ladies games need 3 officials this ruled out 3 ldmc games for each ladies game. So where do we get more refs?? we are trying to come to an agreement regarding the playing of ladies games on a sunday but this is slow going and the ladies have as much right to play as us. Its a big bad complicated world that cant be sorted with black and white views.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    An off topic question for anyone whos knows....but why do ladies need three officials for matches?
    18 times, and that's a fact.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by larrywhite View Post
    An off topic question for anyone whos knows....but why do ladies need three officials for matches?
    I think that this originated when ladies games first started, they were far and few between and were fixed at times that never clashed with other leagues so it was possible to have a ref and two linesmen (all teams would like the inclusion of linesmen) but now that they are encroaching on other leagues this will need to be revisited.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think that this originated when ladies games first started, they were far and few between and were fixed at times that never clashed with other leagues so it was possible to have a ref and two linesmen (all teams would like the inclusion of linesmen) but now that they are encroaching on other leagues this will need to be revisited.
    is this not between the referees and whoever organises the ladies games. can the ldmc get involved - the referees could tell you to get lost?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soccer Lover View Post
    is this not between the referees and whoever organises the ladies games. can the ldmc get involved - the referees could tell you to get lost?
    They could but contrary to popular belief the referees in Limerick are just as interested in making sure as many games take place as anyone else.
    The issue with the ladies is actually between the FAI the ladies and the LDL (LDMC)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hey Dave. Since you didnt bother showing up again even though we were playing 50 yards from your house, the score yesterday was 1-1. Missed a hatful of chances in the first half and it came back to bite us in the ass. Yogi scored a lovely goal. Best chances missed were by Yogi and Colin.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I have seen quite a few of them playing against our A team this season and last and I can tell you they would wreck your head with the amount of moaning on the pitch. Goes for most teams in 1A in fact including our own. As for the players there are very few outstanding players in 1A. Most teams would have one or two handy players and the rest steady eddies. I thought our As would be certs for relegation this season but having seen them improve and others in the division dont look good at all I think they will come 6th or 7th again. Not bad for only their second season in the division. Main thing is to stay there.
    your playing with a b side and your slagging off 1a teams.........what division u in 4b......... the lot of ye on this thread should concentrate on your own division.....i know things got very sloppy on the 1a thread a few weeks back but that happens most threads cause u are always goona defend your team if someone has a go at them........

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I didnt slag off anyone in particular and didnt mention Wembley. Like most others in this thread Im sick of reading the bitching between the wembley, caherdavin and whoever else and couldnt be bothered talking about them. Some of ye are just waaaaay to paranoid to be allowed near a message board.

I was merely stating my own opinion on the standard of teams and players in 1A after being asked by someone else.

And I dont play...i look after our B team in 3B (this is a 3B thread) and had been invloved with the A team for quite a few years before last season so I have seen almost every game our A team have played over the past 6 or 7 seven seasons from 2A to 1A including all this season.

By the way, this thread has nothing to do with Wembley or 1A so its obvious you are just trolling as usual looking for a response.***************

------------MOD EDIT:Keep your posts civil and the language filter is there for a reason.
    Last edited by the 12 th man; 09/10/2006 at 2:00 PM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Go handy children.

A lot of you know me but I would rather stay quiet. Shels and old keeper will guess who i am alright.

I did my tendons 5 weeks ago on my right ankle and I am out for another few weeks. I missed the Dromore V Shels game.. I was raging as I enjoyed playing against ye last year.. its always good to play against old teams. Hopefully I will be back the week after next.

After reading this thread:
    Yes Dromore are a very clean side we are not dirty as are Shels and most of the teams. There a lot of 'experienced players' like myself who are getting too old to run and we play for the love of the game.

We are doing rubbish this year as we have 6 new players.. our captain retired and one or two left to go to other teams so we are really suffering and I think we have lost three out of our first 4 games. Thats our season basically over.

Croom are very good lads. We held them for the first half but they are young and fit and left us in the second half. I gave away a stupid penalty (totally my fault) to make it three one. With so little games this season we are finished in the league. Croom will win it i have no doubt at all.

Oh.. and you are talking about Yogi?? Most selfish and over-rated I have ever played against. Ye would be twice the team if he passed the ball and tried not to beat 6 players every time he got the ball. He is pure ratty as well. Colin is a good player. He knows me too. Tried to get me to join two years ago but Yogi was the reason I didnt!!!

Refs: If you think the match is not fit to be played then call it off.

Leagues. To yer man in the committee... can ye please please increase the lower division sides??? We have a total of 12 league games this season... 12 like... we have 4 matches played and a third of the season is over? Thats demorilising for us. Please have a think and maybe make 3 divisions out of 3A, 3B, 4a and 4B and make 3A, 3B and3C?? This will give us all more games.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I didnt slag off anyone in particular and didnt mention Wembley. Like most others in this thread Im sick of reading the bitching between the wembley, caherdavin and whoever else and couldnt be bothered talking about them. Some of ye are just waaaaay to paranoid to be allowed near a message board.

I was merely stating my own opinion on the standard of teams and players in 1A after being asked by someone else.

And I dont play...i look after our B team in 3B (this is a 3B thread) and had been invloved with the A team for quite a few years before last season so I have seen almost every game our A team have played over the past 6 or 7 seven seasons from 2A to 1A including all this season.

By the way, this thread has nothing to do with Wembley or 1A so its obvious you are just trolling as usual looking for a response.

MOD EDIT:Keep your posts civil and the language filter is there for a reason.
    relax bucko

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    There will always be slagging between teams lads relax and dont take thngs so seriously!! Ye could be out injured like me!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hey Poloman,

Sorry got a bit miffed with yer man alright. As others will tell you they have ruined the 1A thread with their bitching and then he comes in here where lads are having proper discussions and tries to stir it up.

As you said there are plenty of guys out there who just want a game becuase they love the game and maybe are not as good/young/fit/slim as they used to be. Theres no need for others to come in here and slag them off.

Anyway welcome to the thread/site. As regards us, Colin is a good player alright. Has had a slow start this season. I put this down to not playing every week along with having to work evenings every second week. As for Yogi, who doesnt know him!!! Can be very frustrating but sets up a fair amount of goals for others.

As you said the 32 teams in the bottom 4 divisions should be formed into 3 divisions. Also should have a cup for those divisions while FAI/MFA is going on. If a clubs A team is in any of these divisions then they should have the option of entering FAI/MFA or the 3A/B/C cup.

Thanks to some ridiculous rule that requires 3 officials for ladies games it means it would be impossible to arrange friendlies for these free weekends as there are no referees available. There were 3 games in 3B cancelled yesterday due to the non availability of referees. How many were called off in Premier/1A/1B? The higher division teams are playing every week so its very unfair on lower division teams who are lucky to have games 2 weeks running to then have one game cancelled.

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast