Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Last Friday... an appreciation

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last Friday... an appreciation

Last Friday night, City played some of the best football I have witnessed in my 10+ years of supporting them. The first 45 minutes, they were stunning. Georgie's goal was an absolute fantastic strike. I think there are various (footballing) factors in the great football we are seeing this season in the cross.

1) The central defence arent hoofing the ball.
    2) Alan Reynolds in midfield is superb at spreading the play, and bringing players around him into the game, a bit like Patsy Freyne (can there be higher praise).
    3) The 2 lads up front have so much skill. I just hope George doesnt get his legs broken for pulling the **** out of some defender some day
    4) The team spirit. To see John O Flynn with a t-shirt message to Napier was a great touch.
    5) Like it or not, the manager has to get credit for this. I say fair play to Gunther for spotting and signing these lads, and getting them to play the attractive football we are seeing at the moment.

I dont want this to turn into another Gunther argument, rather an appreciation for the good times

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Of the home games only seen shels & glenmore but with the big crowds (except for the bar stollers on friday) & opposition players starting to get sent off is like the champagne fooball when Pats pipped us for the title.

I wonder are the away sides wary of city now & strating to defend deeper & therefore playing into citys hands?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Sounds like I picked teh wrong time to go on holiday! i heard it was magic on Friday - surely this is the time to get behind EVERYONE...including Gunther. Ali G, I forgot your mobile number - can u mail it to me before Friday so i can get the score from the Bohs game? Hotmail address is liamherrick@hotmail
    Cheers
    Mick D. for Ireland!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thumbs up How the Wanderers say it

official Bray site

Although i didn't see the game report reads a lot better than what the national media usually serve up.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by pete
    but with the big crowds (except for the bar stollers on friday) & opposition players starting to get sent off is like the champagne fooball when Pats pipped us for the title.
    was just thinking that too. The cross is becoming a fortress again!
    The football was wonderful, the athmosphere was great- what more do we want. Gunther just said on chorus a little while ago that a few of the lads had those t-shirts- glad to see a team spirit. Also, both Georgie (tra la la la la) this week and Greg last week were interviewed on chorus and said they appreciated the crowds and the athmosphere, so CHEERS lads, nice to know we're appreciated!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Also, if you look at the City 16 players on duty last Friday night, 14 of them are Corkonians. Good to see and helps as regards pride and team spirit I'm sure.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by Casegrande
    Also, if you look at the City 16 players on duty last Friday night, 14 of them are Corkonians.
    Who are the foreigners-get them out