Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sligo Rovers Vs. Cork City latest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

Sligo Rovers Vs. Cork City latest

Predictions lads? Many fans coming up for this?
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I'd settle for same score last time we played in Sligo.

I think 20+ fans travelling... Tuesday night reducing numbers a lot.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Formerly: wild rover
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    I'd settle for same score last time we played in Sligo.

I think 20+ fans travelling... Tuesday night reducing numbers a lot.

i heard ye have 2 buses so should be more than that...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    Predictions lads? Many fans coming up for this?
    Definitely not as much as there would be if it were on a Saturday thats for sure. Midweek football sucks.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face View Post
    Definitely not as much as there would be if it were on a Saturday thats for sure. Midweek football sucks.

true....it would be a different story if ye were top probably though!

should be a good game....big crowd hopefully too on our part

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    hopefully there will be a good crowd from cork, will only add to the atmosphere....and they do have a good support to be fare and would create a good atmosphere!! its great bein back to the dark nites isnt it....hate playin in the daylite(well its fior the 2nd half anyway)!!!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Devine
    Horgan Murray Bennet Murphy
    O'Donovan Gamble O'Brien Woods
    Fenn O'Flynn

Long cross headed in by O'Donovan. 1 nil City!
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    jammy *******s!

in fairness though ye didnt deserve to win tonight and im sure the cork fans that were at the game will agree with me. if we continue to play like ye did tonight i cant imagine you'll win anything definetely.

ah well, football its a funny old game...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Red&White Rover View Post
    in fairness though ye didnt deserve to win tonight and im sure the cork fans that were at the game will agree with me.
    Yeah, 0-3, you were robbed, we nicked a jammy win in the 89th minute!

According to reports, apart from O'Grady hitting the bar, you created nothing of note from all your posession.
    Doesn't sound to me like you could have matched the 3 goals if your were still playing...

You'll get turned over by Derry and Shels again and end up right back down the table. You're in a false position at the moment and everyone knows it.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    In relative terms we are having a better season than ye & yes we most likely will get turned over by Derry & Shels in the league but so will Ye & we'll be happy with a mid table finish this season, Will you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peadar View Post
    Yeah, 0-3, you were robbed, we nicked a jammy win in the 89th minute!

According to reports, apart from O'Grady hitting the bar, you created nothing of note from all your posession.
    Doesn't sound to me like you could have matched the 3 goals if your were still playing...

You'll get turned over by Derry and Shels again and end up right back down the table. You're in a false position at the moment and everyone knows it.
    Oh my god, ffs. Wasn't at the game but yet still thinks he can comment on it. All of what you've said there is total ****e Peadar, nothing new their I suppose!
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Oh my god, ffs. Wasn't at the game but yet still thinks he can comment on it. All of what you've said there is total ****e Peadar, nothing new their I suppose!
    I think he has as much right to believe reports from the match which don't state we were jammy compared to the one report that comes from a Sligo fan saying we deserved nothing.

Your own website say you were taught a lesson.
    It's only just begun...............
    If the last 21 years were class, here's looking forward to the next 21 years. It is our time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dricky View Post
    I think he has as much right to believe reports from the match which don't state we were jammy compared to the one report that comes from a Sligo fan saying we deserved nothing.

Your own website say you were taught a lesson.
    Did you actually read the match report on our website? Or just the heading? If you'd have read it, you'd see it says we dominated the first half.

The only "lesson" Cork taught us was to take yer chances when you get them cos that's how they got three points. 3 good chances=3 goals. Cork did not deserve anything from the game, weather you believe that or not, I couldn't care less. I was at the game, were you? If not, how can you comment on it?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Did you actually read the match report on our website? Or just the heading? If you'd have read it, you'd see it says we dominated the first half.

The "lesson" Cork taught us was to take yer chances when you get them cos that's how they got three points. 3 good chances=3 goals. Cork did not deserve anything from the game, weather you believe that or not, I couldn't care less. I was at the game, were you? If not, how can you comment on it?
    I think if you read it again it says that it was a game of two halves,

It was a tale of two halves, with Rovers playing the way you’d expect Cork to play at their best, with creativity, movement and plenty of flair in the first forty five. But the experience and clinical finishing of the reigning league champions coupled with the Bit O’Red’s failure to sustain the promise of the first half that sealed the points for Cork.

Sligo have been winning of late........ However, the second half is one they’ll want to forget, a reality check

Despite Rovers going in search of an early goal, it was Cork who took the initiative after only ten minutes

Rovers stepped up the pace immediately playing a slick passing possession game that created half chances

Cork must have said a couple of novenas in the intervening period as Rovers had two gilt-edged chances to draw level on thirty seven minutes
    Rovers lost their rhythm somewhat and apart from a couple of snapshots from Chris Turner they didn’t trouble the Cork goal in the third quarter.

It got worse for Rovers in the seventy sixth minute

Rovers fell flat in the closing minutes

Now explain to me how that is jammy??? The word dominate isn't ecven in it, you are dreaming.
    It's only just begun...............
    If the last 21 years were class, here's looking forward to the next 21 years. It is our time

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Sligoman - I was at the game , does that qualify me to comment ????
    Must say , your attitude here ,and on the city site is a stark contrast to the friendly ,warm intelligent football fans I met and shok hands with last nite .Very aggressive ,and very very wrong in your opinion of the game .I'm not going to repeat them ,I already added them to the Thread on the Sligo forum
    The lunatic is on the grass
    Remembering games and daisy chains and laughs
    Got to keep the loonies on the path

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    All of what you've said there is total ****e Peadar, nothing new their I suppose!
    Is moderator boy going to try and ban me again?
    You've had an easy run of games and your position flatters you.
    We've not lost to Shels in a long time so I doubt that will happen at TX (which is where our only remaining game v them is)

You're entitled to be biased but to say 0-3 was a jammy result for us takes some fair amount of tunnel vision.

We "should" have beaten Waterford, we "should" have beaten Derry and we "should" have beaten Pats. We didn't though, because we didn't take our chances, so we only took one point from those games. We took 3 points from you because we're a better team than you.

Even when you play out of your skin, you can't score against us, not to mention beat us! You're hovering around the level of Pats and Bohs but you'll finish below both of them this season.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redgav View Post
    Sligoman - I was at the game , does that qualify me to comment ????
    Must say , your attitude here ,and on the city site is a stark contrast to the friendly ,warm intelligent football fans I met and shok hands with last nite .Very aggressive ,and very very wrong in your opinion of the game .I'm not going to repeat them ,I already added them to the Thread on the Sligo forum
    were you the dude staying on pearse road??

even our manager said it was a lesson..it was a lesson in compusure and a lot of other things....we'll be back though...we cant achieve everything at once...it will take time

well done to the cork fans.nice group of fans..i admire bahrons although you shouldnt have jumped on the pitch and not giving the ball back is pretty pathetic.....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wild rover View Post
    were you the dude staying on pearse road??

even our manager said it was a lesson..it was a lesson in compusure and a lot of other things....we'll be back though...we cant achieve everything at once...it will take time

well done to the cork fans.nice group of fans..i admire bahrons although you shouldnt have jumped on the pitch and not giving the ball back is pretty pathetic.....
    No that wasn't me , I went back straight after the game but I know the lad you're mean.

The Ball thing was a **** take , 2 lads had a game of keepie uppie for 3 or 4 seconds untill a Rambo steward went in swinging,harmless laugh and I didn't see anyone on the pitch !!?? Poor Foy was terrified to come over near us over the hamberger jibes and asking did he roll the pitch

What I saw of ye last nite , Connor has ye playing decent football , good in possesion and fast passing,and that lad up front and the Singh fella are very good players ,likewise O'Grady .Key will be can ye hold on to them all though and get quality additions .Good to see a decent crowd as well ,believe me ,there was more at that game last nite than there will be at our next away ( on a friday) ,must say though , it was a very quiet home crowd.I hope ye stay up for a while ,as I said earlier , ye'll bring more to the league than some of the dublin teams currently there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redgav View Post
    No that wasn't me , I went back straight after the game but I know the lad you're mean.

The Ball thing was a **** take , 2 lads had a game of keepie uppie for 3 or 4 seconds untill a Rambo steward went in swinging,harmless laugh and I didn't see anyone on the pitch !!?? Poor Foy was terrified to come over near us over the hamberger jibes and asking did he roll the pitch

What I saw of ye last nite , Connor has ye playing decent football , good in possesion and fast passing,and that lad up front and the Singh fella are very good players ,likewise O'Grady .Key will be can ye hold on to them all though and get quality additions .Good to see a decent crowd as well ,believe me ,there was more at that game last nite than there will be at our next away ( on a friday) ,must say though , it was a very quiet home crowd.I hope ye stay up for a while ,as I said earlier , ye'll bring more to the league than some of the dublin teams currently there
    thats loud for our home crowd.....we only sing when we're winning really

foy wouldnt have been terrified..he is used to that.....didnt have the best of game last night

they were good at the headers in fairness but i still didnt like it..when ye scored i saw a couple of them on the pitch...not very important anyway i suppose....

hope we stay up for a while??? ha ha...we're here to stay...the title is ours before the end of this decade

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wild rover View Post
    thats loud for our home crowd.....we only sing when we're winning really

foy wouldnt have been terrified..he is used to that.....didnt have the best of game last night

they were good at the headers in fairness but i still didnt like it..when ye scored i saw a couple of them on the pitch...not very important anyway i suppose....

hope we stay up for a while??? ha ha...we're here to stay...the title is ours before the end of this decade
    Not being smart , but when I said I hope ye stay up , a decade was the type of time span I meant, and your comment is similar to one I got on here from a harps fan after we beat them in Ballyb last season ....Yer doing well,playing good football, with a manager who looks like he wants football played properly...sadly for you ,he'll be in demand

I definatly don't remember anyone being on the pitch when we scored ,baring in mind we'd not scored in 5 games ,so the relief would have been huge ,but deffo not remember anyone on the pitch,up at the barrier yes

I'm gutted that the game was last nite tho , the original saturday date would have meant a huge City crowd ,even had a bus ready to go myself but too great a distance on a tues nite unfortunatly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast