Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Sheffield Wednesday in possible buyout

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Sheffield Wednesday in possible buyout

Apparantly Ricky Hatton's promoter Dennis Hobson has put together a consortium of Wednesday fans (please not Tango Man) to possibly buy out the club from Dave Allen. According to Hobson's people they would be able to provide Paul Sturrock with "a war-chest of millions" to return Wednesday to their former glories. They are also interested in getting Ron Atkinson and Chris Waddle involved in the club at some level. Dave Allen says he'll wait to see their proposal in paper before commentating (isn't what he said a comment though?)

Don't know what to make of this to be honest. Obviously I'd love Wednesday back where they belong, and I'd also like to be shot of Dave Allen asap, but saying he'd like to get Big Ron on board worries me a bit. The only poisition I could think for him would be some sort of director of football, and I think that would cause more harm than good to be honest. As regards to Waddle I agree with what Hobson has to say about it being madness that a legend like Chris Waddle could be living on Hillsborough's doorstep and we don't make use of him in some fashion, even as a spokesman or something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I always like Wednesday, don't know why but I'd love to see them as a top club again. Very comparable to Aston Villa IMO in that there is a big fan base but very little success.
    Top Breeders recommend drinkfeckarse....