Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 65 milion for Dalymount

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Galway Harps View Post
    I'd say if Bohs have the 4 million income they'll be allowed to allocate 65% to the playing budget.
    But the 4 million isnt turnover. I thought the wage cap was 65% of turnover?

I know nothing about business......Can anyone clarify?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Trader View Post
    Fare Play to you, now you can realise your dream of buying Shams with all this money turn them into a feeder club relegate them to the first division. Then buy their players nearly exclusively from Kilkenny City and er wait they have managed to do this themselves ! No but best of luck with this windfall.
    You're obsessed with Rovers no doubt. This from a club that brought in dozens of nobodies from england for years with the net result of years in the first division.

As regards boez believe it when I see it. Shame Dalymount will be lost but boez getting rewarded for letting the place fall down.

KOH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Rather it was falling down rather than it being sold out from underneath us years ago
    Kom Igen, FCK...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Hoop View Post
    You're obsessed with Rovers no doubt. This from a club that brought in dozens of nobodies from england for years with the net result of years in the first division.

As regards boez believe it when I see it. Shame Dalymount will be lost but boez getting rewarded for letting the place fall down.

KOH
    We are alos getting our reward for setting our club up right from day one and buying our own ground. No doubt we have let Dalymount fall down, but our luck now is down to how we formed ourselves. Shame some clubs only learnt that recently.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ******** where's my time machine?

You didnt always have ownership of it.

KOH

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,529 Posts
    I guess it all depends on how the FAI access turnover. Certainly the 1 million in the form of sponsorship could be justly classed turnover, and for the rest they'll probably find away around the rules, if and when any are made clear.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    But the 4 million isnt turnover. I thought the wage cap was 65% of turnover?

I know nothing about business......Can anyone clarify?
    Any income is part of your turnover. So to put it very crudely, Bohs €4m plus their sponosrship, gates, fundraising etc = their turnover. So Bohs will have at least double, in most cases many multiples of the bankable turnover figure of other clubs, and will be able to afford much higher wage bills.

I agree with DCFCSteve, the thing I'd fear is that if Bohs start to splash the cash, even moderately, then it will unavoidably inflate wage demands across the league putting other top 5 or 6 clubs under pressure to pay big wages to compete for the quality players in the EL. This is what happened when Shels started paying big bucks recently, Bohs and others who tried to follow hit the financial $hit fairly rapidly, of course so have Shels!

It will be a big test to see if 65% wage cap enforcement stops clubs without huge €4m/year windfalls trying vainly to keep their top players and ending up in financial trouble.

Just when it seemed like the wages market was about to cool down as reality hit home with most clubs (I know almost every club was talking about cutting back wage bills for coming seasons) along will come Bohs with their big bucks and overheat the economy again.

Not criticising Bohs, at least they will have the cash to spend and are perfectly entitled to do so, unlike clubs recently who were winging it, but unless the 65% cap is enforced clubs will go bust trying to compete; while if the cap is enforced, it will see Bohs hoover up the top players (without even having to break the bank - unless they are seriously trying for the CL Groups) and dominate the domestic scene at a canter.

Bottom line is I don't really see how it will possibly be good for the domestic game as a whole, unless Bohs are gonna give cash handouts to the rest of us!!! In a league where clubs can only spend what they have coming in (as it should be) if one club has 3 or 4 times the income of the rest their dominance will not help anyone.

Good for Bohs, best hope the rest of us can figure out how to increase income (the hard way) to keep in touch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    - How has the value of Dalymount increased by more than 100% in a couple of months?

- What assurance has the developer been given that he definetly will get planning permission for whatever he wants to build there?

- What exactly does he want to build there?

- Have Bohs seen a feasability study for the planned development of the site?

- Does he already own (or plan to purchase) any land surrounding the stadium?

- If not, what kind of access is there? Very little at present anyway.

Given the problems that there have been surrounding the attempts to gain PP for the redevelopment of the shopping centre, I would say he has his work cut out for himself. Dalymount is an enclosed site, and any major plans for the place under than its redevelopment as a stadium, would require significant frontage onto the main road, ie. the shopping centre. Without this there is no visual aspect to the place, making it totally unappealing as an apartment development, and completely usless as a commercial development.
    Ireland: Discovered!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manic da hoop View Post
    -
    Given the problems that there have been surrounding the attempts to gain PP for the redevelopment of the shopping centre, I would say he has his work cut out for himself. Dalymount is an enclosed site, and any major plans for the place under than its redevelopment as a stadium, would require significant frontage onto the main road, ie. the shopping centre. Without this there is no visual aspect to the place, making it totally unappealing as an apartment development, and completely usless as a commercial development.

frontage would only be a deal breaker to a commercial/retail use property developer, largely irrelevant to an apartment developer, the access from teh surrounding lanes is more than enough for these guys - sure how do a couple of thousand ppl get into dalymount on matchdays? not an issue. this type of lad would build in ure back garden if u closed the curtains for five mins, pack em in and pack em in as high as u can get away with

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    The idea of physically getting into the site may not be an issue, but from a marketability point of view Dalymount is not a particularly desirable location for apatments without the frontage, unless he's looking at a fairly low-spec development. If he is then I genuinely can't see how he can manage to get an adequate return on such a massive investment. Dublin City Council's requirements for high-quality inner city developments are getting stricter by the day. It is no longer a case of simply purchasing a speck of land in the city and squeezing whatever you can onto it.
    Ireland: Discovered!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The idea of physically getting into the site may not be an issue, but from a marketability point of view Dalymount is not a particularly desirable location for apatments without the frontage, unless he's looking at a fairly low-spec development. If he is then I genuinely can't see how he can manage to get an adequate return on such a massive investment. Dublin City Council's requirements for high-quality inner city developments are getting stricter by the day. It is no longer a case of simply purchasing a speck of land in the city and squeezing whatever you can onto it.
    I'm afraid the evidence of whats being built - even today goes against you here. I pass by at least 10 developments on a single stretch of road everyday - and Dalymounts location and access is the equal if not better than all of them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Manic - This is Liam Carroll we're talking about. This guy will make money from apartments on Dalymount. Don't worry about that. Incidentally, the same chap has just got PP for a massive apartment development not too far from Richmond Park.

Funnily enough, 3 of Dublin's "Big 4" clubs are now in bed with speculators/developers, the other one (that'll be Rovers for those down the back and/or Deceased FC fans) has already been burnt by the very same species of animal.....

KOH
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ffs WeAreRovers

EVERY property developer worth his name has PP on a plot near richmond park - have you seen inchicore /kilmainham area lately??!?!? Ive lost track of the amount of developments - its a building site

possibly the most overdeveloped - apartments wise area in the city (which actually wont help the case of many more being added especially as the largest open tract of land will have much more potential and city/state support (st michaels)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by higgins View Post
    May I remind you who the only team not to pay their tax bill are

We have been making a right balls of things this season but we have paid up. Until we cross the line then hold off on the moral sh!t.
    only because you have been served with TWO winding up orders

Bohs have a deal with revenue in place for almost 11 months now.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    - How has the value of Dalymount increased by more than 100% in a couple of months?

- What assurance has the developer been given that he definetly will get planning permission for whatever he wants to build there?

- What exactly does he want to build there?

- Have Bohs seen a feasability study for the planned development of the site?

- Does he already own (or plan to purchase) any land surrounding the stadium?

- If not, what kind of access is there? Very little at present anyway.

He has not outlined what he intends to do with the site. More than likely It will sit fallow for a while after we leave. He has said PP etc is his concern after he builds us the stadium. Once it is sitting empty etc the planners will want something done with it and he will probably get what he wants. He does not own the shopping centre, but who knows that may be his next target so at present he has little road frontage.

As for us in bed with property developers, I would not class it that way. We are selling, they are buying end of story. The deal won't go through for a few months as it will be with legal people on both sides. Our deal means we don't move until the new stadium is 100% complete so no risk there.

As a matter of interest, what do you reckon Milltown would be worth in today's market? We went to sell dalymount for €1m 20 years or so ago and the membership structure blocked it. Guess it turned out well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The biggest risk to this deal is a plummet in construction which seems to be on the way down real soon. House prices are already starting to level off in some places and are expected to plummet within 18 months max by 50% in some areas. Delta homes today announced that they are winding up and are laying off 180.

How are Bohs set up if this construction company goes bust - could Dalymount and Bohs be at risk if they enter a pre contract with them. I have a bad feeling about this as its smells rotten. I think Bohs need a good legal team if they don't want any risk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by finnpark View Post
    I have a bad feeling about this as its smells rotten. I think Bohs need a good legal team if they don't want any risk.
    How exactly does it smell rotten?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roverstillidie View Post
    the members of Boezzzz are involved
    How's Thomas Davis park in Tallaght coming along?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roverstillidie View Post
    good man. keep tempting fate, nothing can possibly go wrong with bull carroll and a stadium beside the airport (remember the eircom park baldonnell dialectic, and the kick and chase crap you play...) with all that money involved
    now now, jealousy will get you nowhere!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chippie0001 View Post
    We are alos getting our reward for setting our club up right from day one and buying our own ground.
    Let's be honest Chippie, the government bought the ground and gave it to Bohs
    False hope is worse than no hope. Ask Sligo.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast