Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: League Cup Semi Final

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

League Cup Semi Final

Whats the story everyone it's all gone very quite here, it's a massive game for us ,could keep our season ticking over nicely. Does anybody think we have a chance or what ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fc hammer View Post
    Whats the story everyone it's all gone very quite here, it's a massive game for us ,could keep our season ticking over nicely. Does anybody think we have a chance or what ?
    A much better chance than we had two weeks ago. It's going to be a massive game, a good vocal attendance and the underdog tag tend to do wonders for us at times so there's definately a chance.
    It's asking a lot though, Derry have been excellent this season. Can't wait though...
    Limerick 3:7
    "Marvel not that I said unto thee, ye must be born again"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    This is a though game for us and I expect a tight game on Wednesday. Some of our players look a bit tired at the minute and I would expect a few changes to our team for this game.

A few of us are travelling down but it is our first visit to Hogan Park so could someone be good enough to post up directions to the ground for me please. (travelling from Galway direction)

Are you guys expecting a good turnout for this semi-final?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Huge game, hard to judge our crowds, could be 150, could be 1500.

And lads, lets have a good reception for Stevo if he's playing. No boo boys, the mans a Limerick legend

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Foot.ie! Directions (badish ones)

Coming from Galway/Ennis, give yourselves 20/30 mins extra to get by Ennis, as it is a traffic bottleneck. Approaching Limerick come to first roundabout (Coonagh) take 3rd exit/right. Quarter of a mile…Next roundabout (Clondrinagh) take 2nd exit/straight. One and a half miles…Shannon Bridge roundabout take 3rd exit/right, onto dock road. Half a mile. Shell station on left, take immediate left onto “Long Avenue.” Few hundred yards come to novelty roundabout take first exit/straight (or 3rd exit for nice bar and food) Next small roundabout at Fennessys take 2nd exit/straight to traffic lights at Punches “X”. Take right turn at Punches and into left lane. 100 metres take left slip road at traffic lights (Speerins). Straight on through next traffic lights. (A) After next set of pedestrian traffic lights there is a blind turn right into an old housing estate (Rathbane) Take left or right and you will find a green area at the back of these houses for some unsupervised parking. No cars are allowed into ground on match nights. (B) Go through pedestrian traffic lights and through on left lane past next traffic lights to Roxboro shopping centre on left (Tesco) parking etc at rear of Tesco but not in front of or near Statoil/Steering wheel bar. Ground is only a 5 min walk from here and a nice local bar called the spotted dog is also within a 5 min walk also. Ask anyone for directions and to any site and you will not be let down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    And lads, lets have a good reception for Stevo if he's playing. No boo boys, the mans a Limerick legend
    I can't think anybodywould even think of giving him anything but a good reception. He'll probably get a better reception than some of the lads in blue.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Mr.O'Flynn deserves a warm reception and I'd be surprised if he receives anything other than that.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    Mr.O'Flynn deserves a warm reception and I'd be surprised if he receives anything other than that.
    I'd second that. I'd even say that Derry City themselves and their supporters deserve a warm reception for both their exploits in Europe and the class of their support which is always top notch.
    Limerick 3:7
    "Marvel not that I said unto thee, ye must be born again"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thelimerick View Post
    I'd second that. I'd even say that Derry City themselves and their supporters deserve a warm reception for both their exploits in Europe and the class of their support which is always top notch.
    Not to mention the good reception we got at the play-off game and letting us win the league cup the previous time we were up there.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC in Exile View Post
    Not to mention the good reception we got at the play-off game and letting us win the league cup the previous time we were up there.
    I hope you've got a comfortable trailer for the eL blazers whose adjudicaton on the necessity or otherwise of a penalty shoot-out will be needed at half-time.
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    I hope you've got a comfortable trailer for the eL blazers whose adjudicaton on the necessity or otherwise of a penalty shoot-out will be needed at half-time.
    We'll have them well beat by then.