Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 158 of 229 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,160 of 4563

Thread: Aiden McGeady M Ayr Utd b.1986

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Not sure about that Geysir, by all accounts they rode their luck tonight. Similar happened in the CL, they won 0-1 @ Marseille, despite being under the cosh and they were taken apart at the Luzhniki. So they should be still on terra firma for the time being. They have ability going forward thats for sure though.

Funny enough, I thought during the game, that if they progressed and drew Liverpool, it could open up possibilities for Aiden. Liverpool need a genuine wide guy, and that he could be an option for them. What do I see on an internet trawl this evening? McGeady in Liverpool link.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    If it's not in the Daily Record I won't believe it.

3. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    Funny enough, I thought during the game, that if they progressed and drew Liverpool, it could open up possibilities for Aiden. Liverpool need a genuine wide guy, and that he could be an option for them. What do I see on an internet trawl this evening? McGeady in Liverpool link.
    And there is poor old Joe Cole getting splinters on the bench :-)

I really hope that McGeady has at least another season or so in Russia or if a move is going to happen that its to mainland euorpe.
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    Now that that nice coach Van Gaal is due to depart Bayern, they could be in the market for a decent winger by the start of next season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Great to see an Irish player prosper on the continent and better himself. For too long our players have failed miserably outside their British comfort zone. Hopefully he will get another big move and go from strenght to strenght.

On yerself Aiden.
    I think I should the parachute, because I'm great.

In fact, I think I should get both parachutes, in case one doesn't work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,326 Posts
    More reports about the link with Liverpool and Juventus in the papers today
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Much rather he went to Juventus rather than play muck ball with Liverpool.
    There is no such thing as a miracle cure, a free lunch or a humble opinion.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergie's Son View Post
    Much rather he went to Juventus rather than play muck ball with Liverpool.
    I'm taking it from your username that you're a United fan. I'm a Liverpool fan myself but first and foremost I support Ireland and I wouldn't want Aiden making a bad move.

Liverpool under Kenny are a club on the up and they are beginning to look like a team again with inventive players like Suarez and Meireles. I think Aiden would do well at Anfield. Juve on the other hand are absolutely atrocious at the moment in the once great Serie A.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
    I'm taking it from your username that you're a United fan. I'm a Liverpool fan myself but first and foremost I support Ireland and I wouldn't want Aiden making a bad move.

Liverpool under Kenny are a club on the up and they are beginning to look like a team again with inventive players like Suarez and Meireles. I think Aiden would do well at Anfield. Juve on the other hand are absolutely atrocious at the moment in the once great Serie A.
    He could do well with Anfield but it's a bit much to suggest Liverpool are on the way up and Juventus on the way down. Both are big clubs going through difficult spells, it's far from clearcut which would be the better move

Having said that I doubt anything will come of this. The Russian transfer window being open is extending the window for speculation so it's natural he was linked elsewhere but the Liverpool links in particular just seem a reaction to the Juventus links, which were in turn a reaction from the Zenit links, based on the Spaletti link. I'd assume he's going nowhere at the moment and that's no harm from an Irish point of view.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Unfortunately, I only caught highlights of McGeady playing for Spartak. If he's played as well as reported then I'm optimistic. Unfortunately highly technical players like McGeady live and die by the tactics thrust upon them.

Without reservation, McGeady, 100%, has played like **** for Ireland, he runs at people, closes down his own space, gives his own players no oppurtunites. Ask anyone who's played with him and they are ****ed off. Its how McGeady was taugth the game. But hes 24 pushing 25 now and should be learning.... Not every pass in the oppossition half has to result in a goal.

I'm willing to believe that Trap give McGeady a carte blanche with regard carrying the ball. But I'm not willing to excuse either. If McGeady starts vs Mcdna, w wl lse. Gntd
    Last edited by Closed Account; 13/03/2011 at 4:40 AM. Reason: Ran out of vowels Carol

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungle View Post

I wholeheartedly disagree. Liverpool aren't on the up more than they have been stabilized. They have next to no money and may not feature at all in Europe next year. A team that was overrun by West Ham and Bragga aren't on the up.

Like you though, I'm an Irish fan first and foremost and if Aiden went there then I'd become. Fan. I just think both he and we could benefit with a player in Serie A.
    There is no such thing as a miracle cure, a free lunch or a humble opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by therock67 View Post
    He could do well with Anfield but it's a bit much to suggest Liverpool are on the way up and Juventus on the way down. Both are big clubs going through difficult spells, it's far from clearcut which would be the better move

Having said that I doubt anything will come of this. The Russian transfer window being open is extending the window for speculation so it's natural he was linked elsewhere but the Liverpool links in particular just seem a reaction to the Juventus links, which were in turn a reaction from the Zenit links, based on the Spaletti link. I'd assume he's going nowhere at the moment and that's no harm from an Irish point of view.
    I agree he should stay where he is. He's only played something like half a season there and as it is things are going very well. He's getting regular football, being paid well and both the fans and management are very happy with him. Why should he move to Liverpool or Juve when he appears to be enjoying his football. Let him at least stay a few season in Russia; he's still only 24 and has enough time to go to a "bigger" team.

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergie's Son View Post
    I wholeheartedly disagree. Liverpool aren't on the up more than they have been stabilized. They have next to no money and may not feature at all in Europe next year. A team that was overrun by West Ham and Bragga aren't on the up.

Like you though, I'm an Irish fan first and foremost and if Aiden went there then I'd become. Fan. I just think both he and we could benefit with a player in Serie A.
    You should watch baseball a little bit more!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    As a Celtic fan I can say his development stopped while playing under awful managers Gordon Strachan and Tony Mowbray who played a boring style of football and had poor players playing around him who weren't on the same wavelength as him. It's good for him now playing around more technical players who will have the same fast minds as him. I knew he would come on big time as a player because in terms of ability he has it more than any Irish player.
    Last edited by TiocfaidhArmani; 14/03/2011 at 9:09 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Spartak thumped 4-0 in league opener on Monday. McGeady was suspended after the red against Dinamo.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    Last edited by The Fly; 15/03/2011 at 10:06 PM.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    ..TBC
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received