Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 95 of 229 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 4563

Thread: Aiden McGeady M Ayr Utd b.1986

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    who tho? eirebhoy posted a thing a while back maby on another site about how celtic players earn more than for example aquilani earns with roma.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    Hardly likely that anyone at Celtic is earning more than Aquilani, Italian salary caps have more holes than a strainer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    I love the way the article refers to Strachan as the real reason Celtic have won whatever amount of titles in a row. Some of Strachans dealings in the transfer market have been championship manager-esque (and not in a good way).

Hopefully McGeady gets out of there. It will be the only positive solution.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    It sounds like McGeady is one of those players who have gotten a few seasons under their belts and now believes his own hype. I know he is only young, but this year he seems to have realised he is a "footballer" and is beyond criticism. His career can go 2 ways now.

1) He keeps going the way he is headed now, believing he is better than he is and throwing strops and will end up at a mid table/low level club like middlesborough or wigan. Having the odd good game, but generally just plodding along

2) He has a word with himself, gets his head down and works hard at becoming the player he could be.

Neither of these are dependant on him staying at Celtic

But no matter who you are, having a go at your manager in front of the rest of the team when he comments on how poor you were, is not something you should ever do. If you feel you are being treated harshly, wait and have a word in private. The manager has to keep control of the whole squad. If Strachan had let McGeady away with it and said nothing, how would he handle the next time if Samaras, or Hartley has a go back??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weldoninhio View Post
    It sounds like McGeady is one of those players who have gotten a few seasons under their belts and now believes his own hype. I know he is only young, but this year he seems to have realised he is a "footballer" and is beyond criticism. His career can go 2 ways now.

1) He keeps going the way he is headed now, believing he is better than he is and throwing strops and will end up at a mid table/low level club like middlesborough or wigan. Having the odd good game, but generally just plodding along

2) He has a word with himself, gets his head down and works hard at becoming the player he could be.

Neither of these are dependant on him staying at Celtic

But no matter who you are, having a go at your manager in front of the rest of the team when he comments on how poor you were, is not something you should ever do. If you feel you are being treated harshly, wait and have a word in private. The manager has to keep control of the whole squad. If Strachan had let McGeady away with it and said nothing, how would he handle the next time if Samaras, or Hartley has a go back??
    Hope you are wrong but my bet is on (1).
    Honest! I am not a secret Tim nor a closet Sham - I really am a Seagull.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhoops View Post
    Hope you are wrong but my bet is on (1).
    Do you ever have anything positive to contribute in this thread?

Just seems like you enjoy having a dig at him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanner View Post
    Delighted and hope he disappears into [FONT=Helv][SIZE=2]obscurity along with the posts of his Messiah status. Maybe he's seen the light and he'll sign for an eircom EL team
    How very apt your Handle is
    Tact is for people who are not witty enough to be sarcastic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weldoninhio View Post
    Not sure I would agree with that.

Strachan and McGeady have simply never seen ‘eye to eye’ and there has been tension between the two since Strachan replaced Martin O’Neill in 2005. Strachan certainly seems to have a dislike for Aiden, for whatever reason?

Things seem to have come to a head this season, starting with Strachan banning McGeady from attending the video debriefing after the 4-2 defeat by Rangers and then dropping him from the starting line-up for the next couple of games, thus giving the impression that McGeady was responsible for the Rangers defeat (Which was simply not true).

I think the bust up after last weeks draw with Hearts, is the culmination of previous events and will probably lead to McGeady leaving Parkhead. (A good move for McGeady, as far as I’m concerned)
    Last edited by co. down green; 18/12/2008 at 10:46 AM. Reason: .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I have been keeping quiet on Mcgeadygate to be honest but to answer some ppl's queries about Mcgeady and Stachan, Strachan does not like him at all, there are quotes of him saying Mcgeady should be hung drawn and quartered (re his decision to play for Ireland) they hav never got on, and the death of Tommy Buurns whos served as a buffer between the two has hit Aiden hard.

I see ppl making negitive coments about Aiden Mcgeady on this tread, to you who I assume are Ireland fans I will say this, U are ungrateful swine, a player of such talent and you r intent on running him down??
    He is the most exciting player since Damian duff to pull on an Irish jersey, a flair player which we are seriously short n in our team and all hegets for it is critisim from idios who don't know a talant when they see it.
    Last edited by Mcgeady46; 19/12/2008 at 10:38 AM.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    Usually I am for the little man in these situations but Strachan has that card in a permanent vice grip grasp.

Trap has persisted with playing McGeady for the 90 minutes and is well pleased at his attitude. We all know Trap likes a smile on a player who also follows instructions.

It looks obvious that McGeady needs to move. You suspect that even if McGeady took his punishment on the chin and tried to win back his place, Strachan is not mature enough to deal with him objectively but remembers grudges with a vengeance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts
    It's obviously hard to be critical of a guy who's won a number of titles in a row, but I'm not sure I really respect Strachan as a manager that much. He rarely gives young players a chance, and relies on financial dominance over everybody but Rangers.

He persists with some pretty mediocre defenders, and seems to lack the man-management skills of world-class managers.

McGeady never comes across as an arrogant guy- if anything I wish he had a bit more of an attitude as I think it would really help him become an even better player.

Some players need a pat on the back from time to time, and I think McGeady is one of those guys.

There is a time for discipline, but not after a f*cking draw!

McGeady was probably the most important player in Celtic's title win last season. To treat a guy who has served you so well only a season ago with the humiliation of criticism in front of his teammates after a draw seems a bit much.

Factor in McGeady's injury situation, and Strachan's behaviour seems even more absurd.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    560 Posts
    Would Strachan manage a club to league titles anywhere but the goldfish bowl that is the spl and he has been lucky that for most of his time in scotland rangers have been low on readies and not blessed with great managers either.Walter Smith is probably better than either McLeish or Le Guen and i am pretty sure that he(Smith) has a very good record against Celtic in the old firm matches since returning.

Strachan's record as a manager in England was pretty average and though he has won league titles he has not convinced a lot of people that he is a good manager.As I have already said Rangers have not put up a great battle during Strachan's time.
    What had Strachan achieved as a manager before coming to Celtic and I do not believe that he will achieve a lot after leaving Celtic and I for one would not be too upset if Sunderland or another club managed to prize him away from Celtic.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    From what I know of McGeady he doesn't seem to have an attitude. Strachan's dislike of him is fairly well known. Trapp, who is not exactly Mr. warm and cuddly, seems to like McGeady which suggests that he doesn't have an attitude. I think it's time he left Celtic and got on with his career. I am always delighted when he pulls on the Irish jersey.
    There is no such thing as a miracle cure, a free lunch or a humble opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcgeady46 View Post
    I see ppl making negitive coments about Aiden Mcgeady on this tread, to you who I assume are Ireland fans I will say this, U are ungrateful swine, a player of such talent and you r intent on running him down??
    He is the most exciting player since Damian duff to pull on an Irish jersey, a flair player which we are seriously short n in our team and all hegets for it is critisim from idios who don't know a talant when they see it.:mad:
    You may be right, and I hope you are.

But the question us doubters have is when is he going to show this talent and excitement in an Irish jersey??? He hasn't done so yet!!!
    Honest! I am not a secret Tim nor a closet Sham - I really am a Seagull.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhoops View Post
    You may be right, and I hope you are.

But the question us doubters have is when is he going to show this talent and excitement in an Irish jersey??? He hasn't done so yet!!!
    Exactly right, I've yet to see him play well for Ireland, I hope he turns out better than Pele but on the evidence I've seen of him in a green shirt I fear not

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    He needs a new club quickly.

He's pretty much already in the "had potential, never really delivered" pile with all the previous hyped Irish youngsters who never made it.

A new club and regular football might be the spark he needs to save his career from mediocrity.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    With that reckoning, that would leave Pat McCourt in the never even been mediocre yet, hardly even got close enough to have a whiff of being mediocre.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    well its all relative tbh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    I hope Aiden gets his much speculated move in January, he has the talent to play for a big club in the bigger European leagues and deserves his shot at the big time. I admire him for having picked the country of his heritage to play for and thus having to endure the consequences - these being the vile sectarian/ethnic abuse levelled at him at most away grounds in Scotland and in his private life by all accounts. He is one of our own and an attack on him in this way, is an attack on us.

Unfortunately the same fate awaits young James MacCarthy. He has already started to receive this treatment and he too will have to show similar courage in the face of adversity. The sooner both leave Scottish football the better.

They should be embraced by us all for their decision - it shows considerable bravery for people so young.
    Last edited by The Fly; 21/12/2008 at 5:18 AM.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    560 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fly View Post
    I hope Aiden gets his much speculated move in January, he has the talent to play for a big club in the bigger European leagues and deserves his shot at the big time. I admire him for having picked the country of his heritage to play for and thus having to endure the consequences - these being the vile sectarian/ethnic abuse levelled at him at most away grounds in Scotland and in his private life by all accounts. He is one of our own and an attack on him in this way, is an attack on us.

Unfortunately the same fate awaits young James MacCarthy. He has already started to receive this treatment and he too will have to show similar courage in the face of adversity. The sooner both leave Scottish football the better.

They should be embraced by us all for their decision - it shows considerable bravery for people so young.
    These young lads deserve great credit for their decision to play for Ireland and while this does not absolve them from critism from Irish football fans it should be remembered that the lads deserve some backup against the sectarian sections of Scottish " society"

It is very surprising to me how come the scottish nation does not question itself over the situation it finds itself over these players.