Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 115 of 229 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 4563

Thread: Aiden McGeady M Ayr Utd b.1986

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    i have seen players like mcgeady go for cheap price, samir nasri playing in a better league and a better player than mcgeady was only like 8 million i remember.

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    If he has any ambition whatsoever he'll be a man and move to away from the SPL, which is a league in serious decline after the television money debacle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishultra View Post
    i have seen players like mcgeady go for cheap price, samir nasri playing in a better league and a better player than mcgeady was only like 8 million i remember.
    Nasri has been very average since he joined Arsenal and looked every bit of an 8 million pound player

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    What has Aiden left to prove in Scotland and sadly for now at least it is a league in decline.

Opportunities to go to the top leagues do not come all the time.

I believe if a player is confident that he can make it he would want to take the opportunity.

A lot depends on the players personality/ambition and so on. And if the move takes place a bit of luck does not hurt either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by carloz View Post
    Nasri has been very average since he joined Arsenal and looked every bit of an 8 million pound player
    dont think a broken ankle has helped the kid.. i'd judge him moreso over the rest of the season and the next

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    10 million for McGeady?? He definitely isn't worth that. Considering that Liam Lawrence kept him off/is keeping him off the Irish team that would make the Stoke City sub worth how much then??

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapAPony View Post
    10 million for McGeady?? He definitely isn't worth that. Considering that Liam Lawrence kept him off/is keeping him off the Irish team that would make the Stoke City sub worth how much then??
    Im a fan of Liam Lawrence but he wouldnt be capable of some of McGeadys perfomances in the Champions League
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    576 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    Im a fan of Liam Lawrence but he wouldnt be capable of some of McGeadys perfomances in the Champions League
    no but he might deliver a decent final ball....
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapAPony View Post
    similar to the comparison with Stephen Hunt, Lawrence has spent the majority of his career in the lower divisions, whereas McGeady has played and scored in the Champions League, and won Player of the Year and league trophies at Celtic
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer82 View Post
    according to the official SPL stats (from http://www.scotprem.com/content/defa...cs&category=20 ) McGeady has the second most assists in the SPL this season
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer82 View Post
    like the one he put in for Celtics equaliser against Rangers last week!
    You are right though, his crossing is way too inconsistant at the moment but I do think he is starting to improve in that.The Celtic fan part of me wants him to stay at Celtic but realistically for him to improve I think he has to be playing with and against better players every week so the time has come for him to move

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yapster View Post
    McGeady is not worth 10mil ffs, as for his growing profile with Ireland? So S.Hunt must be worth 12mil then cos Hunt has done more in an Irish shirt than McGeady, which says a lot about McGeady.
    Whatever Hunt is worth, McGeady is worth at least double. McGeady is a fantastic talent who will have an outstanding career with Ireland.

Unless, of course, you value running around headless & getting sent off in crucial games.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    He turned the game against Georgia for a start - put them entirely on the back foot with his attacking display.

And the point being is that he will only improve - unlikely Hunt will.

And why do you think Hunt is valued at about £3m and McGeady at least double that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy Garcia View Post
    He turned the game against Georgia for a start - put them entirely on the back foot with his attacking display.

And the point being is that he will only improve - unlikely Hunt will.

And why do you think Hunt is valued at about £3m and McGeady at least double that?
    Stephen Patrick Hunt (born 1 August 1981 in Portlaoise, County Laois)

Aiden McGeady (born 4 April 1986 in Glasgow)

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    And your point ? Everyone bore in 1981 is worth £3m or less - not so. More to the point do you know what Hunt was worth when he was 24 - a time when there was much more money in the game and inflated prices?

Yapster - I was answering your criticism that McGeady had done nothing for Ireland. Regardless of Georgia's qualities this was one game we were not going to win & McGeady turned it. You seem to want to undermine him for some reason.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    like the one he put in for Celtics equaliser against Rangers last week!
    You are right though, his crossing is way too inconsistant at the moment but I do think he is starting to improve in that. The Celtic fan part of me wants him to stay at Celtic but realistically for him to improve I think he has to be playing with and against better players every week so the time has come for him to move
    I'm of a similarly positive disposition as you Razor, but I'm afraid that ball was about the only decent final ball he put in in about 15 attempts! His ability on the ball and facing a direct opponent is top class, but has crossing and shooting was awful, and his first touch clumsy when it counted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    I'm of a similarly positive disposition as you Razor, but I'm afraid that ball was about the only decent final ball he put in in about 15 attempts! His ability on the ball and facing a direct opponent is top class, but has crossing and shooting was awful, and his first touch clumsy when it counted.
    yeah I know, that is why I did say that his crossing was way too inconsistant at the moment.Theres no doubt there are areas of his game that he needs to improve but for me there is no doubting his talent

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy Garcia View Post
    And your point ? Everyone bore in 1981 is worth £3m or less - not so. More to the point do you know what Hunt was worth when he was 24 - a time when there was much more money in the game and inflated prices?
    You asked why McGeady is worth more than Hunt. Age is certainly a factor.

Hunt was worth peanuts at age 24, but at age 27 he was worth at least five million according to this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen...)#cite_note-14

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbert Report View Post
    You asked why McGeady is worth more than Hunt. Age is certainly a factor.

Hunt was worth peanuts at age 24, but at age 27 he was worth at least five million according to this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen...)#cite_note-14
    Five million peanuts is a lot.
    Did you ever notice that in every painting of Adam & Eve, they have belly buttons. Think about that...take as long as you want.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by strangeirish View Post
    Five million peanuts is a lot.
    yum I like peanuts

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    yeah I know, that is why I did say that his crossing was way too inconsistant at the moment.Theres no doubt there are areas of his game that he needs to improve but for me there is no doubting his talent

That about sums it up.

His crossing is very inconsistent, but the stats prove his assists tally is consistently high. They are generally from crosses or threaded through balls. So, his final ball can be good but needs to be good more often.

McGeady more often than not tends to go for the little dink type cross, gently floated in to the box. I sometimes wonder whether the 'whipped in at speed' type cross (whether low or high) would be a better option? Its the type of cross that Hunt would favour, Im not sure there is any more accuracy in it or can be deemed a 'better final ball', but it certainly gives the impression of being a better final ball and can cause defences to panic more.

His shooting/finishing is really awful for a guy with his skill. He needs to spend some time with a Henrik type figure (not Robbie, in my book at least) or equivalent and try and learn some of the coolness and art to finishing. Even Darron Gibson could give him some pointers on long range shooting.
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew