Page 103 of 229 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 4563

Thread: Aiden McGeady M Ayr Utd b.1986

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcD View Post
    McGeady does waste an awful lot of good situations but to be fair he gets in these situations more than others. Also he does look for teh ball and awful lot and he does have what giles would call moral courage. He is an out ball and generally keeps a hold of it for longer than most of our players. I think he will be a big loss on Wed night as he has playled in Champions league games away from home and has way more experience than Keogh does and Keogh will be out of position.

Is McGeady frustrating yes but he is better than Hunt or Keogh on the wings. He has worked hard too at tracking back and he does this very well.
    I could always see McGeady was a very naturally talented player, but was left frustrated, as you mentioned above, when he lost possession in situations that required a simple pass etc. Although he can also play in a more central role, behind the strikers, which offers another option for how a manager could play him (he would be even more suited to this role if he would hit the gym and bulk up a bit).

The first time that I have watched him in an Ireland shirt and not been frustrated, was against Georgia. Here I thought he was outstanding and definitely deserved a goal. He won the man of the match award for his intelligent runs cutting into the centre and down the wings; good crosses and passes; and he wasn't afraid to test the keeper either.

He is still young, and constantly gaining more experience, maturity and discipline, to accompany his obvious technique. He will turn into a class act!
    Last edited by The Bunk; 03/04/2009 at 4:16 PM.
    "Do you know what the plural for Pussy is? ... it's Pussai! ... Jimmy tought me that"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    574 Posts
    Scores a well taken goal for Celtic today in a 4-0 victory over Hamilton A.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Played well, many pundits suggesting he was MOTM (I personally thought he was just ok). He took his goal very well, made some great runs but also made a lot of poor choices in terms of overcarrying the ball, not releasing a square pass when strikers were in on goal etc... Still a goal always helps the confidence!!
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Good to hear he's playing well, but he needs to stop being the big fish in a small pond if he is ever going to fulfill his true potential.

I'll be bitterly disappointed if he's still plying his trade at this sub-standard level next year.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    No doubt you'll be eagerly awaiting the departure of Foley in the summer too?

Did ya catch the game on Weds? I believe The Fiddlers had it on. (St Kents, Fallowfield also showed it for future reference!) I managed to see it in an Irish boozer in Cologne.

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    No doubt you'll be eagerly awaiting the departure of Foley in the summer too?

Did ya catch the game on Weds? I believe The Fiddlers had it on. (St Kents, Fallowfield also showed it for future reference!) I managed to see it in an Irish boozer in Cologne.
    Haha, Did think about Foley when I was writing that post - but am quietly confident that he'll be playing his trade at a higher level with us, rather than without us.

Watched it down O'Shea's in the end on a dodgy Italian connection. Reminded me of watching the Germany game down there the way the place erupted when the goal went in. Good to see you got to see it and cheers for the recommendations.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elroy View Post
    Im not the biggest fan of McGeadys and he had a largely ineffective game the other night but I dont think the lad was match fit and apparently he picked up a knee injury that got worse as the game went on. Looks unlikely to feature on wed by the sounds of it.

It wont be long before you are tho!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    574 Posts
    McGeady is continuing his run of good form by scoring and receiving the MOTM award for Celtic tonight in a 4-0 hammering of Falkirk.
    O'Dea also scores in the ninetieth minute.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    574 Posts
    ^ The goal was a real cracker too!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Highlights here. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/7991066.stm

I didnt make it up to the game but the commentator here suggests McGeady was the star of the show yet fails to show any footage to support this, apart from his very well taken goal. 2 goals in 2 games for him, he really does need to improve his shooting and scoring ratio, hopefully he can kick on from here in this respect and bring it to Sofia in June!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    Highlights here. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/7991066.stm

I didnt make it up to the game but the commentator here suggests McGeady was the star of the show yet fails to show any footage to support this, apart from his very well taken goal. 2 goals in 2 games for him, he really does need to improve his shooting and scoring ratio, hopefully he can kick on from here in this respect and bring it to Sofia in June!!
    not available outside uk. there is meant to be a law that prohibits that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    Goals online here: http://www.eighteen88.com/mcgeady/ai...0e21289f6.html
    Picture quality isn't great though
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Good goal By Aiden and Darren O'Dea seems to be one of those centrebacks that has a good eye for a goal.

All good news for Ireland.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    I keep forgetting about O'Dea as a potential CB or LB for Ireland. When he first got on the scene a couple of years ago he mucked in with a couple of goals, I recall one good volley at Motherwell I think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I wouldn't consider him for left back (any decent winger would cause him problems) but he'll definitely make it at centre half imo.

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    What kind of money is McGeady on up at Celtic? Surely he'd make more in the Premiership, even with a smaller club. I don't see what he has left to prove in the SPL. No disrespect to the Scottish and Celtic supporters on here but I think he's long overdue to a move to the big playground. I'd love to see how he gets on with a team like Wolves or Everton.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbert Report View Post
    What kind of money is McGeady on up at Celtic? Surely he'd make more in the Premiership, even with a smaller club. I don't see what he has left to prove in the SPL. No disrespect to the Scottish and Celtic supporters on here but I think he's long overdue to a move to the big playground. I'd love to see how he gets on with a team like Wolves or Everton.
    No way he should move to Wolves, Everton would be a good option as they are a big club, but like I said about Duffer too he is too good for Wolves
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    How come McGeady was dropped on saturday? He seemed to have been playing regularly for Celtic. I don't watch much Scottish football but he appeared to be in good form and made a difference when he came on imo.

Is the row with Strachan still on or is he just off form?

Good to see O'Dea start too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    noone really knows, and Strachan is refusing to say why Maloney started his first game in ages ahead of McGeady.

O'Dea was caught badly in the second half that could have led to a second goal, but Boyd's shot was fairly straightforward for Boruc to deal with
    Willo Flood on the bench too
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Conspiracy theorists would have you believe Strachan has let the dust settle on their spat last January and now is edging McGeady out.

It seems ludicrous that Maloney (who has been out most of the season) with just a few minutes of football in recent weeks would be introuduced ahead of an in form McGeady in what was basically a 'must not lose' game. I couldnt believe it and neither could any Celtic fan with me (not all of which are big McGeady fans). Though its not the first time Strachan has made some curveball decisions - Koki Mizuno was started for the last Rangers game out of the blue.

Can anyone tell me why O'Dea was subbed for Naylor? was it an injury? I hope it wasnt tactical seeing as we needed to score a goal at that point!!