Page 50 of 229 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 4563

Thread: Aiden McGeady M Ayr Utd b.1986

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmurphyc View Post
    EB, how come most Celtic fans don't like Kerr?
    Rangers fan.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy View Post
    From my experience most Celtic fans can't stand Brian Kerr so BigmanCas's views are no surprise.

I don't see anything wrong in what Kerr said. He seems very positive about McGeady. He's the most knowledgeable and tactically astute manager we've ever had imo but Trap is obviously going to take that title.

"his annoying accent"

Jesus that's one thing that really annoys me. You're not allowed have a Dublin accent on Irish TV. Make sure you don't hear me so.
    EB - 'the most knowledgeable and tactically astute manager we've ever had'??????? Are you for real????? Is that the reason why clubs were beating down his door for his signature after he got the sack by FAI? South Africa didn't even give him an interview. If he is such a sage, why is he not in a job???? You can hardly call his 'job for the boys' at St Pats counts. IMO he is a clown.

As far as accents go, I will retract that statement.

I am not a Celtic Fan for the 20th time!!!! Just an aware Irish Fan. Why can most Celtic Fans not like Brian Kerr??

It is easy to rave about Mc Geady at the moment? Do you not think?

EB - Your talkin rubbish IMO.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    McGeady sets up Vennegoor for Celtic's first goal with a cross with his left from the edge of the box.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    He set up Celtic's 3rd with a nice little inside pass for Hinkel. His 13th assist of the season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts

Cool

does barry robson appear to give one hell of a long backward glance as he replaces donati

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Samba Sven's on Aid mission

MANCHESTER CITY boss Sven Goran Eriksson is lining up a couple of veteran Brazilians — and an audacious move for a talented Irishman.

He has made inquiries about Celtic's attacking midfielder Aiden McGeady, a contender for the SPL's Player of the Year award. But Celtic are desperate to hold on to their gem and would only be prepared to listen to offers over £12million.

Eriksson is confident that he will land at least one of his two Samba targets.

He is getting ready to make offers to Lyon's dead-ball expert Juninho, 33, and Arsenal midfielder Gilberto Silva, 31

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/1702_in_off.shtml
    Last edited by eirebhoy; 17/02/2008 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Link added, that was easy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Man City have been tracking him all season it seems.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    "his annoying accent"

Jesus that's one thing that really annoys me. You're not allowed have a Dublin accent on Irish TV. Make sure you don't hear me so.
    Who are you on telly EB?

I like Kerr's accent. And I'm a culchie. I also quite liked him as a manager and I'm a Celtic fan so I guess I'm not really fitting in on this issue.

McGeady got the stadium announcer MOTM yesterday. It wasn't him at his most mesmerizing by a long shot, but just shows that when everything isn't coming off for him he is still a threat, creates chances, and is one of the top performers on the park.

His crossing is an interesting one. 99% of the time its a chipped or dinked ball to the penalty spot with little pace on it as he's after doing a bit of skill on the edge of the box and crosses it in from a relatively static position. By contrast Hunt and Duff would be more inclined to hare down to the byeline and whip in a ball across the face of goal for Doyle or Keane to attack. Its good we have these differing options out wide. Keeps the opposition defence on their toes.
    The dude abides....

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Kerr's Ireland were as tactically astute as the Olsen's Norwegian team that qualified for about 3 or 4 finals, they would come out in the second half to defend a 1-0 defeat.

The next test for McGeady is to do it for Ireland in a competitive game when we still have a chance of qualifying.
    It will be interesting to see what Trap makes of him and what role he sees for McGeady.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    It will be interesting to see what Trap makes of him and what role he sees for McGeady.
    He'll leave him out for a few games despite being Barcelona's most effective player next season, picking Paddy McCarthy in his place and it'll be what turns Dunphy into Trap's biggest critic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    THIS is a tale of father and son and it begins at the McGeady family home on the southside of Glasgow and with a video tape that in 10 minutes tells you so much about the making of Aiden McGeady.
    It was filmed in the early 1990s when he was eight, when he sat before the camera of aspiring film-maker and friend of his dad's, Malcolm McKissock, and spoke about his life's dream, how he would like to play for Celtic (and then for Liverpool), how he loves John Collins and Pierre van Hooijdonk (because they take great free-kicks) and how great his dad is (because he's there all the time and watches him play).

There is glorious footage of the boy performing on a red dirt track in the Gorbals, a slow motion film of him weaving his way through the traffic of a seven-a-side game for the Govanhill Cubs, a slaloming run and a thing of beauty that finishes with him rolling his foot over the top of the ball to deceive the goalkeeper before calmly passing into an empty goal.

Then there is John, the father. John is on the film, too. But he's not looking to the promise of tomorrow like Aiden. He's thinking about the what-might-have-beens of his past. He's talking about his own time in football, his departure to Sheffield United at 16, his terrible homesickness, his five years as a winger and his injuries that left him with a busted knee-cap and a broken career in his mid-20s. Mostly, he is talking about his father, about the problems they had, about the lack of interest he displayed in John's own football life. When you connect it to the close bond between himself and Aiden, the poignancy and relevance of it is obvious.
    more...

Reserves
    Punta Arenas, Puerto Montt & everywhere in between
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    McGeady says he wud like to play in spain, probably more suited to playin in spain than england.

www.skysports.com

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    A move to Spain could be good for him. I'm so sick of our players just playing in Britain. He could learn a lot under a good coach in Spain.
    My concerns are global. I reject absolutely revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method, is love. I love you Sheriff Truman.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,310 Posts
    I think the Spanish game would suit him really well. More time on the ball, more emphasis on intelligent movement, not to mention not getting kicked repeatedly by the opposition.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    There's no better place to learn your trade though. The Spanish league would be a breath of fresh air for him after playing in the SPL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Its funny but i'd say that there's a few of our lads playing in the UK now that would thrive on the continent - Andy Reid, McGeady, Ireland, Duffer, Keane to name a few. I think they'd all have the technical ability to do well over in Spain or Italy...
    "Well I think they'll be a little disappointed with that" - Matt Holland on TV3 after 5-2 drubbing by Cyprus

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Andy Reid would be the player I'd most like to see play in Spain or Italy. When he's given space he's really class.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Andy Reid would be the player I'd most like to see play in Spain or Italy. When he's given space he's really class.
    Yeah, if he went there he could improve a lot. It's frightening how good he could be. As much as I hate the term he really is someone I hope Trapattoni builds his team around.
    My concerns are global. I reject absolutely revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method, is love. I love you Sheriff Truman.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Messi:
    "Aiden McGeady is a fast and skilful winger and someone I rate highly.

"We will have to be very careful with him because his movement can be special and he has a great ability to appear in goalscoring positions out of the blue. I really like the way he plays football. He is a natural talent, who can create a brilliant piece of play in the blink of an eye and I can assure you our defenders will be paying very close attention to him.

"He'd be successful anywhere in Europe but I know he likes playing for Celtic so I'm not sure he'd leave."

I doubt he knows all that much about him really. I don't think he tends to find himself in goalscoring positions out of the blue anyway.