Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 229 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Aiden McGeady M Ayr Utd b.1986

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    He seems to have built himself up physically a bit over the summer, which is good as last season he was looking a bit too lightweight.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    SPL Young player of the month
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Poor enough in tonights Champions League game. Trying a few things but very little coming off.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Very much so!! I don't get to see him much and was very disapointed...

Saying that, I was impressed with O'Shea when he came on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    He looked like he had a ton of bricks on his shoulders tonight. I wouldn't mind if he just couldn't beat his man but every simple pass he tried was woeful. I hope he's not going to be affected by confidence throughout his career.
    Last edited by eirebhoy; 13/09/2006 at 11:05 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Yip, he was very poor tonight..
    But then again he got very little support
    very little played through midfield...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    thought he was alright in the first half, but very poor in the second half. Mind you, Maloney who replaced him wasn't much better, did Fergie order Fletcher to stick to McGeady to negate him?
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Mc Geady was awful, he made no impression at all. O'Shea, however looked very composed and caught the eye, made at least 15 passes and only one went astray. He also made a very physical challenge on Saturday in the game against Spurs, maybe the penny has finally droped??

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mountie View Post
    Mc Geady was awful, he made no impression at all. O'Shea, however looked very composed and caught the eye, made at least 15 passes and only one went astray. He also made a very physical challenge on Saturday in the game against Spurs, maybe the penny has finally droped??
    Agree, McGeady was disappointing. O'Shea looked every inch a central midfielder, unlike Thomas Gravesen unfortunately! I still think O'Shea's days as a central midfielder for United will be limited, but how poor was Carrick last night?
    Last edited by Stuttgart88; 14/09/2006 at 8:15 AM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    I worry about Mc Geady. It' s all well and good looking top class against the sh**e that play for Inverness and St Mirren and the like but he needs to do it at a higher level if he's to be any use to us in Internationals.

I hope he doesn't waste his career at Celtic. I'd like to see him try to get a move to even an average Premiership club whereby he could play at a decent level week in and week out rather than just the odd game in the Champions league.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I thought Maloney looked good when he came on. Mc Geady was rubbish though. O Shea has had good games for Utd before but when he plays for Ireland he is a disaster esp in centre mid. Most frustrating player in the Irish squad in my opinion.
    In Trap we trust

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,679 Posts
    Is Staunton still a coward for only picking McGeady as a sub in Stuttgart?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Stan made a sound valid justifiable brave decision keeping McGeady in reserve on the sub's bench.
    With hindsight maybe he could have come on after 65mins.
    If McGeady is as fragile in confidence as Eirebhoy says then no harm to be patient with him.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    McGeady did have poor game last nite but he's still a young player and is learning, i still think mcgeady would be our best choice to start right wing against cyprus.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    mcgeady was brutal lads
    first time ive had a good look
    seemed unduely nervous in possession
    he'll have better days but far from ready to save the irish midfield
    be realistic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by youngirish View Post
    I worry about Mc Geady. It' s all well and good looking top class against the sh**e that play for Inverness and St Mirren and the like but he needs to do it at a higher level if he's to be any use to us in Internationals.
    It had nothing to do with the opposition. It's not as if he was marked out of the game, he just couldn't even pass to a teammate. I've never seen him that nervous. I don't think McGeady should be making his first competitive start for Ireland at Lansdowne as I can't see him doing well (until he gains the confidence of the Irish support). At the same time, I think he'll be 10 times the player when he plays United in Celtic Park.

If McGeady stopped reading what fans are saying on internet forums maybe he wouldn't be so nervous.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think a few people should realise what McGeady is about before judging him. He's a very intelligent passer of ther ball and likes to pick out forwards clever runs. Last night Celtic played 1 big man up front on his own, when McGeady got the ball there was absolutely no movement in front of him. I agree however that he had a bad night, but that definitely does not mean he's a bad player. Made his CL debut against none other than AC Milan and was outstanding that night, so much so that they ended up doubling up on him. Stan should definitley started him as he's 10 times better than Kilbane.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmozza View Post
    I think a few people should realise what McGeady is about before judging him. He's a very intelligent passer of ther ball and likes to pick out forwards clever runs. Last night Celtic played 1 big man up front on his own, when McGeady got the ball there was absolutely no movement in front of him. I agree however that he had a bad night, but that definitely does not mean he's a bad player. Made his CL debut against none other than AC Milan and was outstanding that night, so much so that they ended up doubling up on him. Stan should definitley started him as he's 10 times better than Kilbane.

no he's young and inexperienced and lets the occassion get to him (he will get better).
    passed to the touchline twice last night with a team mate in an easy position to receive a pass - in a nutshell justifying stans insistence in going with experience in Stuttgart

you cant take risks in certain away games and mcgeady at present is a risk

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Ya wasnt too impressed last night, although Ive heard enough good reports about him not to judge him on last night. Am gonna try and catch as many of their CL games and see how he gets on overall. They have copenhagen at home next so you would expect him to do well there.

On O'Shea, he always puts in a solid performance for Utd in midfield but when it comes to playing for us, he seems to lose all composure and confidence.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Celtic's other winger, Nakumura, has also been great for Celtic, however he was brutal last night apart from the goal. I feel this was also due to the lack of movement up front. Everytime he got the ball he was either coming back or giving it away. I think this backs up what I said about McGeady, and I think it's a valid point that there was no one to hit. However I'm not naive enough to know this wasn't the only factor in why they had bad games, but it's an important one. Looking forward to seeing him prove a few lads wrong against Copenhagen!

Page 4 of 229 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast