Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 15 of 229 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Aiden McGeady M Ayr Utd b.1986

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    i think it would do wonders for some of our other players as well-imagine andy reid, mcgeady, duff playing in spain or italy-twould be grand, as i say.
    I

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by youngirish View Post
    Stokes has taken the SPL by storm and is proving that he's too good for the sh*te that plies it's trade up there but I still don't see Premiership teams lining up to sign him in January.
    http://www.eleven-a-side.com/boysing...p?newsid=25339

I'm biased towards the SPL but I'm suprised at how biased you are against it. I don't know if you live in Ireland but Stokes is well known over here by anyone with half an interest in football. I don't think Stephen Elliott was getting such reviews at this stage in his career even though he was getting plenty of goals. People do take notice of SPL players whether you like it or not.
    Last edited by eirebhoy; 27/11/2006 at 10:38 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by youngirish View Post
    Yeah good one. Are you seriously telling me that it wouldn't be far better for Stokes and his future career options if he was banging in goals for a decent Championship team on loan as opposed to Falkirk? If so you're deluded.

Stokes has taken the SPL by storm and is proving that he's too good for the sh*te that plies it's trade up there but I still don't see Premiership teams lining up to sign him in January. If he was doing anywhere the same amount of damage to Championship defences there would be offers flooding in to Arsenal. Any statement otherwise is rubbish.
    Yes I am. You are welcome to think otherwise but I think you are clearly wrong. The kid is 18, he is on the books of Arsenal, whether he is on loan at Falkirk or Preston NE doesn't really matter, it is what he makes of the opportunity. You seem to think the guys at the Gunners are morons or something.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Reports in the media state that Aiden McGeady will ask for a 3fold increase in his wages to match those in the premiership when his contract comes up for renewal.

I'm a great admirer of Mcgeady but on what basis can he make such demands.

He's hardly what you'd call a regular in the first team.
    He's injury prone.
    He has yet to prove himself as a quality player in any shape or form.
    If he made a move to the premiership he would struggle to get a regular first team place with any of the top ten teams.

This smacks of greed and of being ill advised by cash hungry agents and could end up having a negative affect on his career
    I have a head only Snow White would love

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Come on. If you think the Irish media is bad you haven't seen anything. The Scottish media will do anything for a story. There wasn't one quote in this "article" in yesterdays Daily Record. The Record is the biggest rag I've ever read tbh.

Anyway, if he wants his wages trebled so what? You do realise he is currently going through contract negotiations which will probably last months. The max he's on atm is about £5-6k. If there's an agent out there that wouldn't be wanting Aiden's wages trebled than he ought to get a new job.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    fair point and well put but the point i'm making is that let him prove he's worth that increase first and then it would be justified but at the moment he cant get a starting place in the celtic line up and it's not beyond strachan to let him sit in the reserves regardless of how good he is - just look at pearson who in my opinion is no worse than mcgeady - he's been allowed leave - we'll see how many offers come in for him from premiership clubs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Yeah but it was Celtic that approached him about a contract extension. He hardly demanded this pay rise.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    He made a big difference v Hibs on Sunday when he came on. He is certainly a useful player to have in the side be it starting or not. What's he worth?...whatever a club is willing to pay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greendeiseboy View Post
    He's hardly what you'd call a regular in the first team.
    This guy has credibility.

McGeady was a huge part of Celtic's success in recent months, and it was only since his injury with Ireland that he has seen a more reduced role at Celtic, coming off the bench (to great effect) quite often.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan86 View Post
    This guy has credibility.

McGeady was a huge part of Celtic's success in recent months, and it was only since his injury with Ireland that he has seen a more reduced role at Celtic, coming off the bench (to great effect) quite often.

I'm not doubting the part he plays as i said i'm a huge admirer of mcgeady but the point i'm making and if you read all my comments fully is the fact that he has yet to prove that he is worth a wage that equals premiership players and by that i'm sure he's not looking to match sheffield utd, watford or wigan players - 5 or 6 good games in the SPL count for very little

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    I'm not doubting the part he plays as i said i'm a huge admirer of mcgeady but the point i'm making and if you read all my comments fully is the fact that he has yet to prove that he is worth a wage that equals premiership players and by that i'm sure he's not looking to match sheffield utd, watford or wigan players - 5 or 6 good games in the SPL count for very little
    In a previous season he impressed against Milan, and afterwards some of his opponents were complimenting his play.

He's not the finished article just yet, but I'd argue that he would make at least the bench of any Premiership team save Chelsea, and certainly the starting lineup for most of the teams in the second half of the table, and possibly a starter in teams of the lower top 10.

But opinions aren't going to bring this debate far, only time will tell how good he is, and how good he can become.

Hopefully he'll make a few people into believers in this Champions League campaign.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Stop believing what you read in the rags.
    Last edited by eirebhoy; 30/11/2006 at 11:57 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    greendeiseboy - Here's a perfect example of the Record twisting quotes:

http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=584429&postcount=1024

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Here's a recent thread on McGeady for those that want to see what the fans think:
    http://kerrydalestreet.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=40560

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    A few clips from the Aberdeen match:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGOMDcVY-Tc

In fairness, that video just makes him look like a headless chicken but he played well overall. Nice pass to Miller on 16 seconds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy View Post
    makes him look like a headless chicken
    shock
    Your Chairperson,
    Gavin
    Membership Advisory Board
    "Ex Bardus , Vicis"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinZac View Post
    shock
    Not really. Maybe for the McGeady of last season but he's a different player this season as you'd know if you watched him. He'll start tomorrow night if you're interested.

You're a Cork City fan and judging by your posts you have no interest in Ireland and hate Celtic. If there was a load of Celtic fans on the Eircom league board saying that Roy O'Donovan has no composure and is a terrible finisher I'm sure it would annoy many Cork fans. If you've no interest in Ireland then I don't see why you're posting here. Probably seen McGeady's name on the main foot.ie page and couldn't resist...
    Last edited by eirebhoy; 05/12/2006 at 2:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    How would Celtic fans have seen Roy O'Donovan play?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy View Post
    If there was a load of Celtic fans on the Eircom league board saying that Roy O'Donovan has no composure and is a terrible finisher I'm sure it would annoy many Cork fans.
    i'd be more confused than annoyed since he's wanted by bigger clubs than celtic purely because of his current good finishing.

i do have an interest in ireland, i attend as many games as a student based in cork can - mostly underage ones. i don't particularly hate celtic, i just despise people who are confused as to what country glasgow is in.
    Your Chairperson,
    Gavin
    Membership Advisory Board
    "Ex Bardus , Vicis"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    i'd be more confused than annoyed since he's wanted by bigger clubs than celtic purely because of his current good finishing.
    Mwah hah hah hah. Have a word with yourself.

That's Barcelona, Real Madrid and possibly Manchester United covered then. You may well think Roy O'Donovan's the best thing since, ooh, Kevin Doyle, but I'd be very, very surprised if bigger clubs than Celtic (i.e. the ones mentioned) are showing an interest in your man. Anyone else and your definition is so loose as not to count.

i do have an interest in ireland, i attend as many games as a student based in cork can - mostly underage ones. i don't particularly hate celtic, i just despise people who are confused as to what country glasgow is in.
    Do you feel the same way about Irish people who are passionate supporters of clubs in Manchester and Liverpool then?

PP
    Last edited by Plastic Paddy; 05/12/2006 at 3:31 PM.
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat