Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 4563

Thread: Aiden McGeady M Ayr Utd b.1986

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sullivinho View Post
    Duff is a very relevant comparison here, having set the bar for Irish wingers. And I agree, his wizardry was always, always about getting by the defender to deliver that ball. The dribbling was the means to that end. I'll never forget that Cruyff turn he pulled on the touchline at Lansdowne. While we admired the sublime trickery, Duffer admired the nice meadow he'd opened up for himself and figured how best to make 'em hurt. McGeady might well have taken a bow after the initial turn.
    I keep hoping he'll get out of Glasgow and come under the influence of a manager who'll stress the importance of end product, not least to his place in the team. At Celtic, he's the resident cabaret act.

duff is past it past dudes.he was a player in the world cup days and the blackburn days but hes passed it now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aidinho View Post
    That will be the same self belieif that Lawrence wants to enjoy then after he signs for us in the next few days, dont get me wrong hes awright at crossing but thats about it it.

The thing I dont get about yous is that you give a feck who plays for you even if they were from outer mongolia youd take them, well when Lawrence does sign expect him to be plying his trade in the SPL tae.

Fair doos the guy can hit a good cross but he he has no pace, no skill and I for one will not want him to sign for us which looks inevitable now.

It will be aiden on one wing and lawrence at right back.
    What? That post was incredibly hard to read. In summary I'm sure it was something along the lines of McGeady>Lawrence...which is complete nonsense.

duff is past it past dudes.he was a player in the world cup days and the blackburn days but hes passed it now.
    What about Chelsea where he won 2 Premier League titles? Forgot that did we?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Just watch the build up to our goal against France in Stade de France and tell me in all seriousness that Duff is completely past it.

There's another campaign in Duff - a far better option than McGeady right now.
    Quoting years at random since 1975

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    another new poster over-eagar to write off our best players?
    past his very best ok but has just had a great season with Fulham and a critical and invaluable player for us. still has a lot to offer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    if he's "past it" how come he was the top scoring midfield player in the 2009/2010 season?
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    Past his best, without a doubt...yet still twice as effective as McGeady. A sad indictment of his would be successor. At Aiden's age, Duff was playing the best football of his life and commanding a £17 million transfer fee on the strength of those performances. Not stagnating in some football backwater.

In his 30+ caps thus far, what would be Aiden's most memorable moment in your opinion? I genuinely can't think of one.

That will be the same self belieif that Lawrence wants to enjoy then after he signs for us in the next few days, dont get me wrong hes awright at crossing but thats about it it.
    Maybe the bhoys could enlist some mad Scottish scientist to merge Lawrence and McGeady into one player... Picture the scene: After tirelessly tracking back to retrieve the ball, McLawrence sets off on a mazy run. Feet working faster than Michael Flatley on a hot tin roof, he consigns six opponents to his rear view mirror before sending Celtic Park into stunned, silent admiration with a truly messianic sight... a bloody decent cross. The stuff of dreams.

7. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Aiden McGeady at Celtic is a bit like Theo Wallcot at Arsenal. Neither player has developed and are basically the same player that they were 3 years ago.

Certainly in Aidens case and maybe even in Wallcots case maybe a change of enviroment or a change of coaches is needed.

If the next Cetic manager cannot get Aiden to reach higher levels then maybe we must assume that Aiden is as good as he is going to get.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Aiden McGeady at Celtic is a bit like Theo Wallcot at Arsenal. Neither player has developed and are basically the same player that they were 3 years ago.

Certainly in Aidens case and maybe even in Wallcots case maybe a change of enviroment or a change of coaches is needed.

If the next Cetic manager cannot get Aiden to reach higher levels then maybe we must assume that Aiden is as good as he is going to get.
    agreed. he is continually a "future star." it will be interesting to see what trap does with all of the wingers we have; lawrence, duff, hunty, and mcgeady

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Duff & Lawrence have got to be the first choice wingers on the team sheet. I like Hunts commitment and energy but his technique is sadly missing. McGeady again has potential but he is not producing.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yapster View Post
    Duff & Lawrence have got to be the first choice wingers on the team sheet. I like Hunts commitment and energy but his technique is sadly missing. McGeady again has potential but he is not producing.
    duff is passed it and everybody knows it, as for Lawrence well hes got got a cross and hes pretty big which suits Trap, I hope to **** we dont singg lawrence and Lennon stops taking those tabs that he hinks Lawrence will be a player for us.

Sorry for my previios post about non Irish playing for Ireland as I was under the influence of all sorts of spirits and narcotics but the point remains why do yous stand for this granny rule? hof the ***** in your team have english accents and in McGeadys case Glaswegian.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    duff is passed it and everybody knows it, as for Lawrence well hes got got a cross and hes pretty big which suits Trap, I hope to **** we dont singg lawrence and Lennon stops taking those tabs that he hinks Lawrence will be a player for us.

Sorry for my previios post about non Irish playing for Ireland as I was under the influence of all sorts of spirits and narcotics but the point remains why do yous stand for this granny rule? hof the ***** in your team have english accents and in McGeadys case Glaswegian.
    oh dear...

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    oh dear...
    My thoughts exactly.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

are you drunk again razor?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Damien Duff played a pivotal role in both our WC qualifying campaign and Fulham's run to the Europa League Final. He scored 6 goals in the league and 2 in the FA Cup. I, like many others, thought he was done after leaving Newcastle but you have to admit he has proved the doubters wrong this past season and forced Hunt to wait his turn

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    As for Lawrence being a 'defensive' player: He's scored 21 goals in 105 games for Stoke. Record of exactly a goal every five games. McGeady has 31 goals in 185 appearances, or just under a goal every six games. Admittedly, one of Lawrence's three seasons for Stoke was spent in the Championship, but most people see the Championship as a step up from the SPL anyway... For such a great 'attacking' talent, McGeady's return is very sparse given how poor the SPL is. Lawrence would get into double figures easily with Celtic.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    I'm beginning to think there must be some sort of institution in Ireland housing illiterate mental cases, where as their treatment is nearing an end they are allowed onto the internet to ease their transition back into real life. Unfortunately it looks like www.foot.ie was drawn at random as somewhere for them to go.

19. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    The above adds further proof to the contention that if any Olympic event were to be staged in Scotland, it would have the distinction of the crowd failing the drugs test.
    Quoting years at random since 1975

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Kids nowadays...
    "Jacques Santini...will be greeted in every dugout of the country by "one-nil, one-nil" - Clive Tyldsley, 89th minute of France-England June 13, 2004.
    "Ooooohhhh Nooooooo" Bobby Robson 91st minute.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Aidinho, you'll have to accept that no matter how much you defend McGeady on this site(in that Glaswegian way of typing), most if not all posters on this site make up their own mind about players. So far, in an Irish shirt, McGeady has flattered to decieve. For all his pace and trickery, his end product has been far too often disappointing.
    However, most people who post here are genuine Irish supporters, and are fully behind McGeady every time he pulls on a green shirt. Is that not good enough? He needs to leave Scotland, history has shown that players improve by moving to a better league, which there is no doubt, the Premier League is.

Your other complaints of late seem to be that Paul Green and Liam Lawrence aren't good enough for Celtic. Thats fair enough, nobody here can prove any different. Lennon, Sutton, Hartson and Thompson weren't the greatest players in the world when they went to Parkhead but they played their hearts out for ye, and judging by Lawrence and Green(albeit briefly), so far in a green shirt, they certainly leave their full performance on the field. If your a true fan of Celtic, then you'll be fully behind them if they do sign.
    Similiarly, you say you won't support Ireland anymore because of our style. In an ideal world, we'd be playing the free flowing football of Spain at the moment, but we aren't. Get over it. If Ireland started playing like Rangers, then I'd still support them. Its not a choice and if you really want to support Ireland, it shouldn't be something you just turn off either.

Your last gripe was that Duff is passed it! This is incorrect, Duff is passed his best but is still far superior to most players on the Irish or Celtic team. If you can't recognise that, then there is no hope for you I'm afraid. And if this is someone huge elaborate Wind up, then you should probably find something better to do with your time.

24. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Just on Sky Sports News, Spartak Moscow have lodged a £8.3 million bid for McGeady
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

26. Thanks From: