Page 129 of 229 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,580 of 4563

Thread: Aiden McGeady M Ayr Utd b.1986

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Really? I read it as wise council from a man who knows the mindset of his players & knows that a move to Russia could be a disaster. Can't say I like the idea myself; he might as well move to Japan for all the culture shock he'll likely experience. It could really damage his confidence if it didn't work out, dangerous stuff for a "tricky" midfielder.

Also, the raging cynic in me wonders whether the FAI would be willing to pay for a player to be flown to/from Russia for every international game. It must be a real money saver that all our squad plays in England / Scotland.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    Basically Trap regards anybody under 40 as young
    But if that report is true that the Spartak coach denies even caring about McGeady one way or the other, then Trap could well be spot on.
    I fail to see how McGeady could be convinced to sign for Spartak for football reasons and that would be the main reason he would look for to go there.
    Trap may well have it right that it is a tough place where even the coach doesn't give a sh'it about a £10m price tagged player coming around looking for a reason to sign, wondering about how the coach sees him or his potential.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    564 Posts
    I'd be happier if he went to Villa. Though it would be a big step up in football terms at least he should not have too many difficulties settling in there.

Man City are just being a bunch of cheapskates.

Fancy not just tossing 30 mill to Villa for Milner.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    Basically Trap regards anybody under 40 as young
    But if that report is true that the Spartak coach denies even caring about McGeady one way or the other, then Trap could well be spot on.
    I fail to see how McGeady could be convinced to sign for Spartak for football reasons and that would be the main reason he would look for to go there.
    Trap may well have it right that it is a tough place where even the coach doesn't give a sh'it about a £10m price tagged player coming around looking for a reason to sign, wondering about how the coach sees him or his potential.
    McGeady is very confident in his abilty/ego so he would not give an eff about what Trap thinks as this guy prefers Lawrence over him who is clearly not as good as Aiden, My Dad drinks in the same quarters as McGeadys father and he is totally astounded that Lawrence gets picked ahead of McGeady and most other Irish punters in that pub think the same way and are questioning why Trappatoni got another stint for yous.

Maybe the FAI can't afford to pay him off but the guy is nearly 80 noo, so why did he get another contract after failing to get yous to the world cup and by all accounts the **** still lives in Italy.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosby87 View Post
    I cant believe there aren't any Prem teams with a little cash that would take a run at him and make it work for both sides....
    What about Sunderland or something like that. Wolves even.
    did Wolves no just buy the Irish dumber than pig **** Stephen Hunt wae the permed hair who thinks hes ****ing Ronaldinho when stepping up to a free kick?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Réiteoir View Post
    McGeady is gash though

Makes Gareth Farrelly look like Ronaldinho
    McGeady is quality mate and has mer skill in his right or left toe than your lot combined.

Russia will canter this EURO 2012 qualifying campaign any.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts
    1. Trap turned a group of fairly average players into a very difficult team to beat. Not get
    2. Lawrence has delivered more in terms of product than McGeady has. This doesn't change the fact that McGeady has a much higher ceiling.
    3. The people who hang out with McGeady's dad are probably not the best people to evaluate his abilites. Of course they'd side with McGeady over a Stoke squad player...
    Eirebhoy's "We Love You" Chant. RIP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7UfSbASyrQ

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aidinho View Post
    McGeady is quality mate and has mer skill in his right or left toe than your lot combined.
    How come he can't get a cross past the first defender then? Skill is about more than parlour tricks, which is why Duff is technically a far better player than McG.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aidinho View Post
    My Dad drinks in the same quarters as McGeadys father and he is totally astounded that Lawrence gets picked ahead of McGeady and most other Irish punters in that pub think the same way and are questioning why Trappatoni got another stint for yous.
    Leaving aside the merits of McGeady over Lawrence, I'd suggest those 'punters' should lay off the Scotch if they're questioning why Trapattoni got another stint as our national manager.

Maybe the FAI can't afford to pay him off but the guy is nearly 80 noo, so why did he get another contract after failing to get yous to the world cup and by all accounts the **** still lives in Italy.

So.....our manager is now a ****.

Ye cannae come in 'ere talkin' shampoo like that pal!
    Away ye go ya bampot ye!
    Last edited by The Fly; 08/08/2010 at 4:01 AM.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Brilliant aidinho..hows the head?

Those Buckie / WKD fuelled hangovers can be a killer cant they? Me thinks you still hold a torch for young Aiden after years at gazing at him from the other side of the classroom. How will you ever cope if he's plying his trade in coldest siberia.............
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    There is virtual stink of something rotten all right.

On the positive side, his obsession with Aiden kept him sober enough to get home, log on and spout something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/...pped-1.1046701

Villa's interest in McGeady dropped

Richard Wilson
    8 Aug 2010

Aiden McGeady’s hopes of moving to the Barclays Premier League with Aston Villa appear to be over.

It is understood that Martin O’Neill, who gave the player his Celtic debut in 2004, will not be pursuing his long-standing interest in him.
    Villa are on the verge of completing the sale of James Milner to Manchester City, with the deal thought to be worth £27.5 million. Around £15m will be paid up front, another £5m in add-ons, and Stephen Ireland will move to Villa Park in exchange.

Although it was expected that as soon as Milner was sold, McGeady would move to Villa, it now seems that the deal will not happen. This leaves Spartak Moscow as the only club to make a bid, of £9m, for the Republic of Ireland international. McGeady spent several days in Moscow last week with his girlfriend and the 24-year-old is thought to regard the potential move to a new country as exciting, where once his only interest was in joining an English Premier League side. Spartak have reportedly offered the winger a four-year contract worth £60,000 a week.

Neil Lennon, the Celtic manager, and the club, are known to be keen to sell McGeady in order to recoup transfer funds, while the player is looking for a new challenge. The collapse of his potential move to Villa is a setback, though. The capture of Ireland will provide O’Neill’s team with the additional creativity he is seeking and although other transfer moves might be possible once the wage bill is reduced, with Luke Young and Steve Sidwell both available, it seems that McGeady’s hopes of moving to the Midlands have been ended.
    Last edited by The Fly; 08/08/2010 at 12:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    http://sport.scotsman.com/football/M...hed.6463151.jp

McGeady's Villa hopes are dashed.

08 August 2010
    Andrew Smith

Any hopes Aiden McGeady had of moving to England rather than Moscow appeared to evaporate last night when Aston Villa ruled out a move for the Celtic winger. Villa are close to completing a deal to sell England midfielder James Milner to Manchester City but any prospect of some of the money being used to finance a move for McGeady has been scotched.

"We'd love to have done a deal but it's just not possible at this time," said a Villa source.

The structuring of the proposed Milner transfer, believed to be worth £27m once the value attached to makeweight Stephen Ireland is included, is believed to preclude Villa manager Martin O'Neill going for a player he gave his senior debut to at Celtic and whom he recently talked up as being good enough for the English Premier League.

It leaves Spartak Moscow as McGeady's only option as he seeks a move away from Celtic Park. The Russian club are now seeking an immediate response on their £9.5m offer for the 24-year-old who was in Moscow earlier this week for a look around the club and the city.

Spartak's manager, Valery Karpin, yesterday denied claims that McGeady will earn £50,000 a week if he signs this week. "This is just another baseless rumour," said Karpin. "There cannot be such salaries for players at Spartak."

Spartak have a reputation similar to Arsenal's in England – keeping a tight pay structure which does not bend even for top stars. Karpin signalled that any deal will not risk jealousy in his camp by upsetting existing stars. Karpin refused to reveal the weekly wages on offer to the Celtic man but informed Moscow sources estimated it is around £30,000 a week.

He also denied McGeady had made a string of demands in return for signing for the club, now languishing mid-table in Russia.

"Believe me, if I had a player who came to me and said that he needed a personal interpreter, a cook of his own and bodyguards, I simply would not even talk to him."

However, Spartak will provide a driver for the player to take him from his planned penthouse home in leafy Sokolniki to the club's out-of-town training base.
    Last edited by The Fly; 08/08/2010 at 12:32 PM.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    According to Neil Lennon, he's all but accepted Spartak's offer and will move there unless there's a last minute hijack.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/soc...276414237.html

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    However there is a twist. According to that rag The Record, via the BBC's Gossip page, AMcG's not going to Moscow, 'due to the smog factor', which would be a first??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I really can't see this move working out - but if it does it could be the making of him.

I'm sure Lennon will spend the money on 4-5 will-never-be's. Do Celtic have a single decent player left?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    Crazy money, but I do hope Milner gets his move this week. I do enjoy a lil' transfer drama as a prelude to a new season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    mcgeadys not even relaly irish but out of principal delighted hes goin moscow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishultra View Post
    mcgeadys not even relaly irish but out of principal delighted hes goin moscow.
    Thanks for that relaly amazing insight. Top marks!!!