Page 63 of 229 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 4563

Thread: Aiden McGeady M Ayr Utd b.1986

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Aiden, I mean bigmancas, if he is that good howcome he didnt have a better game than naka?! surely it was up to him to shine yesterday, take off those glasses, or else start wearing your actual glassess and see what he does rather than sprouting. He was very average yesterday when he had the ball. Two runs and he got dispossessed for lack of pace, lucky to get a free another time. He hit one good cross in and thats about all I saw him do in the game, hartley and naka were a lot better getting on the ball and so was their distribution.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I liked his skip past Zambrotta in the first half. Left him for dead. Pity it happened in the Celtic half though. Pretty much summed it up for him. He had to play so deep, especially in the first half. I was impressed with him though. He kept going to the end and was in the game a lot by the end of it. Coming inside and linking up. Let's just say it's been a long time since I saw an Irish player get so much attention by such high standard opposition. He was also the most fouled player on the night.
    Last edited by eirebhoy; 05/03/2008 at 10:27 AM.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,916 Posts
    I thought he was the only Celtic player who was fouled, mind you a few of them were due to the ref's kindly nature.
    If he is going to try a Kilbane then he needs to flick it about 15 or 20m ahead and put the head down and sprint like hell. He had no joy against Zambrotta who won that duel 10 - 1. He had more impact in the game when he avoided Zambrotta by cutting inside.

I still can't see Trap playing both McGeady and Duff in the first 2 games if they are both available. We only need one of them and that has to be Duff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    would having both of them not counteract teams double marking either of them? i.e. relieve some of the pressure off our creative outlets. Maybe at home when the onus is on us to attack.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    He didnt have a great game last night, one on one with Zambrotta merely showed what we all know, he is still learning, hasnt got years and years of experience at this level and that Zambrotta is no mug.

He tracked back reasonably well, though I think he could have helped Naylor a little more and seemed a little off the pace in the first 30mins or so.

We had so little posession in the first half and like duff he isnt really a ball winner, so it made it difficult for him to make any real impact. Celtics midfiled in general were losing posession far too easily.

Came in to it more in the 2nd half, with a few bits of decent passing and a good cross.
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,916 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Billsthoughts View Post
    would having both of them not counteract teams double marking either of them? i.e. relieve some of the pressure off our creative outlets. Maybe at home when the onus is on us to attack.
    There is another thread on Trap's team

Montenegro and Georgia will be the games that define our attempts to qualify. 2 points or less and we are fécked, 3 points means we have at least won an away game but not enough, 4 points is solid enough, 6 points and we are in a Trap heaven.
    Georgia ran Scotland ragged at home, our fullback situation is too average at best to support 2 wingers who cover like mobile statutes.
    Depending on what those games need - Hunt or McGeady used as a sub.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    There is another thread on Trap's team

Montenegro and Georgia will be the games that define our attempts to qualify. 2 points or less and we are fécked, 3 points means we have at least won an away game but not enough, 4 points is solid enough, 6 points and we are in a Trap heaven.
    Georgia ran Scotland ragged at home, our fullback situation is too average at best to support 2 wingers who cover like mobile statutes.
    Depending on what those games need - Hunt or McGeady used as a sub.
    Lads - Mc Geady is the most in form Irish player in Britain at the moment. He did not play bad last night and has been playing out of his skin lately - and it is amazing that he continues to excel in a team that houses players like Donati and Sno who cannot even pass the ball.

Mc Geady covers like a mobile statue now does he?

S Hunt - yeah he is good. Play your best players and less of the nonsense. Duff and Mc Geady are Irelands wingers now.. The same as Beckham and Giggs were Uniteds' wingers during the nineties. Alternatively we might play S Ireland on the right and Hunt on the left. Is that more defensive for ya. Play your best players - bottom line. Forget the nonsense.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigmanCas View Post
    S Hunt - yeah he is good. Play your best players and less of the nonsense. Duff and Mc Geady are Irelands wingers now.. The same as Beckham and Giggs were Uniteds' wingers during the nineties. Alternatively we might play S Ireland on the right and Hunt on the left. Is that more defensive for ya. Play your best players - bottom line. Forget the nonsense.
    Whilst I want McGeady and Duff to be the two starting wingers for the qualifiers, I can understand why people have reservations about them. I think if they're backed up by central midfielders who can do a job at defending and covering them most of the time then they should work. However, it's not as simple as just playing your best players. We want to qualify for the world cup and for that we need a cohesive team, not a bunch of talented individuals who can't complement each other's games.

Edit: I've seen very little of Lawrence this season, but if he can keep up his current form, then maybe we could play him on the right, McGeady in the centre, Duff on the left and Keane up front in a 4-2-3-1. When McGeady first started coming onto the scene I wanted him to play in the hole for us. Perhaps this could work now?
    Last edited by jmurphyc; 05/03/2008 at 12:42 PM.
    My concerns are global. I reject absolutely revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method, is love. I love you Sheriff Truman.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Lads - Mc Geady is the most in form Irish player in Britain at the moment. He did not play bad last night and has been playing out of his skin lately - and it is amazing that he continues to excel in a team that houses players like Donati and Sno who cannot even pass the ball.

Mc Geady covers like a mobile statue now does he?

Last nights game showed he didnt shine, there were 2 others who shined ahead of this so called world class player, yet no ones is labelling htem world class, what showed last night was that in a game like Georgia v Ireland, i.e. Ireland away we cant rely on mcgeady to defend ( as that will happen, just like he needed to defend or relieve the pressure against barca ) and therefore he is at best a sub, unless we are attacking and doing brilliantly - which wont happen - then he would be definitely utilised.

jimmyc, i think that mcgeady is too good a crosser for playing the hole role. Id say bigmancas would like to play in the hole role though, well at least mcgeadys.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    Last nights game showed he didnt shine, there were 2 others who shined ahead of this so called world class player, yet no ones is labelling htem world class, what showed last night was that in a game like Georgia v Ireland, i.e. Ireland away we cant rely on mcgeady to defend ( as that will happen, just like he needed to defend or relieve the pressure against barca ) and therefore he is at best a sub, unless we are attacking and doing brilliantly - which wont happen - then he would be definitely utilised.

jimmyc, i think that mcgeady is too good a crosser for playing the hole role. Id say bigmancas would like to play in the hole role though, well at least mcgeadys.
    Paul I am at a loss with your last comments. Are you suggesting that Mc Geady cannot defend - surely if you had any knowledge of the beautiful game you can recognise that the main reason he has improved considerablely as a player of late is because he has become an all-round winger with a hunger to track back. You make no sense.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,002 Posts

I see that crept in right at the end of an otherwise serious post!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Last nights game showed he didnt shine, there were 2 others who shined ahead of this so called world class player
    World class?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry

EB - whats sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I felt McGeady tried too hard last night to live up to the hype. He tried to beat his man on many ocassions and failed when a pass might be the easier option.

He tends to do that in an Ireland shirt too. He's got his name as an attacking dribbling winger who takes on defenders and I think mentally he believes he needs to live up to this. Slovakia at home is prime example.

Hopefully soon, he will get a bit smarter in that respect but all in all I'm happy with his progress.
    I think I should the parachute, because I'm great.

In fact, I think I should get both parachutes, in case one doesn't work.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Paul I am at a loss with your last comments. Are you suggesting that Mc Geady cannot defend - surely if you had any knowledge of the beautiful game you can recognise that the main reason he has improved considerablely as a player of late is because he has become an all-round winger with a hunger to track back. You make no sense.
    ah thats it, :lightbulb:, i dont have any knowledge of the beautiful game, thanks for enlightening me BMC. I'm not anything of a singer, but even if I were, i would still be singing off a completely different sheet than you. Where did he defend last night?! If a winger cant get back and "actually defend", do you know the easiest way for him to defend is?! Its to come look for the ball off the defense and relieve the pressure off them by holding the ball up, taking a pass, going on a run, setting up a run, making a forward pass etc the simplest thing a winger can do if they cant actually defend is to attack. Mcgeady did one of those last night on a few too many occassions and lost possession ( which one do you think I am on about ?!?! ). BMS, please dont try and tell me he was class last night.

EB, what do you mean, the way you do be going on about him, sounds like you think he is world class or very nearly there....

Osarusan, i like the use of the word "crept" though I dont think you meant it in any particular way there

Torn-Ado, a sensible galway man, easy knowing you dont live in galway ( theres 2 jokes in there ) , jokin, but seriouslly I think you are right there, and its very much related to what I said above, that in these kind of games, at present, he isn't a starting option for us - read what i wrote previously.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ah thats it, :lightbulb:, i dont have any knowledge of the beautiful game, thanks for enlightening me BMC. I'm not anything of a singer, but even if I were, i would still be singing off a completely different sheet than you. Where did he defend last night?! If a winger cant get back and "actually defend", do you know the easiest way for him to defend is?! Its to come look for the ball off the defense and relieve the pressure off them by holding the ball up, taking a pass, going on a run, setting up a run, making a forward pass etc the simplest thing a winger can do if they cant actually defend is to attack. Mcgeady did one of those last night on a few too many occassions and lost possession ( which one do you think I am on about ?!?! ). BMS, please dont try and tell me he was class last night.

EB, what do you mean, the way you do be going on about him, sounds like you think he is world class or very nearly there....

Osarusan, i like the use of the word "crept" though I dont think you meant it in any particular way there

Torn-Ado, a sensible galway man, easy knowing you dont live in galway ( theres 2 jokes in there ) , jokin, but seriouslly I think you are right there, and its very much related to what I said above, that in these kind of games, at present, he isn't a starting option for us - read what i wrote previously.
    Well done Paul - You would not play our most in form player. I rest my case. You are beyond comprehension. Please enlighten those (including me) to the benefits of playing someone other than Mc Geady - wide on the right? Who would you play instead??????? I cannot believe that we are debating a no brainer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Does he play on the right or left for Celtic? Did he not cut in from the left to set up the goal v Barca? Very good post there POS. First time I have learnt something about football on this forum. Will be putting it into action tonite.BigmanCas who'd win in a race between Mageady and the Flash?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    No wonder you think I'm blinkered so. I certainly don't think he's anywhere near world class.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Billsthoughts View Post
    Does he play on the right or left for Celtic? Did he not cut in from the left to set up the goal v Barca? Very good post there POS. First time I have learnt something about football on this forum. Will be putting it into action tonite.BigmanCas who'd win in a race between Mageady and the Flash?
    He plays on the left for Celtic.
    I think I should the parachute, because I'm great.

In fact, I think I should get both parachutes, in case one doesn't work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Is he right or left footed?