Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 17 of 229 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Aiden McGeady M Ayr Utd b.1986

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by McGeady10 View Post
    Big shot Lennon certainly not in the mood for apologising. Don't be surprised to see Aiden dropped on Sunday. Can't say much more
    Would you ever stop making a big deal out of nothing.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    He would cause most people to lose their temper.
    Certainly true this season, in the main happens to be defenders he is up against.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Big shot Lennon certainly not in the mood for apologising. Don't be surprised to see Aiden dropped on Sunday. Can't say much more
    http://www.eleven-a-side.com/acrosst...p?newsid=25779

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I can guarantee that McGeady was prevented from leaving the dressing room on Saturday to pick up his MOTM awards and has been phoned by a member of the Celtic backroom team asking him to apologise to Lennon.

The quotes you have are from an interview on Scotsport by Lennon and they've been selected and rearranged to sound very different to what was actually said.

As I have said. Aiden won't play against Rangers. If he does I, and he, will be shocked.
    "Everyone, Republican or otherwise, has their own particular part to play. No part is too great or too small, no one is too old or too young to do something

-- Bobby Sands

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I really can't wait to see if he starts now as it puts any credit you might have out the window.

tbh, I probably would have done the same thing as Lennon. Lennon was trying to discipline McGeady as the club captain. Shouting at him probably isn't the best way to go about it but plenty of captains do it. McGeady then calls him an arsehole and a dick and I can imagine how Lennon's blood would have boiled. He was wrong to push him but I doubt I would have been able to shut my mouth and walk away from McGeady in that situation.

As much as I'd love to make McGeady out as a nice queit guy, you're making me portray him as an idiot because of your bias.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy View Post
    I really can't wait to see if he starts now as it puts any credit you might have out the window.

tbh, I probably would have done the same thing as Lennon. Lennon was trying to discipline McGeady as the club captain. Shouting at him probably isn't the best way to go about it but plenty of captains do it. McGeady then calls him an arsehole and a dick and I can imagine how Lennon's blood would have boiled. He was wrong to push him but I doubt I would have been able to shut my mouth and walk away from McGeady in that situation.

As much as I'd love to make McGeady out as a nice queit guy, you're making me portray him as an idiot because of your bias.
    With all due respect I was only posting what I've heard.

I'd also like to say I don't know for certain if he will play or will not play but would like to point out I don't post anything that I don't have from a good source.

PS: I am not making anything up. Last time I posted something from the same source was when I put up that Maloney OR McGeady weren't playing against Man Utd...
    "Everyone, Republican or otherwise, has their own particular part to play. No part is too great or too small, no one is too old or too young to do something

-- Bobby Sands

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PS: I am not making anything up. Last time I posted something from the same source was when I put up that Maloney OR McGeady weren't playing against Man Utd...
    The Celtic lineup for the Man U match was well leaked that day. Plenty of Celtic forums had it up at lunch time. Maybe you do have a reliable source but you're putting points across as fact and now backing down. I'll be very suprised if he doesn't start against Rangers.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    The Celtic lineup for the Man U match was well leaked that day. Plenty of Celtic forums had it up at lunch time. Maybe you do have a reliable source but you're putting points across as fact and now backing down. I'll be very suprised if he doesn't start against Rangers.
    I leaked it...

I've not backed down from anything.

McGeady will not IMO start against Rangers because of what happened last Sunday... I'll let you know later in the week if he will/will not if/when I hear.

-- Bobby Sands

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I leaked it...
    Is your name MinceCFC on Celtic Minded?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Is your name MinceCFC on Celtic Minded?
    No. But I can guarantee if you post a link to the thread he named the team I'll point you in the direction of a post I made on another Celtic board earlier in the day...

-- Bobby Sands

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Couple of pictures of the Bhoy Wonder in his youth!!

Picking up a player of the year award

Along side his team mates!

Attached Images Attached Images

-- Bobby Sands

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    No. But I can guarantee if you post a link to the thread he named the team I'll point you in the direction of a post I made on another Celtic board earlier in the day...
    http://www.celticminded.com/showthread.php?t=222063

If you can provide a post earlier than that then I'll apologise for doubting you and your source.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    http://www.celticminded.com/showthread.php?t=222063

If you can provide a post earlier than that then I'll apologise for doubting you and your source.
    Could you tell me the time on that cuz I'm not registered on that board...

Here's my post

http://www.thehuddleboard.com/hb/sho...3&postcount=58
    Last edited by McGeady10; 13/12/2006 at 5:27 PM.

-- Bobby Sands

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    McGeady STARTS at the weekend!!!

Ya beauty. Told by Strachan yesterday!

Mon the wee man!

-- Bobby Sands

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    What has any of this to do with Ireland?
    If it was anyone else eirebouy you would have moved and changed thread titles about 12 pages ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Billsthoughts View Post
    If it was anyone else eirebouy you would have moved and changed thread titles about 12 pages ago.
    It's a topic about McGeady. I just wanted to see if McGeady10 did have a source in Celtic (for obvious reasons) and it appears he has some kind of source anyway. I'd love to know what made you make that post btw as I haven't moved or renamed a thread in weeks. There's more people than me with mod powers in the Ireland forum.

Anyway, back to McGeady.
    Last edited by eirebhoy; 15/12/2006 at 7:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    In fairness it doesnt bother me what is in any forum I just think a bit of consistancy wouldnt go astray. I dont think I have ever even looked at the SPL thread and it is with good reason. the last few pages have had nuthin to do with Ireland at all. In fact if you changed around a couple of the names it wouldnt look out a place on a westlife forum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Watched most of this game yesterday, once I saw that McGeady was starting. I'd been tough on him before as he had never impressed me in any game that I'd seen him play. Yesterday though, I was pleased to see that his game is much more tidy and he's far more direct now. He was willing to get stuck in and make tackles, even though he doesn't usally get the ball.
    Certainly a key player in yesterdays performance and in the better team too, as far as I could see. He would need to put in a showing like that consistantly, to deserve a starting place for Ireland. Having said that, I think he'd be good enough to start against weaker teams, such as San Marino, Slovakia and Wales.
    Last edited by Peadar; 18/12/2006 at 11:38 AM.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Billsthoughts View Post
    In fairness it doesnt bother me what is in any forum I just think a bit of consistancy wouldnt go astray. I dont think I have ever even looked at the SPL thread and it is with good reason. the last few pages have had nuthin to do with Ireland at all. In fact if you changed around a couple of the names it wouldnt look out a place on a westlife forum.

There's such a thing? And here's me wasting all my time on foot.ie!
    "Well I think they'll be a little disappointed with that" - Matt Holland on TV3 after 5-2 drubbing by Cyprus

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    actually now you mention it....I wonder if there is one and if so what would be on it....