Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 16 of 229 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Aiden McGeady M Ayr Utd b.1986

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic Paddy View Post
    Mwah hah hah hah. Have a word with yourself.

That's Barcelona, Real Madrid and possibly Manchester United covered then. You may well think Roy O'Donovan's the best thing since, ooh, Kevin Doyle, but I'd be very, very surprised if bigger clubs than Celtic (i.e. the ones mentioned) are showing an interest in your man. Anyone else and your definition is so loose as not to count.
    are you seriously suggesting your clubs who boast such world reknown superstars as gary caldwell and neil lennon are bigger than every other club bar barcelona, manure and real madrid?
    Do you feel the same way about Irish people who are passionate supporters of clubs in Manchester and Liverpool then?
    almost, but at least they don't have any silly ideas about them being irish.lets not go down this road, my thinking mcgeady tends to just run about has little to do with celtic. anyway, "passionate" tends to mean "i bought a sticker for my car and go to 2 games a season, that qualifies me to say 'we'".
    Your Chairperson,
    Gavin
    Membership Advisory Board
    "Ex Bardus , Vicis"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soper
    How would Celtic fans have seen Roy O'Donovan play?
    How would Cork fans have seen McGeady play? Television I suppose. I'd take a wild guess that I've seen at least as much of O'Donovan as Gavin has of McGeady.

Quote Originally Posted by GavinZac View Post
    i'd be more confused than annoyed since he's wanted by bigger clubs than celtic purely because of his current good finishing.
    There's a reason I mentioned Roy O'Donovan. He has improved his finishing and goalscoring a lot compared to last season. Put it this way, not many Cork fans would have said he'd end the season as Cork's top scorer. Now, if you're confused that someone would judge O'Donovan on the player he was a year ago then I'm confused that you're judging McGeady on the player he was last season. If you watched him play a few matches for Celtic this season you certainly wouldn't have many bad words to say about him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy View Post
    There's a reason I mentioned Roy O'Donovan. He has improved his finishing and goalscoring a lot compared to last season. Put it this way, not many Cork fans would have said he'd end the season as Cork's top scorer. Now, if you're confused that someone would judge O'Donovan on the player he was a year ago then I'm confused that you're judging McGeady on the player he was last season. If you watched him play a few matches for Celtic this season you certainly wouldn't have many bad words to say about him.
    i'm really amazed as to how you've turned my one word comment about mcgeady, doing some you've described yourself, into some sord of tirade against him. he's a good player, in terms of the irish squad. i reckon if he was at any other club he'd be getting far less attention, á la Shane Long (look, i've mentioned another ex-cork city player!) or paul mcshane til recently.
    Your Chairperson,
    Gavin
    "Ex Bardus , Vicis"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    How would Cork fans have seen McGeady play? Television I suppose.
    by taking an interest in the international scene? he was in the same team as o'donovan himself a couple of months ago.
    Your Chairperson,
    Gavin
    "Ex Bardus , Vicis"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    i'm really amazed as to how you've turned my one word comment about mcgeady, doing some you've described yourself, into some sord of tirade against him.
    What else was I meant to take from your one word reply to my post? As for your second point, I don't really understand it. Long has hardly played for Reading. When McGeady was playing in Celtic reserves last season he wasn't getting any "attention".

Quote Originally Posted by GavinZac
    by taking an interest in the international scene?
    It was a rhetorical question in reply to Soper's question.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    What else was I meant to take from your one word reply to my post?
    a flippant joke that that is how he's seen to play a lot of the time?
    Long has hardly played for Reading. When McGeady was playing in Celtic reserves last season he wasn't getting any "attention".
    yes he was. he was getting caps and being bandied about as our potential saviour. long has played games and scored goals in the premiership at a higher level than aiden mcgeady.
    Your Chairperson,
    Gavin
    "Ex Bardus , Vicis"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Which is why I brought up the O'Donovan thing. He has been ultra-consistant and by far and away Celtic's player of the year before he got injured during international duty. As I said, it's pretty annoying hearing the views like the one above when he is doing so well this season and has come on leaps and bounds since 12 months ago.

As much as I'd love Long to make it big and look forward to him progressing, he hasn't scored a premiership goal yet. I think you'll find (if you actually went and read this forum) that McShane has been getting plenty of praise on here. Nobody on here gets to see McShane week in week out though.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    "Everyone, Republican or otherwise, has their own particular part to play. No part is too great or too small, no one is too old or too young to do something

-- Bobby Sands

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    yes he was. he was getting caps and being bandied about as our potential saviour. long has played games and scored goals in the premiership at a higher level than aiden mcgeady.
    Long hasn't scored in the Premiership yet. He got one in the Carling Cup. He's started 2 games and does a few substitute cameos. Lita now ahead of him in the pecking order. Caps?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Anyone see the argy bargy between McGeady and Lennon after the match yesterday? Words exchanged and then Lennon shoves McGeady before Sno intervened.

Stupid of Lennon I felt and he should have more cop on than that. Whatever was said he should have sorted it out in the dressing room and tore strips off him if it was required. A player with his experiance should know better than to carry on like that and as captain of Celtic he has a responsibility to be disciplined and to behave in the correct manner.
    Top Breeders recommend drinkfeckarse....

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by drinkfeckarse View Post
    Anyone see the argy bargy between McGeady and Lennon after the match yesterday? Words exchanged and then Lennon shoves McGeady before Sno intervened.

Stupid of Lennon I felt and he should have more cop on than that. Whatever was said he should have sorted it out in the dressing room and tore strips off him if it was required. A player with his experiance should know better than to carry on like that and as captain of Celtic he has a responsibility to be disciplined and to behave in the correct manner.
    Yip. Aiden is rightly raging about!

Lennon is a chancer who has outstayed his welcome at Celtic.
    "Everyone, Republican or otherwise, has their own particular part to play. No part is too great or too small, no one is too old or too young to do something

-- Bobby Sands

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Lennon's temper got the better of him. He went mad after losing a goal in the last minute and took it out on McGeady for not tracking back and helping Wilson. McGeady called him a couple of names and Lennon flipped. Can you imagine Silvestre slagging Roy Keane off when he's getting a rollicking? Lennon can't control himself when he gets that angry and I'm sure he regretted it 10 seconds later. I'm also sure we've all been in a situation where you do something like throw your remote control against the wall and you're picking up the pieces 10 seconds later. Mulitply your anger by 100 to see how Lenny feels when he's angry. Let him go to anger management after he retires.

Ironically it was the 2 best players on the pitch yesterday imo.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Lennon's temper got the better of him. He went mad after losing a goal in the last minute and took it out on McGeady for not tracking back and helping Wilson. McGeady called him a couple of names and Lennon flipped. Can you imagine Silvestre slagging Roy Keane off when he's getting a rollicking? Lennon can't control himself when he gets that angry and I'm sure he regretted it 10 seconds later. I'm also sure we've all been in a situation where you do something like throw your remote control against the wall and you're picking up the pieces 10 seconds later. Mulitply your anger by 100 to see how Lenny feels when he's angry. Let him go to anger management after he retires.

Ironically it was the 2 best players on the pitch yesterday imo.
    Lennon was bang out of order and just doesn't have the respect of his teammates.

This is the guy who was up trying to nick a cheap goal last week against Aberdeen in the 90th minute when the score was 1-0 complaining that others aren't tracking back when we're 2-0 up and coasting (BTW only reason McGeady was brought into was cause Lennon needed someone else to blame to hide his own deficiencies at protecting his defence).

Lennon has lost his allies in the dressing room (Sutton, Hartson, McNamara etc) and is now losing repsect week on week. Crying off with a fake injury days before the team were due to go to Poland for a hard slog was a kick in the teeth to many in the dressing room.

His onfield AND off-field behaviour is not fitting of a Celtic captain.

-- Bobby Sands

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by McGeady10 View Post

Lennon is a chancer who has outstayed his welcome at Celtic.
    I wouldn't go that far. Lennon has been good this season (bar Europe where his agility or lack of is exposed!) and is an important member of the team. Deserves another years extension in my opinion.
    Top Breeders recommend drinkfeckarse....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Lennon was bang out of order
    Of course it was bang out of order but he didn't choose to push McGeady. Surely everyone has lost their temper in their lifetime?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Of course it was bang out of order but he didn't choose to push McGeady. Surely everyone has lost their temper in their lifetime?
    Why did he not lose his temper at Boruc seconds earlier? The guys a bully and thought Aiden was the easy target and found out that he actually wasn't. Sooner he's shown the door at Celtic Park the better. A terrible influence and an embarssment to the club with his off field behaviour and a hinderance with his on field performances.

-- Bobby Sands

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Why did he not lose his temper at Boruc seconds earlier? The guys a bully and thought Aiden was the easy target and found out that he actually wasn't.
    Don't be silly. It was obvious he lost his temper. He didn't choose just to lose him temper at McGeady. If he can't control his temper there's nothing he can do. If he didn't lose his temper it's another story but I thought he clearly did.
    Last edited by eirebhoy; 11/12/2006 at 1:36 PM.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    It was obvious he lost his temper. He didn't choose just to lose him temper at McGeady. If he can't control his temper there's nothing he can do...
    Its McGeadys fault anyway. He would cause most people to lose their temper.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    He was man of the match yesterday so continuing his superb form this season.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Big shot Lennon certainly not in the mood for apologising. Don't be surprised to see Aiden dropped on Sunday. Can't say much more

-- Bobby Sands