Page 93 of 229 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 4563

Thread: Aiden McGeady M Ayr Utd b.1986

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy View Post
    You've mainly seen the real McGeady this past 12 months for Ireland.
    Jeez, if that is the case it really is worrying.
    Honest! I am not a secret Tim nor a closet Sham - I really am a Seagull.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhoops View Post
    Jeez, if that is the case it really is worrying.
    I think McGeady's performances have been decent of late for Ireland. He is passing well and has been involved with setting up important goals.

Saying that it's so easy to be critical on the internet isn't it eamonn? Do we have to wait a whole generation before these eamon dunphy impersonators die out?

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,001 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by celticV3 View Post
    Saying that it's so easy to be critical on the internet isn't it eamonn? Do we have to wait a whole generation before these eamon dunphy impersonators die out?
    Because anybody who criticizes him for not playing as well for Ireland as he has done for Celtic simply must be people who idolize Dunphy? You don't think it is possible to do one but not the other?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    Because anybody who criticizes him for not playing as well for Ireland as he has done for Celtic simply must be people who idolize Dunphy? You don't think it is possible to do one but not the other?
    I was pointing out the simularity to that post and the critisism by eamonn dunphy. Aiden will never be good enough for dunphy and judginf from the previous post that poster is unable to form his own opinion of player. I would hazard a guess that he does not like cristiano ronaldo aswell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts
    McGeady is a bit of a mystery. He lacks the consistency of a Hunt or a Kilbane, but he can do things neither of those players can dream of.

When he's on, he can terrorize any defence, but when he's off, he can be very frustrating.

A lot of "tricky wingers" are like this, and it's always a risk trying to accommodate his type of player.

But when you're as goal starved as we've been lately, you need to field that kind of player.

Would be fantastic if he had one of his good nights against Italy!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan86 View Post
    McGeady is a bit of a mystery. He lacks the consistency of a Hunt or a Kilbane, but he can do things neither of those players can dream of.

When he's on, he can terrorize any defence, but when he's off, he can be very frustrating.

A lot of "tricky wingers" are like this, and it's always a risk trying to accommodate his type of player.

But when you're as goal starved as we've been lately, you need to field that kind of player.

Would be fantastic if he had one of his good nights against Italy!

To be honest I wouldnt really call Hunt consistent, for Ireland at least.
    Alot of people on this site have been big fans of McGeadys for a long time and I really have yet to see him put in a top/MOM performance for Ireland. Having said that his performances have improved and I do expect him to get better for us. Really needs to starting chipping in with goals for us too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    McGeadys finishing has let him down of late for Ireland. If he put away those chances against Montengro and Cyprus people may have a different view. Either way his international form is good so far this campaign.
    I think I should the parachute, because I'm great.

In fact, I think I should get both parachutes, in case one doesn't work.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    He's not a striker? His finishing leaves a lot to be desired but I think it is one of few flaws left in his overall game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    How long is it before people take off the Celtic blinkers and focus on Ireland which is what this forum is about.

It makes no difference to Ireland whether AMG is POTY is SPL or CL. What matters is when he pulls on the green for Ireland.

Like it or not, the SPL is a poor standard of football and being 'star man' in a non-significant CL game is totally immaterial to the Ireland team.

I hope AMG, when he pulls on the green turns out to be a class international player, From what I have seen in all of his 20+ ROI appearances the chances of it happening are slim to Nil.

I just think he is another player who performs exceptionally well at club level in a sub standard league.

I hope he might benefit from a move to Premier League but I doubt he will.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    why does he automatically have to play in england? does italy or spain not figure for you?

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    869 Posts
    How long is it before people take off the Celtic blinkers and focus on Ireland which is what this forum is about.

It makes no difference to Ireland whether AMG is POTY is SPL or CL. What matters is when he pulls on the green for Ireland.

Like it or not, the SPL is a poor standard of football and being 'star man' in a non-significant CL game is totally immaterial to the Ireland team.

I hope AMG, when he pulls on the green turns out to be a class international player, From what I have seen in all of his 20+ ROI appearances the chances of it happening are slim to Nil.

I just think he is another player who performs exceptionally well at club level in a sub standard league.

I hope he might benefit from a move to Premier League but I doubt he will.
    His Ireland form recently has been very good. As a winger there are times when he will lose the ball when tryin to beat a player and people tend to jump on that and point out that he is crap.
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    stupid celtic cant even beat hearts at home. Im losing money on them :evil:
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    His Ireland form recently has been very good.
    We must be watching different players.

v Georgia: gave the ball away too easily. Was better on the right and good cross for Doyle's goal. When he was moved to the left he was not in the game and eventuially repalced by Andy Keogh

v Montenegro: attrocious first half, lost the ball far too many times. I can't remember him beating a defender once. A bit better in the second half, one good cross but blew the best best chance of the game with a weak shot.

v Cyprus: had a lot of the ball, but apart from one ball when he released Duff, not much end product for the amount of possession. One shot in the second half.

Over the three games too inconsistent, average at best, definitely not very good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishultra View Post
    why does he automatically have to play in england? does italy or spain not figure for you?
    Spain, Italy, Germany, EPL, anywhere away from the poor standard of the SPL. I want to see McGeady develop into a top player and he can only do that away from SPL. Being a big fish in a small pool doesn't mean its a big fish.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

v Georgia: gave the ball away too easily. Was better on the right and good cross for Doyle's goal. When he was moved to the left he was not in the game and eventuially repalced by Andy Keogh

v Montenegro: attrocious first half, lost the ball far too many times. I can't remember him beating a defender once. A bit better in the second half, one good cross but blew the best best chance of the game with a weak shot.

v Cyprus: had a lot of the ball, but apart from one ball when he released Duff, not much end product for the amount of possession. One shot in the second half.

Over the three games too inconsistent, average at best, definitely not very good.
    I thought he played well against Montenegro. Certainly a strong contender for motm if he scored that chance. At the end of the day he created most of our chances so far in this campaign.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Very good might be pushing it but he's definitely been fairly good so far in qualifying. Has been our most creative player anyway over the three games although Duff was better in that regard against Cyprus.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by celticV3 View Post
    I was pointing out the simularity to that post and the critisism by eamonn dunphy. Aiden will never be good enough for dunphy and judginf from the previous post that poster is unable to form his own opinion of player. I would hazard a guess that he does not like cristiano ronaldo aswell.
    I am not interested in what Dunphy has to say. I have been watching football for long enough to form my own opinion of any player.

For the umpteenth time, I hope McGeady turns out to be a world beater. From what I have seen of him so far for Ireland, I think he has been very ordinary. After 22 caps, if he is good enough he ought to be showing it by now.

I can only judge him on what he has done for Ireland as I don't watch SPL and Celtic would not be my first choice of a CL game.

BTW, I am not a Man U fan but I love watching Ronaldo when he concentrates on playing football. He is a world class player. If McGeady gets to be half as good and effective in a game as Ronaldo he will be good enough. I am sure I am no different to many who don't like Ronaldo when he resorts to the whinging and the diving.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    576 Posts
    ...........insomnia sufferer here.......

.....anyway - over on the Celtic forums they are saying there is a rumour that there will be a big announcement made about Aiden's future later on today. Basically the rumour is that he will be leaving in January after repeated fallings out with Gordon Strachan.
    (one rumoured destination is Bayern Munich for £10m)

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    869 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fly View Post
    ...........insomnia sufferer here.......

.....anyway - over on the Celtic forums they are saying there is a rumour that there will be a big announcement made about Aiden's future later on today. Basically the rumour is that he will be leaving in January after repeated fallings out with Gordon Strachan.
    (one rumoured destination is Bayern Munich for £10m)
    Replacement for Ribery???
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts
    Would McGeady play ahead of Ribery and Schweinstager on the wings though? Not sure Bayern would be a good move.

I think Bayern is a better team than Celtic, but is the German League far superior than the SPL?