Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 4563

Thread: Aiden McGeady M Ayr Utd b.1986

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    Flood had a great game, scored his peno in the shoutout as well.

Its currently 10-10 on penalties both keepers just scored there.....
    Indeed!! I think you put the mockers on him! The way some of the reporting is going re. his move to Celtic, they are nearly questioning his penalty miss. Anything for a bit of controversy.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    I know!!you get that used to penalty shoot outs finishing 3-2 or the likes, never for a minute did I think theyd go to 2nd penos.....probably should have waited though to post!!!
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    McGeady looking very good today against Inverness, hope he carries that form on to the Georgia match....
    "Well I think they'll be a little disappointed with that" - Matt Holland on TV3 after 5-2 drubbing by Cyprus

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Celtics most creative player by a mile. Put in a least half a dozen balls just dying for someone to poke it in to goal. Unfortunately it wasnt to be today for Celtic. Looking good for the Georgia game. Celtic v Rangers on the following Sunday - So I hope no 'injuries' occur in training or next weekend.

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I don't know, I didn't think McGeady was great today. Obviously I'm looking for different things from him. Of course the whole team was poor though. I thought it was an easy game for McGeady. They backed off him a lot but he was very predictable. He should be scoring a goal in those types of games. He crosses way too often when he has the ability to get himself into the box and play a pass or shot.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy View Post
    I don't know, I didn't think McGeady was great today. Obviously I'm looking for different things from him. Of course the whole team was poor though. I thought it was an easy game for McGeady. They backed off him a lot but he was very predictable. He should be scoring a goal in those types of games. He crosses way too often when he has the ability to get himself into the box and play a pass or shot.
    Dont disagree with that. I dont think my comments contradict it, more a reflection on the rest of the team. His goalscoring and shooting in general need a lot of work.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Yeh I suppose. I'd still probably give him Celtic's motm but it's all relative.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    "After the first half, I said to him 'believe in yourself, believe in yourself, believe in yourself'. With more confidence he has the chance to grow. He needs encouragement because he is a sensitive player. His potential he very great and he has the quality that only two or three players in Europe have."

I think that says it all about how much McGeady needs our cheers rather than groans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy View Post
    "After the first half, I said to him 'believe in yourself, believe in yourself, believe in yourself'. With more confidence he has the chance to grow. He needs encouragement because he is a sensitive player. His potential he very great and he has the quality that only two or three players in Europe have."

I think that says it all about how much McGeady needs our cheers rather than groans.
    exactly. If only Strachan would take this on board too, he seems very reluctant to ever give mcGeady the praise that some of his performances deserve. Hopefully the biggest majority of the Irish fans who had doubts about him are starting to appreciate how much he now brings to the team
    Havin a weekend away is quite frankly,lettin ur team mates down!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EAFC_rdfl View Post
    exactly. If only Strachan would take this on board too, he seems very reluctant to ever give mcGeady the praise that some of his performances deserve. Hopefully the biggest majority of the Irish fans who had doubts about him are starting to appreciate how much he now brings to the team
    Im no Strachan lover but he did recently single out McGeady for praise, hopefully he is changing his approach after their recent bust up.

HE DIDN'T exactly labour the point but Gordon Strachan broke a habit of a lifetime and had some warm words of praise yesterday for Aiden McGeady. Previously, the manager has been painfully slow to single out his winger for special mention, normally uttering some perfunctory stuff regardless of the brilliance McGeady may have displayed. Last night was a little different.

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com...ady.4911137.jp

Great 2nd half from Aiden on Weds....please god he takes that form in to the Bulgaria game.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    I remember when Damien Duff came on the scene for Ireland he was very inconsistant and I think Mick McCarthy used him as a sub alot. But then there was one game, I think it was against Portugal, where Duffer was fantastic and he never looked back from that. He became undroppable in the team and his confidence was sky high.Im really hoping that Aidens performance on Wednesday is something like that. Im with Eirebhoy in thinking that he has been good in general for us recently but wednesday night he was outstanding and looked like a lad oozing with the confidence of knowing he could beat his man every time he got the ball. I just hope that it is a similar situation to Duffer and that he now kicks on to be one of most important players for us for years to come
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,631 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    I remember when Damien Duff came on the scene for Ireland he was very inconsistant and I think Mick McCarthy used him as a sub alot. But then there was one game, I think it was against Portugal, where Duffer was fantastic and he never looked back from that. He became undroppable in the team and his confidence was sky high.Im really hoping that Aidens performance on Wednesday is something like that. Im with Eirebhoy in thinking that he has been good in general for us recently but wednesday night he was outstanding and looked like a lad oozing with the confidence of knowing he could beat his man every time he got the ball. I just hope that it is a similar situation to Duffer and that he now kicks on to be one of most important players for us for years to come
    great post - i was going to post something very similar and i think the Duff comparisons are valid. Duff was inconsistent and ineffective in his first 15-20 games for us but, as you said, after that one game (was it not Croatia or someone away?) he never looked back.

Great post.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    great post - i was going to post something very similar and i think the Duff comparisons are valid. Duff was inconsistent and ineffective in his first 15-20 games for us but, as you said, after that one game (was it not Croatia or someone away?) he never looked back.

Great post.
    I agree with everything. Well done

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Seems to be playing well today from waht I can see.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    He wins the penalty and then scores a grerat peno. Fair play
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    He had a very good game alright.
    www.dundalkfc.com

Colin Scanlon - hero!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by holidaysong View Post
    He had a very good game alright.
    In the most part but still ran up many blind alleys!

I think a lot of the problem is that the puts in huge effort and is knackered for the final ball!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scram View Post
    In the most part but still ran up many blind alleys!

I think a lot of the problem is that the puts in huge effort and is knackered for the final ball!
    interesting. i think the best dribblers have always modulated their speed, i.e. they slow down, show the full-back the ball, and accelerate away with drop of the shoulder, or turn, etc. zidane a perfect example. and kaka is a master at this too, he makes space with a good first touch, and shows the defender one direction with his shoulder, then accelerates away into the open space in the other direction. mcgeady does seem to operate at one (albeit very high) speed. ronaldo is similar, very upright and reliant upon pure pace rather than shoulder/body swerves of the giggs/g. best type.
    zombie/thread killer..

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ken foree View Post
    interesting. i think the best dribblers have always modulated their speed, i.e. they slow down, show the full-back the ball, and accelerate away with drop of the shoulder, or turn, etc. zidane a perfect example. and kaka is a master at this too, he makes space with a good first touch, and shows the defender one direction with his shoulder, then accelerates away into the open space in the other direction. mcgeady does seem to operate at one (albeit very high) speed. ronaldo is similar, very upright and reliant upon pure pace rather than shoulder/body swerves of the giggs/g. best type.
    Disagree - McGeady is not that fast. certainly when compared to the likes of Ronaldo, more often than not in the SPL he will be tackled or the defender will make a block if he trys to go by them with speed. Im not saying hes slow but he is not electric. Its his tricky feet and great ball control that generally leave the fullbacks flumaxed or on their arses that allows him to get a cross/shot in. IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ken foree View Post
    must have been some kind of shoulder/body swerve here!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Havin a weekend away is quite frankly,lettin ur team mates down!