Page 54 of 229 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 4563

Thread: Aiden McGeady M Ayr Utd b.1986

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think McGeady could probably do with a year or so more at Celtic. He's probably too young to move away just yet, especially if it's to the continent.
    My concerns are global. I reject absolutely revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method, is love. I love you Sheriff Truman.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think the lad is under too much pressure at the mo and it could start affecting him...he's only a young lad

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Don't be fooled by the baby face, he is as tough as nails and a dedicated disciplined footballer.
    He'll be 22 soon. Probably the POY in Scotland this season. If he is so inclined it would be a great time for him to move. I think he would have the pick of a number of good clubs to go to. Newcastle sounds as welcome as a graveyard though.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    McGeady suffered shocking abuse yesterday at Love Street for the crime of being Irish.

This video is just a taster

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uQsprR3HMQk
    "Everyone, Republican or otherwise, has their own particular part to play. No part is too great or too small, no one is too old or too young to do something

-- Bobby Sands

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Exile on Love Street

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by McGeady10 View Post
    McGeady suffered shocking abuse yesterday at Love Street for the crime of being Irish.

This video is just a taster

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uQsprR3HMQk
    Needs subtitles. Scotland seems to have a higher ratio of scrotes than anywhere else in the world.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    488 Posts
    If Milner was moving on and he would be getting a regular berth on the right with duff on the left it could be excellent for Ireland. There are very few clubs in england that would represent a good move for him at the minute. newcastle are one of the better potential moves imo. Villa or Everton would be a good step similarly, or a move to the continent. But at this stage if he was to move it is most important that he he gets a game where he goes. another season at celtic would do no harm at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Newcastle would definately be a disaster. How many players go there and enhance their career?
    Last edited by boovidge; 27/02/2008 at 12:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Tommy Burns:

'Aiden had some fantastic games last year, and possibly the year before, but this year he has been the difference.

'Naka was injured for a long time and it was important that if he was going to take the next step to being the player we know he is going to be then he had to step up to the plate and take on the playmaker role. And he has done that fantastically well.

'You see some of the magical things he does in games and I think some of the players are in awe of him, even in training.

'The one thing you don't want to be is a full-back coming over here on trial - I think he has been through three or four of them - because he is the guy they come up against.

'He has been sensational and there is more to come from him.

'He will get better and better because he has got the eye of the tiger - that hunger that he wants to go to the very highest level - and I think he is capable of doing that.'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Another assist by McGeady just there. Superb cross for Samaras. To have 15 assists is fantastic considering I can't remember him taking an indirect set piece this season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    maybe i'll jump on everyone's bandwagon when he does something for Ireland.
    "A silent mouth is sweet to hear"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I don't know about a bandwagon. It's only a realistic reflection of his performances. It's time to get excited about the player at last. That's just my opinion so don't ask to explain the reasoning on that again.

I think some people on here think that I've been playing McGeady up on here for years, or at least holding back on my true thoughts. There's only one competitive game I think I'd have called for McGeady to start and that was Cyprus away. Before then and since then I didn't think he was ready to play for us. Now I'm absolutely certain he's ready. For once I can actually play him up out in the real (non internet) world because believe it or not, I'd never sing the praises of the likes of McGeady, McShane or Stokes out in public (basically because I don't want to endure 3 or 4 years of stick before they prove themselves and then they'll forget I rated them in the first place).

Anyway, just had to get that off my chest in case people think this one man bandwagon has been running since McGeady made his debut.
    Last edited by eirebhoy; 27/02/2008 at 9:52 PM.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Im with you EB.

In a nutshell, its only this season that Celtic fans have even sung his name or that he is getting recognition from the majority of the support. Until this season it seems to have been split 50:50 with some thinking he was brilliant and others thinking he was just some twinkle toed one trick pony.

Ive loved him since he first started playing for us, yes he could be naieve at time, lost the ball, tried to do too much, poor final ball etc..- but he still managed to get you on your feet and excited with a great bit of skill or run at some point in his games. As you have pointed out in numerous posts, he was performing well in seasons gone by, just not consistently enough - now he is doing that. The negativity surrounding him on this forum is ridiculous, I agree he hasnt done a great deal for us as yet but his performances have been limited, Duff took an absolute age to do anything for us and its not as though we are blessed with plenty of other players who are doing what he can do. Give him a chance and please god he'll grow in to the role for Ireland, once he has a decent run of games under his belt.

His assists stats are great as you say, but not only that, the amount of great balls he gets in (over 90mins) that havent ended in a goal - the vast majority from open play is excellent. I go to the majority of Celtic home games and a significant nbr of the away ones are on setanta. Some additional stats like number of crosses, shots,mileage covered per game would be good, because he covers some ground.

That was a ramble, but he will come good for Ireland - we should just support him in the lead up to that point.
    Last edited by Junior; 28/02/2008 at 2:29 PM.
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    Im with you EB.

In a nutshell, its only this season that Celtic fans have even sung his name or that he is getting recognition from the majority of the support. Until this season it seems to have been split 50:50 with some thinking he was brilliant and others thinking he was just some twinkle toed one trick pony.

Ive loved him since he first started playing for us, yes he could be naieve at time, lost the ball, tried to do too much, poor final ball etc..- but he still managed to get you on your feet and excited with a great bit of skill or run at some point in his games. As you have pointed out in numerous posts, he was performing well in seasons gone by, just not consistently enough - now he is doing that. The negativity surrounding him on this forum is ridiculous, I agree he hasnt done a great deal for us as yet but his performances have been limited, Duff took an absolute age to do anything for us and its not as though we are blessed with plenty of other players who are doing what he can do. Give him a chance and please god he'll grow in to the role for Ireland, once he has a decent run of games under his belt.

His assists stats are great as you say, but not only that, the amount of great balls he gets in (over 90mins) that havent ended in a goal - the vast majority from open play is excellent. I go to the majority of Celtic home games and a significant nbr of the away ones are on setanta. Some additional stats like number of crosses, shots,mileage covered per game would be good, because he covers some ground.

That was a ramble, but he will come good for Ireland - we should just support him in the lead up to that point.
    ramble or not I couldn't have put it better myself, plenty nails hit on the head there. I've stopped trying to defend him with some of the begrudging on here, I know how good he is / could be and thats good enough for me!
    Havin a weekend away is quite frankly,lettin ur team mates down!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    McGeady is a player and a good one at that. Yep he has had the few bad outings for Ireland but tell us one player that played consistantly well in an Irish top for the last few years. No one that's correct not one at all.He is unfortuantly a scapegoat for many on here usually when we lose. This will all change no doubt about it.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    Im with you EB.
    The negativity surrounding him on this forum is ridiculous
    Another hyper sensitive McGeady fan
    The majority of fans are quite positive to McGeady on this forum.
    80 to 90% of Ireland fans were very positive towards McGeady for his last performance against Brazil.

Don't forget, Eirebhoy has promised to run naked in Dublin in a couple of years time if McGeady is not our best player by then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lad's only 21 all this speculation and stuff will be affecting him I'd say. He just wants to play football.
    Best thing for him is maybe 2 years with Celtic then look to move.
    What you's reckon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    if he can get a move to spain then go for it as soon as possible. We need more players playing outside of Britain. Joe Lapira doesn't count

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    80 to 90% of Ireland fans were very positive towards McGeady for his last performance against Brazil.
    The fans weren't anywhere near as positive as I thought they'd be after that performance. He was definitely my motm and I doubt very many on here would have had him as motm. I suppose the lack of stick he took is a good sign though because when he does have a poor game there's plenty of people on here willing to slag him off.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy View Post
    The fans weren't anywhere near as positive as I thought they'd be after that performance. He was definitely my motm and I doubt very many on here would have had him as motm. I suppose the lack of stick he took is a good sign though because when he does have a poor game there's plenty of people on here willing to slag him off.
    I expect Aiden Mc Geady to be recognised as one of the best ever players to don the 'Green Jersey' and although I have said this for years - I didn't expect it to happen so soon but his recent performances have been out of this world (Benfica, Brazil and Aberdeen to name three).

While support is gathering on this Island for the young lad - I cannot believe this recognition has taken so long. From day one, it was blatently obvious that the guy had serious talent - (The performance as an 18 year old against Milan in 2005 and Nesta's gesture of appreciation during the game testify to this).

Without doubt the MOTM against Brazil.

Sadly, I really do believe that the majority who post messages on this site hang on Eamonn Dunphys every word.