Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Mark Kennedy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,245 Posts
    Appointed head coach at Macclesfield: https://www.mtfc.co.uk/news/2020/jan...ew-head-coach/
    Doesn't look like they have a manager, so I guess he's manager in all but name?
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on twitter and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Lost the first game in charge 2-1 away to a Colchester side managed by John Mcgreal. Probably the most 1990s thing you'll read today. .

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    331 Posts
    Remember listening to a podcast with him and (I think) Kevin Kilbane where he said he'd no interest in the Irish national team. Wouldn't watch them in a big match even. Came across as a bit bitter. Think he felt he deserved more from McCarhty and he was scapegoat a bit after him and Babb were sent home before the Holland game.
    He failed to mention he got back in the team and was offered a place in the 2002 world cup squad but pulled out due to injury.
    Babb made his way back into the team as well.
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer82 View Post
    Remember listening to a podcast with him and (I think) Kevin Kilbane where he said he'd no interest in the Irish national team. Wouldn't watch them in a big match even. Came across as a bit bitter. Think he felt he deserved more from McCarhty and he was scapegoat a bit after him and Babb were sent home before the Holland game.
    He failed to mention he got back in the team and was offered a place in the 2002 world cup squad but pulled out due to injury.
    Babb made his way back into the team as well.
    Kennedy had a bad attitude as a player . I wonder how that works when such a player goes into management .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Kennedy had a bad attitude as a player . I wonder how that works when such a player goes into management .
    He persisted with playing and made a name for himself at city and wolves in their recovery. I never heard he had an especially bad attitude as a pro .. at the time dancing drunk on cars in Harcourt st was par for the course (have you ever heard Graham stacks stories...?). Slightly old fashioned maybe at that point but he was out of millwall, exposed to ruddock at Liverpool.. what do you expect like... his application in the latter half of his career suggests he got what he could out of it. I think he just wasnt as good as duff or as effective as kilbane. Killer player a lot of games at the top level.. easy to forget...
    Kennedy could be an excellent lower league coach

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    216 Posts
    There was a massive buzz around Kennedy when he first come onto the scene. Remember taking a day off school to watch him play a U21 international against England in Dalymount. :-) And remember us losing badly out in Vienna but Kennedy having the beating of his man and putting in dangerous balls. Never really got his career going from its early start.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    167 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamo kerry View Post
    He persisted with playing and made a name for himself at city and wolves in their recovery. I never heard he had an especially bad attitude as a pro .. at the time dancing drunk on cars in Harcourt st was par for the course (have you ever heard Graham stacks stories...?). Slightly old fashioned maybe at that point but he was out of millwall, exposed to ruddock at Liverpool.. what do you expect like... his application in the latter half of his career suggests he got what he could out of it. I think he just wasnt as good as duff or as effective as kilbane. Killer player a lot of games at the top level.. easy to forget...
    Kennedy could be an excellent lower league coach
    I remember an Irish Times journalist, who I shall not name( out of respect for those hurt by his actions) relating a tale of an Irish player setting fire to a handful of the local currency in an ex-Communist country in front of a bunch of locals, for the craic (am absolutely disgraceful act).....anyone remember the story and know who it was, allegedly, or whatever?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yard of Pace View Post
    I remember an Irish Times journalist, who I shall not name( out of respect for those hurt by his actions) relating a tale of an Irish player setting fire to a handful of the local currency in an ex-Communist country in front of a bunch of locals, for the craic (am absolutely disgraceful act).....anyone remember the story and know who it was, allegedly, or whatever?
    If thats true. I dont care how good that particular player was , he should have been dropped for 6 months

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,245 Posts
    Yes, I'm familiar with it. I've since heard it was a few different players, who did it in a few different countries, so I'm not sure of its validity
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on twitter and facebook

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Well John Delaney must have been taking tips !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    167 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    If thats true. I dont care how good that particular player was , he should have been dropped for 6 months
    6 months? I'd say they should never have represented the country again. An appalling thing to do.

Tets: I would guess from that that it happened at least once so.

Not saying it was Kennedy, btw, just popped into my head when someone mentioned the Starksy & Hutch bonnet slide on Harcourt Street.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,770 Posts
    As good a time as any to remind ourselves of his cracker against Yugoslavia in 1999.
    One of my favourite goals of all-time.

Probably in my top-3 matches of all-time. It was quality.

All 3 goals here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTERrBF2gRs
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

16. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieShels View Post
    As good a time as any to remind ourselves of his cracker against Yugoslavia in 1999.
    One of my favourite goals of all-time.

Probably in my top-3 matches of all-time. It was quality.

All 3 goals here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTERrBF2gRs
    A lot of actual kissing after that goal !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    331 Posts
    One of my favourite ever Irish goals.
    We played brilliantly that night.
    Breen had a cracker I remember
    Last edited by Fixer82; 22/01/2020 at 9:21 AM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678