KILDARE COUNTY 1 Waterford Utd. 0

Well, Station Road Newbridge proved to be a fantastic place to be on Saturday evening!

Another good victory for the Thoroughbreds, although not a very convincing one considering on numereous occasions our Keeper Tadgh Murphy made some wonderful saves. I was very impressed with some of Waterfords football and on the night they played more football than we did. Thanks must go to the Waterford Support on the night, nice to see them with their flags and stuff making plenty of noise, Jaysus lads ye weren't going to be short of a drink with all the cans ye had!!

The most impressive performance on the night was probably from Kildare's left winger Alan Kelly, he is a smashing footballer and caused Waterford problems a few times and then turned up to score the only goal of the game from a Shay Zellor right wing cross. The good thing about Alan Kelly is he played for Newbridge Town last year and it is great to see him doing well.

There was a good attendance at the game the official attendance being 800 approx. Although because of some foul ups by the local press alot of fans thought the game was starting at 7.00 when in fact it had been rescheduled to 6.30 so a good few people missed alot of the first half.

We were honoured by the presence of one Milo Corcoran who turned up at half time with some of his hired goons. His presence was announced over the speaker system and myself and a friend and alot of private mutterings throughout the ground let him know what we thought about his own personal involvement in the recent history of Irish soccer, much to the anger of one of his baldheaded goons who in an incredibly childish way tried to stare us out of it, what did he think he was trying to achieve, and when has it become a crime to voice an opinion, I mean we didn't call him names, so Milo should take on board the voices and opinions of all the fans not just the selected deafness that the FAI are so good at.

Anyway many pints were indulged post match in the bar at Newbridge Towns ground, so if you are a travelling supporter there is a bar on site, it will help to ease the pain of losing to Kildare County

It was great to talk to Dermot Keely afterwards and get his insight into some of the players and his decision making.

Roll on Finn Harps and the First Division Cup Final!!

Slán a chairde