Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Only 3 Substitute Rule ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Only 3 Substitute Rule ?

Where did this Directive come from.Why has it been introduced.Whoever came up with it is not in touch with Junior football reality.It does no harm at all to be able to give 5 subs a game to try to keep your panel happy.Why has it been change??

I would suggest that we notify the Clare League that we wish to ignore this directive and stick to being able to use 5 subs as has been the case for a while now.This is ridiculous and a backward step.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    100% agree with you on this Shels... I'm astonished this has happened....

Rule it seems came direct from FIFA and will have to be adhered to. Cant see the sense in it at all.
    Can anyone see any positives from it????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CousinSylDolan View Post
    100% agree with you on this Shels... I'm astonished this has happened....

Rule it seems came direct from FIFA and will have to be adhered to. Cant see the sense in it at all.
    Can anyone see any positives from it????
    What FIFA or the FAI do about it if we dont implement it???
    Its a joke and it doesnt suit and is clearly detremental to Junior soccer therefore junior soccer should ignore it and see what anyone does about it.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shelbourne1904 View Post
    Its a joke and it doesnt suit and is clearly detremental to Junior soccer therefore junior soccer should ignore it and see what anyone does about it.
    Shouldn't someone clarify what the rule is before making judgements or do ye want to rewrite the rulebook because it doesn't suit.IMO I think 3 subs is more than enough but then again I wont be trying to keep all the new signings that ye have made happy.Surely if all junoiur sides agree with 5 subs then it shouldn't be a problem especially when it comes to national competitions.
    Last edited by First; 28/08/2006 at 3:58 PM.
    I'll update this next year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by First View Post
    Shouldn't someone clarify what the rule is before making judgements or do ye want to rewrite the rulebook because it doesn't suit.IMO I think 3 subs is more than enough but then again I wont be trying to keep all the new signings that ye have made happy.Surely if all junoiur sides agree with 5 subs then it shouldn't be a problem especially when it comes to national competitions.
    it would be nice to play 5 subs if you have 5 subs to be played.
    If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later

FORM IS TEMPORARY, CLASS IS PERMANENT

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Whats the story in Limerick? 5 subs were allowed for the first time last season in local competitions and it was great when you had that many.
    18 times, and that's a fact.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smellyfeet View Post
    it would be nice to play 5 subs if you have 5 subs to be played.
    Nice
    I'll update this next year.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by larrywhite View Post
    Whats the story in Limerick? 5 subs were allowed for the first time last season in local competitions and it was great when you had that many.
    the ldmc were notified of the fifa instruction also but as our league was started we will continue to use 5 subs until next season when we will have to comply with the fifa rule. it must be said that no junior body would agree with this rule but we must comply.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Shelbourne1904

Law 3 in "The Laws of the Game" state:
    "Up to a maximum of three substitutes may be used in any match played in an official competition organised under the auspices of FIFA, the confederations or the member associations.

The rules of the competition must state how many substitutes may be nominated, from three up to a maximum of seven."

I believe Limerick allow five subs and have done so for a number of seasons, it would appear that the powers that be in the Clare league have made a decision to fall in line with the Laws of the Game.

If I am refereeing in a competition that allow five subs, I have no problem with that as the advantage (if any) accrues to both teams.

This has been part of the rule book for a number of years so the rule itself is not new, only that the Clare league is implementing it.

I hope this clears up where the rule originated
    Smile........ it confuses people

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    No problem with the 5 subs, only problem is the managers were togging out 6 or 7 when there was only 3 subs how many will they have on the side line now, and fairly impossible anyway to keep everyone happy all the time as you well know

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The laws of the game do not insist that if u finish playing Eircom League then you are not allowed play junior football for a period of time.Yet that rule is implemented in Limerick.On that basis if the Clare League bring in a rule to say you can use 5 subs then that should be the case.

I repeat we as junior clubs can instruct our league that we want to use 5 subs.If the FAI or FIFA want to do something about it let them.

Lets take control of our game and not slaveishly follow some rediculous rule that some guy who is obviously out of touch has come up with.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The laws of the game do not insist that if u finish playing Eircom League then you are not allowed play junior football for a period of time.Yet that rule is implemented in Limerick.On that basis if the Clare League bring in a rule to say you can use 5 subs then that should be the case.

I repeat we as junior clubs can instruct our league that we want to use 5 subs.If the FAI or FIFA want to do something about it let them.

Lets take control of our game and not slaveishly follow some rediculous rule that some guy who is obviously out of touch has come up with.
    Its up to each league to be made aware of the FIFA DIRECTIVE, however each league for one reason or another may not implement a FIFA DIRECTIVE.
    for ie. the Mayo League dont apply the FIFA directive if a player is sent off Should be suspended in his next match.
    Reason found it hard on man hours to implement.
    Some League's agreed with its clubs to have 5 subs which I think is a good Idea gives other lads a chance of a game rather than warming the bench.
    regards to Eircom League players should they regrade in acordance with its rules then they should be aloud to play with any Junior club.
    But then again some leagues have differant rules to others.
    And may need a rule change at its A.G.M.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    The LSL allows 3 subs from 7
    Always look on the bright side of life