Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Ipswich Town Attack

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ipswich Town Attack

I noticed that Ipswich have an Irish strikeforce tonight (vs QPR) with Alan Lee and Billy Clarke. Anyone know what this Clarke lad is like or how he's getting on?

Future international maybe?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    Played well by all accounts, Sky Sports described him as "jet heeled", and hit the crossbar. Been a regular in the underage sides for some time now, and if Dixon and O'Brien can get into the senior side with little to no first team experience, there's no reason why he can't, especially if his partnership with Lee proves fruitful.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    Hope Stan doesnt get any ideas, these two could be good, but I dont want to see them in the squad until the next friendly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    Just seen the chance where he hit the crossbar, showed nice speed, and got between 2 defenders, shot from just to the right of the penalty spot and hit the underside of the crossbar.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    SKy's commentator said that Clarke has a massive future ahead of him. He was an integral part of Ipswich's FA Youth Cup winning side though he missed the final due to injury. He was on loan at Colchester for part of last year and impressed by all accounts. I saw his Ipswich debut (against Cardiff I think) on TV last year. He came on as sub, was nervous and had a poor first touch but actually set up Ipswich's equaliser with a surging run from deep. He's very highly rated by those in the know. Fingers crossed...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Seems to be doing the business at the moment, Fair play to him.
    In Trap we trust

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Posted this above, from SKY News (note: no mention in any Irish media source I checked )

Ipswich Town manager Jim Magilton has hailed Billy Clarke after his match-winner in the 2-1 win over Coventry City on Tuesday.

The 18-year-old scored an 85th minute winner for Town in a dramatic second half at Portman Road.

Clarke had only been on the field for five minutes before unleashing a 25-yard left foot drive that defeated the diving Andy Marshall.

While Magilton has been singing the praises of the teenager he has also urged a word of caution.

"He is a revelation but I must try to keep his feet on the ground," Magilton confirmed.

"He has always had something about him. He suffered injury last season but he took it on the chin and is now firing on all cylinders."

The strike was Clarke's third goal of the campaign and he has been thrilled with his impact at The Championship club so far.

"I can't believe how it's gone for me. It's just amazing. It's mad really," Clarke told the club's website.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hope he does well - he's very good in Football manager!