Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dundalk boss questions league reshuffle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Post Dundalk boss questions league reshuffle

Dundalk boss questions league reshuffle

Dundalk manager John Gill has called into question the imminent reshuffle of the domestic league under the FAI, claiming that the Association has already decided upon the make-up of next season’s new-look Premiership. Former Dublin City and Athlone Town chief Gill has guided Dundalk to an exceptional run of form in recent weeks.

Nine games unbeaten have taken them to the cusp of the title race – but Gill fears that, regardless of their achievements this time around, the Lilywhites will not be invited into the top flight next year.

Read more at www.eleven-a-side.com
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    He's right and a team of dundalk's history and fan base should be in the premier.To be honest this reshuffle is going to be a disaster and wont help the league at all
    No Comment.

International Prospect DmanDmythDledge's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nshoop View Post
    He's right and a team of dundalk's history and fan base should be in the premier.To be honest this reshuffle is going to be a disaster and wont help the league at all
    So if you used to be a good team you feel that that is good enough reason to be in the Premier

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DmanDmythDledge View Post
    So if you used to be a good team you feel that that is good enough reason to be in the Premier
    I'm saying that if dundalk finish first or second they should be promoted and also that they are a huge club that bring a lot to the league as apposed to nobodies with no support or history who should be in the first division supplying players to the premier
    No Comment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    I'm saying that if dundalk finish first or second they should be promoted
    But is it also your opinion that if you used to be good that you should be in the Premier? That's the question I asked. It's a simple yes or no.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I'm saying that if dundalk finish first or second they should be promoted and also that they are a huge club that bring a lot to the league as apposed to nobodies with no support or history who should be in the first division supplying players to the premier
    Thats a load of sh!t. You should be in the premier on merit - simple as that. Id prefer to get promoted by winning games not relying on history.

The fact that they were a huge club means fcuk all in the present day - they should only be promoted if they are good enough to get there/ possibly stay there

I pressume the part highlighted in bold refers to teams such as Kilkenny and Monaghan? Yes??

As a Kilkenny fan I find that highly insulting - we may not have a great history or a decent fan base but we are certainly not content with just supplying players to the Premier. Believe it or not we have ambitions and hope, one day to play in the premier again - if we do get there again Im sure it will be because of what we have done on the pitch not because we used to be a big club

Btw if Rovers slip up and dont finish in at least the top 3 then I dont think they deserve to go up - but sure ye have a great history, dont ye?? Im sure that will win ye points in the premier

Who are the "nobodies"?? I wonder. It wouldnt be that Dublin team that dont even have a stadium of their own would it???

EDIT: Just realised that the nobodies you are refering to are UCD. I still completley disagree with your views though
    Last edited by joema; 24/08/2006 at 12:12 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    But is it also your opinion that if you used to be good that you should be in the Premier? That's the question I asked. It's a simple yes or no.
    No,but in a toss up between two teams say ucd and dundalk,dundalk finish second in the first division getting good crowds and ucd finish bottom half of premier with usual crowds and appeal,I think dundalk's appeal and history should carry them through.I think that's fair.
    No Comment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    No,but in a toss up between two teams say ucd and dundalk,dundalk finish second in the first division getting good crowds and ucd finish bottom half of premier with usual crowds and appeal,I think dundalk's appeal and history should carry them through.I think that's fair.
    UCD have nothing with the thread- keep it on topic. I know you find it difficult but it's actually not that difficult.

Also you have contradicted yourself by saying no at the start and then saying it should be a deciding factor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    UCD have nothing with the thread- keep it on topic. I know you find it difficult but it's actually not that difficult.

Also you have contradicted yourself by saying no at the start and then saying it should be a deciding factor.
    You asked me did I think that if a team used to be good should that get them into the premier full-stop and I said no and then explained to you where I think it's important and should be a factor,understand?This is basic stuff especially for a college boy.I think the history of a club is important but not enough to earn promotion.
    No Comment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    Absolutely not, UCD are in the Premier on merit, Dundalk, Rovers, Cobh Ramblers etc are in the first because they have not been able to get into, or stay in the Premier. Tradition should count for nothing. It is now and the future that matter.
    ''and I for one welcome our new insect overlords''

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    You asked me did I think that if a team used to be good should that get them into the premier full-stop and I said no and then explained to you where I think it's important and should be a factor,understand?This is basic stuff especially for a college boy.
    Where you explained where you think it's important is the same thing that you answered no to and I don't go to college btw.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Where you explained where you think it's important is the same thing that you answered no to and I don't go to college btw.
    Ah come on look,for the last time,if it's a 50/50 toss up between a team that has come first in the first division with a big following and illustrious history and a smaller team with f*ck all support and appeal that has finished in the bottom half of the premier,the support and history of the bigger club should prevail as it would be beneficial to the league to have them in the top division.Now what is so hard to understand about that?We're trying to promote our league here and dundalk in the premier with 2-3000 fans weekly singing about all their league and cup trophies instead of a smaller team with a few hundred supporters is common sense.
    No Comment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Ah come on look,for the last time,if it's a 50/50 toss up between a team that has come first in the first division with a big following and illustrious history and a smaller team with f*ck all support and appeal that has finished in the bottom half of the premier,the support and history of the bigger club should prevail as it would be beneficial to the league to have them in the top division.Now what is so hard to understand about that?We're trying to promote our league here and dundalk in the premier with 2-3000 fans weekly singing about all their league and cup trophies instead of a smaller team with a few hundred supporters is common sense.
    I wasn't arguing that point- I never mentioned anything to do with UCD. I was pointing out that you kept contradicting yourself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I never mentioned ucd either,I was careful and I never contradicted myself once.I explained my opinion clearly and I have nothing against ucd or any small club for the record
    No Comment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    I never mentioned ucd either
    http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=521172&postcount=7. You also went on about UCD in every post you've made in this thread.
    I have nothing against ucd or any small club for the record
    Strange way of showing it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=521172&postcount=7. You also went on about UCD in every post you've made in this thread.

Strange way of showing it.
    I only mentioned ucd in one post,the one you linked and I was trying to inject a bit of humour into this depressing conversation with the small clubs comment.Apologies for taking so long to reply as your link logged me off and wouldn't let me log on again which happens with links to threads on this forum,it's very annoying.
    No Comment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    I only mentioned ucd in one post,the one you linked and I was trying to inject a bit of humour into this depressing conversation with the small clubs comment.Apologies for taking so long to reply as your link logged me off and wouldn't let me log on again which happens with links to threads on this forum,it's very annoying.
    It's obvious you were talking about UCD.

I think I've made you look stupid enough times for my liking so I'll stop now.

Back on topic Dundalk would have every right to feel aggrieved if they didn't get into the Premier if they win the First Division or come second and win the playoff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think I've made you look stupid enough times for my liking so I'll stop now.
    See,I knew you had a sense of humour.Next time give me a proper argument instead of throwing stupid technicalities into the conversation
    No Comment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    715 Posts
    Ronan, please don't turn into another Pineapple Stu. We get enough crap about being whiney sods as is.

Anyway, I'm pleased to see the league restructuring being questioned, but Gill's a bit late. His club didn't vote against the proposal either, so he has nothing to stand on here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts
    Good oul John Gill, if he was a chocolate he'd eat himself. Hopefully the same thing will now happen Dundalk as happened Limerick, ie going on a good run and then spouting on about how they should be in the prem div next season if they win the league, then implosion. The team that wins the league deserves to go up but we all knew at the start of the season that there was different criteria for this campaign so it's a bit rich moaning now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast