Thanked in
    1 Post
    who are the long ball team?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by summervilleman View Post
    We won't be adding to our squad...We have a fine team and a few youngsters coming through so we will be staying with the team we have !!
    personally i think if ye stick with the team ye have ye will struggle,ye did brilliant this year,just think premier will be a lot tougher without ye makin some signings

International Prospect abbeyvale's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mulla View Post
    personally i think if ye stick with the team ye have ye will struggle,ye did brilliant this year,just think premier will be a lot tougher without ye makin some signings
    As it proved for us this season.
    We ****ed Div 1A last season and were thinking along the same lines as Summerville are now, but the Prem takes a lot more out of the squad than you think, especially when you dont sign that many extra players.
    Last edited by abbeyvale; 04/05/2007 at 9:23 AM.
    68, 99, 08

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    summerville 4-0 dines

they won the league laast night... well deserved..... all league matches cancelled for rest of season..... think u just give everyone a draw for remainder of matches... thats what was done in previous seasons so the final league table should look something like this...... could be wrong wit all this.....

Summerville 22 / 55..............Promoted
    Wembley 22 / 47 .................Promoted
    Shannon Town 22 / 39
    Bruff United 22 / 37
    Mungret Regional 22 / 35
    Geraldines 22 / 31
    Caherdavin 22 / 31
    Hill Celtic 22 / 23
    Cappamore 22 / 23
    Ballynanty 22 / 19
    Coonagh 22 / 18..................Relegated
    Park FC 22 / 10.....................Relegated

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Congratulations summerville on winning the league yee deserved to win it.

Having seen yee play a few times this season I think yee will struggle big time next year in premiere, due to the style of football yee play (a lot of long ball stuff) and the fact that yee don't have enough premiere standard players.

I fancy wembly to finish mid table next year, similar to corbally this year.

Thats just my opion lads I could be wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoops 1967 View Post
    Congratulations summerville on winning the league yee deserved to win it.

Having seen yee play a few times this season I think yee will struggle big time next year in premiere, due to the style of football yee play (a lot of long ball stuff) and the fact that yee don't have enough premiere standard players.

I fancy wembly to finish mid table next year, similar to corbally this year.

Thats just my opion lads I could be wrong.
    well done summerville on winning the league last night,from what i've seen and from what i saw last night ye deserved it,ye were much too strong for us physically and fitness wise,i just hope we put up a better fight should we play ye in the semis.
    Still think ye need a bit more next season though and agree with hoops

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    well done summerville on winning the league last night,from what i've seen and from what i saw last night ye deserved it,ye were much too strong for us physically and fitness wise,i just hope we put up a better fight should we play ye in the semis.
    Still think ye need a bit more next season though and agree with hoops
    thanks lads.. let us enjoy our moment.. it aint every day little summerville win a league.. rumour has it the open top bus is leavin colbert station sunday nite at half seven so make sure to line the streets and get a good position!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Has the other semi-final between bruff and shannon been played yet and if so who won it and what was the score....Ourselves and geraldines in the other semi tomorrow....

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Has the other semi-final between bruff and shannon been played yet and if so who won it and what was the score....Ourselves and geraldines in the other semi tomorrow....
    Bruff v Shannon semi-final played last Sunday.
    Shannon went 2-0 up, Bruff pulled it back to 2-2.
    Went to extra time & penalties, Bruff won the shoot-out.
    LTID

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Cheers Kev,,,Our semi final against geraldines was off this morning as no referee showed...Very suspicious,,,,Not to many games on in town so there were plenty of refs out there..Think geraldines had a minor match in the afternoon ...I have my suspicions about this one!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Cheers Kev,,,Our semi final against geraldines was off this morning as no referee showed...Very suspicious,,,,Not to many games on in town so there were plenty of refs out there..Think geraldines had a minor match in the afternoon ...I have my suspicions about this one!!!
    only 1 minor would have started,you could see us all there mona its not as if we had an understrenght side,to be honest as i said without the minor player that would have been our team anyways,whats suspicious is we agreed to play it any evenin this week but for some reason ye were not available!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    summerville at it again are they.

it wasnt to long ago when we were suppose to play them in the league and cup within 3 days but the league game was called off because summerville went to council and said that they had never won a league and it was unfir for the council to ask them to play 3 games in 6 days.

however the week before we had to play 3 games in 5 days and we had no choice but to play them. seems to me summerville are becoming the pike, balla, and boro of 1a getting what they want when they want. thing is though they are the pike of 1a so they will be back where they belong next year.

no doubts about it

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Rovers View Post

it wasnt to long ago when we were suppose to play them in the league and cup within 3 days but the league game was called off because summerville went to council and said that they had never won a league and it was unfir for the council to ask them to play 3 games in 6 days.

however the week before we had to play 3 games in 5 days and we had no choice but to play them. seems to me summerville are becoming the pike, balla, and boro of 1a getting what they want when they want. thing is though they are the pike of 1a so they will be back where they belong next year.

no doubts about it
    Back where we belong??? We are back where we belong, in the Premier where we were for 5 years before getting relegated to 1A!

That's pretty rich coming from a Wembley team that were talked about as the "best" footballing team in town, but when it came down to it crumbled under the pressure!

As I recall, in the last two meetings in the cup between our two teams, all Wembley goals were scored from a set piece, and fair play to ye're left back he has a mighty long throw on him!

It sounds a bit like sour grapes to me!

Also in relation to the Geraldines match, both teams were there and no ref turned up, and Geraldines minors had an important match that afternoon, so of course we were going to think that something was amiss!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    I dont think either of the two will be out of their depth next season. i'd favour Summervile to do better of the two, for any team to get five or six 4-0 wins on the trot says a lot and I know theres been a lot of talk about this years 1a being weak but I dont agree thats theres a huge gulf between 1a and the premier, at least the bottom half anyways. Of couse a lot can happen between now and August but obviously both are going to try to strenghten even further.
    LTID

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SummervilleRule View Post
    Back where we belong??? We are back where we belong, in the Premier where we were for 5 years before getting relegated to 1A!

That's pretty rich coming from a Wembley team that were talked about as the "best" footballing team in town, but when it came down to it crumbled under the pressure!

As I recall, in the last two meetings in the cup between our two teams, all Wembley goals were scored from a set piece, and fair play to ye're left back he has a mighty long throw on him!

Also in relation to the Geraldines match, both teams were there and no ref turned up, and Geraldines minors had an important match that afternoon, so of course we were going to think that something was amiss!

it would be a different story if we had tried to get the game off because of the minor game,
    I honestly don't think that dines have control over referees in this town so to imply that we had somethin to do with a ref not turnin up is absurd,

unless of course the committee had him assasinated!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevB76 View Post
    I dont think either of the two will be out of their depth next season. i'd favour Summervile to do better of the two, for any team to get five or six 4-0 wins on the trot says a lot and I know theres been a lot of talk about this years 1a being weak but I dont agree thats theres a huge gulf between 1a and the premier, at least the bottom half anyways. Of couse a lot can happen between now and August but obviously both are going to try to strenghten even further.
    think this was said before but here goes,
    1A was weak this year compared to other years but as has been stated junior football in this town in every division has become weaker,

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    only 1 minor would have started,you could see us all there mona its not as if we had an understrenght side,to be honest as i said without the minor player that would have been our team anyways,whats suspicious is we agreed to play it any evenin this week but for some reason ye were not available!!!!!!!!!!
    Yeah whatever Mulla....Ye really had yere strongest team out there so did ye?? Not from where i was standing anyway...And ye knew ye wouldn't have it out...Thats why ye had it fixed !!
    Why should we play it mid week..Some of our players play other sports that fall mid week so why should we..And the only reason ye want it on mid week as yere minors wouldn;t be playing!! all adds up

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Rovers View Post

no doubts about it
    s'ville are the pike of 1A,what do you mean???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SummervilleRule View Post

Do ye honestly believe that geraldines would have that much influence over referrees that they could tell the ref not to bother turning up and he wouldnt.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Mikey Ryan has a great way with words you never know