Page 4 of 114 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Division 1A 2006/07

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wembley v summerville

it was a good result for summerville alright tues night. was at the game myself and its plain to see that both sides need to improve. Most people say that these two teams will get promoted. Still early season of course but the promotion race will be even tighter than last season i reckon.

What are mungret like this season, and what were the other scores from tuesday night? first post so apologies for typo's etc.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    was there only 2 games in 1a on tuesday

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by owngoal View Post
    it was a good result for summerville alright tues night. was at the game myself and its plain to see that both sides need to improve. Most people say that these two teams will get promoted. Still early season of course but the promotion race will be even tighter than last season i reckon.

What are mungret like this season, and what were the other scores from tuesday night? first post so apologies for typo's etc.....
    I was at the wembley sville match myself and to be brutally honest, sville were shocking for most of the game. wembley were much the better side for most of it but couldnt convert their chances. svilles keeper pulled off a few great saves and their defense was solid but besides that they didnt have much.

wembley were walking past their midfield, especially in the first half. wembley just lacked the killer instinct

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    I was at the wembley sville match myself and to be brutally honest, sville were shocking for most of the game. wembley were much the better side for most of it but couldnt convert their chances. svilles keeper pulled off a few great saves and their defense was solid but besides that they didnt have much.

wembley were walking past their midfield, especially in the first half. wembley just lacked the killer instinct
    Do you know if wembley played any of the minor team or was it the same as always all junior players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    did anyone get the results of cappamore V bruff and shannontown V mungret the ldmc website not updated yet

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dines View Post
    did anyone get the results of cappamore V bruff and shannontown V mungret the ldmc website not updated yet
    Hi Dines

my other life is interfearing with the website. I will update after this evenings games
    the results for tuesday are
    Coonagh United 1 Geraldines 0

Cappamore 3 Bruff United 0

Ballynanty Rovers (off) Hill Celtic

Wembley Rovers 0 Summerville Rovers 2

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Old keeper View Post
    my other life is interfearing with the website. I will update after this evenings games
    That's not good enough, we're getting used to a certain level of service at this stage....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Old keeper View Post
    Hi Dines

the results for tuesday are
    Coonagh United 1 Geraldines 0

Cappamore 3 Bruff United 0

Ballynanty Rovers (off) Hill Celtic

Wembley Rovers 0 Summerville Rovers 2
    Thanks for that

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    [QUOTE=Dines;526578]Do you know if wembley played any of the minor team or was it the same as always all junior players[/QUOTE

There were 3 minor players from last year that i knew playing with wembley. there could have been more cause others seemed to be young enough aswell.

its definitely a younger wembley side than last year - whether thats a good or a bad thing we'll have to wait and see

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wembley young players

the two youg lads in centre mid for wembley did very well on tues night v summerville. controlled the game for most part. Their keeper was very young looking too, could have done better for second goal and maybe should have closed down better for the first one. But i would say that it was tough on him as he had nothing to do all game and then got hit for two relatively quick goals, heard he has been playing well this season.

Who are these players does anyone know? thanks.

International Prospect abbeyvale's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    was there only 2 games in 1a on tuesday
    Mungrets game was put back on Tuesday night until tonight
    68, 99, 08

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by owngoal View Post
    the two youg lads in centre mid for wembley did very well on tues night v summerville. controlled the game for most part. Their keeper was very young looking too, could have done better for second goal and maybe should have closed down better for the first one. But i would say that it was tough on him as he had nothing to do all game and then got hit for two relatively quick goals, heard he has been playing well this season.

Who are these players does anyone know? thanks.

I'd say from what that was brian collopy in goals and it could be liam barret and jonathan grant or christ o'neill

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

summerville v wembley

stil poor old summerville get a hammering on this site, we played poorlly and got a result.. enough said.. the difference was the two defences and keepers basically.. our defenders were excellent and theres were bad.. and our keeper played very well and theres didnt!!plus in fairness to mikey monaghan he played very well in the second half out on the wing..so give us some credit where its due, anyone remember the fact we beat them 7-3 last year in the same place???!!!we are a good side who'l get stronger over the season!!wembley had barret anyway for definate.a super player he is, bossed the middle of the park and there keeper was minor!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by booster 03 View Post
    stil poor old summerville get a hammering on this site, we played poorlly and got a result.. enough said.. the difference was the two defences and keepers basically.. our defenders were excellent and theres were bad.. and our keeper played very well and theres didnt!!plus in fairness to mikey monaghan he played very well in the second half out on the wing..so give us some credit where its due, anyone remember the fact we beat them 7-3 last year in the same place???!!!we are a good side who'l get stronger over the season!!wembley had barret anyway for definate.a super player he is, bossed the middle of the park and there keeper was minor!
    Wembly will only use them for a few games as soon as FAI and MunsterYouth start they wont be used any more

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by booster 03 View Post
    Summerville dont get much of a hammering on this site. I am a supporter of the ville for years now, and i was just making comments on the wembley game. There are pluses for summerville like the fact that ye have four points from 6 while not playing the best. Ye always start poorly, ie last season, so it bodes well that ye already have points on the board.

Yere defence has been playing well. Keeper is good, shine back in centre half is good and yere full backs are playing where they should be this season.

As with every team, things will settle and calm once mid week games are over and we'll see then who'll be challenging. Interesting to see what caherdavin are like, havent seen them play in years, tough away game for summerville on sunday....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'd say from what that was brian collopy in goals and it could be liam barret and jonathan grant or christ o'neill
    liam barrett started along with brian collopy in goals... only minors that played against summerville.. morgan lewis and barry dillion back from holidays next week so will prob come back into the team then

as regards to the match on tuesday night would agree that we were the better side in the first half and missed 3 or 4 really good chances but this has been our downfall for the last 2 or 3 seasons been on top and not taking advantage....so u would have to say summerville prob deserved there win because they took there chances when they got them...still not the end of the world for us reckon its goona be a lot more competitive league this year and the so called top teams will drop points frequently.... and when the mid week games are finished we will be able to call on our minors players who are supposed to be involved a lot more than usual this year for the junior team

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    dines 0-5 wembley (shane fahy 2, damien collins 2, and seamus mulcahy)

any win down in the garryowen green will do.. think this result shows that the dines really need there minors for the junior team as they had none available this morning due to playing wembley youths in the evening...

heard caherdavin won 8-2 against summerville up in portland.. no disrespect to caherdavin but what the f u c k happened summerville heard they could of been at a wedding and if this is true why didnt they ask for it to be called off...

any other resulsts from this morning

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [QUOTE=scoobysham;52

any other resulsts from this morning[/QUOTE]

www.ldmc.ie is updated with tables and results

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobysham View Post
    dines 0-5 wembley (shane fahy 2, damien collins 2, and seamus mulcahy)

any win down in the garryowen green will do.. think this result shows that the dines really need there minors for the junior team as they had none available this morning due to playing wembley youths in the evening...

heard caherdavin won 8-2 against summerville up in portland.. no disrespect to caherdavin but what the f u c k happened summerville heard they could of been at a wedding and if this is true why didnt they ask for it to be called off...

any other resulsts from this morning
    Yes there was a wedding alright and few away on hols and one suspended.But that is still no excuse for such a bad beating today...We were all very poor to be honest..We were 2-0 up and all.Conceeded four goals from corners which just isn't good enough as the caherdavin boys are not the biggest height wise..One golal they got was definately a free on our keeper but we were well beaten at that stage...We got a game called off only last week for a wedding as well and i think we are only entitled to one game off ro something(maybe old keeper may be able to answer this?)
    Other then that we must put it behind is and try get the heads up for our game on thursday!!!..

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by summervilleman View Post
    Yes there was a wedding alright and few away on hols and one suspended.But that is still no excuse for such a bad beating today...We were all very poor to be honest..We were 2-0 up and all.Conceeded four goals from corners which just isn't good enough as the caherdavin boys are not the biggest height wise..One golal they got was definately a free on our keeper but we were well beaten at that stage...We got a game called off only last week for a wedding as well and i think we are only entitled to one game off ro something(maybe old keeper may be able to answer this?)
    Other then that we must put it behind is and try get the heads up for our game on thursday!!!..

Hi
    You are entitled to 2 free weekends but must request it 12 days before

Page 4 of 114 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast